ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 252 of 469
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302352 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:02 AM 07-20-2022
The Royals have a minor-league player named River Town?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:16 PM 07-20-2022
Kiley McDaniel on the radio today said he thinks the Royals were going to take Cade Horton if he was available. He went to the Cubs at #7 which was considered a reach.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:18 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The guy drafted ahead of Asa Lacy - Max Meyer - made his MLB debut Saturday. They guy we took can’t even get out of 1 inning at AA.

Orioles are 46-46 in easily the toughest division. They have a good young core and the #4 and #5 prospect in MLB.

Skunkhead’s days are numbered, along with the entire FO. They have to be
Lacy has been a real disaster. Injuries, command issues. Just not good. (He had those at aTm as well, and only had the one good season of performance and health).

The guy many wanted instead - Austin Martin - hasn't translated his power to wood bats and is middling along at AA.

The HS player's KC was most connected to were Zac Veen and Pete Crow-Armstrong. Both have been excellent.

And the best HS player from that class was nabbed by the Cardinals at 21 - Jordan Walker. KC wasn't connected to him at all and I doubt he was on their board (as he's a hulking, not-overly athletic corner guy, which they tend to not draft high).
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 05:59 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lacy has been a real disaster. Injuries, command issues. Just not good. (He had those at aTm as well, and only had the one good season of performance and health).

The guy many wanted instead - Austin Martin - hasn't translated his power to wood bats and is middling along at AA.

The HS player's KC was most connected to were Zac Veen and Pete Crow-Armstrong. Both have been excellent.

And the best HS player from that class was nabbed by the Cardinals at 21 - Jordan Walker. KC wasn't connected to him at all and I doubt he was on their board (as he's a hulking, not-overly athletic corner guy, which they tend to not draft high).
If we do clean house this offseason, who is on your wishlist? Would the O's be a good organization to raid? Don't you like a pitching coach that works for a team out west?
[Reply]
myselff77 08:10 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
If we do clean house this offseason, who is on your wishlist? Would the O's be a good organization to raid? Don't you like a pitching coach that works for a team out west?
It seems like the Brewers are over achieving in their pitching development or at least Light years ahead of the Royals. I’d look to poach someone in their organization.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:12 PM 07-20-2022
If we do clean house this offseason, who is on your wishlist?
Jeff Luhnow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:24 PM 07-20-2022
Carlos Santana shows up on a list!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:30 PM 07-20-2022
This draft lottery thing could work out for the Royals in 2023.

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:44 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Boring isn't bad sometimes.
Boring is how you get Christian Colon.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:14 AM 07-21-2022

Scene:

Dayton Moore and John Sherman enter the stage. Moore takes the mike.

“You know, it’s been a tough year. We thought we were ready to win, and we… were not. But you know what, this isn’t just about wins and losses. It’s about raising men and fathers. And we succeeded at that. So in a way, it’s like we won the World Series. Isn’t that right, Mike?”

Moore looks around for Mike Matheny.

“Mike? Are you there? JJ?”

Moore continues looking for them, glances at Sherman, they shrug.

Sherman takes the mic. “Hey, let’s check the cameras backstage. Maybe they’re still in study group.”

The screen above them pans through some backstage shots. First the area right around the entrance tunnel. Empty. The hallway. Empty, finally the green room. Matheny and Picollo are sprawled on the ground, not moving, debris and bibles and milk and cookies spilled everywhere.

“What the,” Moore sputters. “Let’s get somebody back there and help them …”

Moore is interrupted by a loud crash over the loudspeakers. Suddenly, the opening bars of The Bad Guy begin blasting.

Mitch Holthus stands up from the announcing book. “That’s not Matheny’s music. Who is it? Oh my god. Oh my god! Oh maiiihhh gawwwwwhhhhhdddd!”

Moore looks around frantically, fear on his face. His eyes meet Sherman’s and they go back-to-back.

“Now hold on folks. Everything’s going to be fi—“

Moore breaks off as a hooded figure appears next to the stage, folding metal chair in hand. He hops onto stage and stars intently at Moore, his face hidden by the hood.

“You? No, it can’t be! John, what’s HE doing here. We renounce you, agent of the Enemy! Be gone, in the name of …”

As Moore talks, Sherman turns and backs away from him. The hooded figure steps forward, raising the chair in a menacing fashion.

Moore has a moment to let out a terrified scream as the hooded man rushes forward and smacks him in the face, knocking him to the ground. The hooded figure looks at Sherman.

Slowly, Sherman’s face breaks into a wide grin that grows maniacal as he begins nodding furiously.

“Yes. Do it. The fans hate has made you strong. It gives you … focus.”

The hooded figure smashes the prone figure in the face with the chair. Then the ribs. Then one more shot to the face.

The music reaches a crescendo. The hooded man drops the chair and dramatically reaches up to the hood. With a flourish, he throws it back, revealing the stone-cold serious face of Jeff Luhnow.

Holthus loses his mind. “Oh my god, it’s the mad scientist, the man without remorse. The Bad Guy!”
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:16 AM 07-21-2022
Scene:

“You know, it’s been a tough year. We thought we were ready to win, and we… were not. But you know what, this isn’t just about wins and losses. It’s about raising men and fathers. And we succeeded at that. So in a way, it’s like we won the World Series. Isn’t that right, Mike?”

Sherman takes the mic. “Hey, let’s check the cameras backstage. Maybe they’re still in study group.”

The screen above them pans through some backstage shots. First the area right around the entrance tunnel. Empty. The hallway. Empty, finally the green room. Matheny and Picollo are sprawled on the ground, not moving, debris and bibles and milk and cookies spilled everywhere.

Moore is interrupted by a loud crash over the loudspeakers. Suddenly, the opening bars of The Bad Guy begin blasting.

Mitch Holthus stands up from the announcing book. “That’s not Matheny’s music. Who is it? Oh my god. Oh my god! Oh maiiihhh gawwwwwhhhhhdddd!”

Moore looks around frantically, fear on his face. His eyes meet Sherman’s and they go back-to-back.

Moore breaks off as a hooded figure appears next to the stage, folding metal chair in hand. He hops onto stage and stars intently at Moore, his face hidden by the hood.

“You? No, it can’t be! John, what’s HE doing here. We renounce you, agent of the Enemy! Be gone, in the name of …”

As Moore talks, Sherman turns and backs away from him. The hooded figure steps forward, raising the chair in a menacing fashion.

Moore has a moment to let out a terrified scream as the hooded man rushes forward and smacks him in the face, knocking him to the ground. The hooded figure looks at Sherman.

Slowly, Sherman’s face breaks into a wide grin that grows maniacal as he begins nodding furiously.

The hooded figure smashes the prone figure in the face with the chair. Then the ribs. Then one more shot to the face.

The music reaches a crescendo. The hooded man drops the chair and dramatically reaches up to the hood. With a flourish, he throws it back, revealing the stone-cold serious face of Jeff Luhnow.

Holthus loses his mind. “Oh my god, it’s the mad scientist, the man without remorse. The Bad Guy!”
Long have I waited, and now your coming together is your undoing.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 07-21-2022

Walker's not going to be mistaken for a SS anytime soon, but he has 15 steals this year to 4 CS. And he's been much better than expected at 3b. He's a deceptively solid athlete. Long-term he's likely a 1b, but I'm talking in his late 20s/early 30s long-term. That's nearly a decade from now.

I'd have put him in RF by now, personally. But I think the Cards are hedging their bets a bit with Arenado's final opt-out provision this off-season.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:51 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Boring is how you get Christian Colon.
Chiefs went boring last year in the draft and knocked it out of the park.

Going need first plus safe is what you get with Colon.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 12:27 PM 07-21-2022
Scene:

What a thing of beauty.

Is there a world where Jeff Luhnow works for an MLB team again or is he blackballed?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:11 PM 07-21-2022
https://downonthefarm.substack.com/
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 252 of 469
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302352 > Last »
Up