ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 324
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
In58men 08:54 PM 07-16-2023
Let’s not forget about McKinnon.

He should zero signs of regression last season.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:57 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I was told on here that my concern for his PED pop was unfounded.
That’s because it was BEFORE we were going to sign him
[Reply]
TEX 08:58 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with his injury concerns, but if he can somehow stay healthy he's going to be a top 10 WR in the league. I just don't see it happening. The Chiefs training staff couldn't help Hammy Watkins stay on the field and Watkins had multiple healthy seasons. Toney just has something with his body that keeps getting him hurt. **** he had like 3 or 4 different injuries last year alone. I'm not sure how the Chiefs training staff is going to prevent those things from happening.
He wont stay healthy. He never has dating back to college. The Chiefs know that though.
[Reply]
TEX 09:02 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I'm just kind of dumbfounded that he's going to the Titans. I see it this way...

I'm an aging veteran star. I have maybe 4 years left in the league. There is not a lot of offers on the table, when just a handful of years ago, I'd fetch a king's ransom in trade/contract.

What do I do? I sign a one-year deal with a contender where I can go to a conference championship or even super bowl and reestablish myself as a premier player. Then, fresh off my first postseason run with a ring on my finger, I go back out and see who else wants to pay handsomely for my elite skillset.

Unless...

I secretly know that the wheels have come off. I know that I'm going to go out and, with the cameras on me, everyone is going to see that I'm actually cooked. I don't want to be a premier player on a contender, because I know that I don't have it anymore. And pretty soon, everyone else is going to know it. There won't be another contract after this, so I better get everything that I can get now.

This move to me signals that Hopkins knows he's done. It doesn't make any sense to me in any other way. It's a last grab at the bag before the word is out.

If he's benched/IR by week 7... are you shocked?
Maybe, but dont over think it. The Titans offered him the most $$$, and he took it. Its that simple.
[Reply]
Bump 09:04 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I was told on here that my concern for his PED pop was unfounded.
I actually forgot about that and I've been lurking this thread too
[Reply]
scho63 09:13 PM 07-16-2023
I'm just kind of dumbfounded that he's going to the Titans. I see it this way...

I'm an aging veteran star. I have maybe 4 years left in the league. There is not a lot of offers on the table, when just a handful of years ago, I'd fetch a king's ransom in trade/contract.
That pretty much summed it up.

My only disagreement is I see him playing two more years and not even two full seasons.

He has been breaking down more often.

This signing was all about him and nothing to do with winning.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:13 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
I am too but he's got to do it first. I can easily see him breaking 1K yards, the dude is a freak.
I want him to ball out so he can have another SB ring for his other middle finger! Wow wouldn't that be AWESOME! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:15 PM 07-16-2023
I bet the Chiefs were in the $8-10 mil MAX offer with a bunch of incentives.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:16 PM 07-16-2023

What do I do? I sign a one-year deal with a contender where I can go to a conference championship or even super bowl and reestablish myself as a premier player. Then, fresh off my first postseason run with a ring on my finger, I go back out and see who else wants to pay handsomely for my elite skillset.

Unless...

I secretly know that the wheels have come off. I know that I'm going to go out and, with the cameras on me, everyone is going to see that I'm actually cooked. I don't want to be a premier player on a contender, because I know that I don't have it anymore. And pretty soon, everyone else is going to know it. There won't be another contract after this, so I better get everything that I can get now.

This move to me signals that Hopkins knows he's done. It doesn't make any sense to me in any other way. It's a last grab at the bag before the word is out.

If he's benched/IR by week 7... are you shocked?
Doesn’t make sense any other way? Did you consider the possibility that he simply went to the highest bidder?

Nah, an athlete would never do that.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:20 PM 07-16-2023
A LOT of people sleeping on Skyy.

Remember this:

How often the 2022 rookie WR class was charted as open against single man coverage this season. Khalil Shakir should probably get more snaps next season? pic.twitter.com/2q6vyuAfAA

— Arjun Menon (@arjunmenon100) February 16, 2023

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:26 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
If he signs with us, he’s DeAndre Hopkins.

If he signs with anyone else he’s DeAndre Blumpkins.
This post from a week ago is the only post I got right in this entire thread... :-)

Other than that one... just a bunch of L's :-)
[Reply]
Bump 09:29 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I want him to ball out so he can have another SB ring for his other middle finger! Wow wouldn't that be AWESOME! :-)
I'm in for that! As long as he gives the giants a double bird on twitter!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:34 PM 07-16-2023
You think there is any chance we can get Marvin Harrison Jr?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:37 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You think there is any chance we can get Marvin Harrison Jr?
He’ll be a top pick like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, etc.

No amount of our current draft capital would be enough.

The only chance would be trading a player to a team that ends up being awful. Like if a team gave up a first for Jones, then ended up winning like 3 games.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:39 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He’ll be a top pick like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, etc.

No amount of our current draft capital would be enough.

The only chance would be trading a player to a team that ends up being awful. Like if a team gave up a first for Jones, then ended up winning like 3 games.
I just really want to see Mahomes play with a dominate WR, someone who can make Kelce life easier.

Maybe he’s already on the team?
[Reply]
Page 253 of 324
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Up