ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 252 of 313
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:27 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think some of you are going to be mighty disappointed on the day of cuts when Daurice Fountain isn't on the 53 man roster for Week 1.

I know I've talked about him getting cut a bunch. I legit don't hate the guy. I wish him well. I wish he'd make the team and be ****ing butt ass awesome out of nowhere so we'd have a legit #2 WR to pair opposite Tyreek.

All I'm doing is putting my chips on the table saying he's going to get cut. It's a prediction, not a wish. Why is that my prediction? History. History says Fountain is getting the ax. Maybe he'll survive waivers, wind up on our practice squad, and get called up during the season. But for Week 1? I think he's a cut.
BWAHAHAHA is this dude still in denial?? :-) Daurice has been the best WR over the last two games, has balled out all camp, has NFL experience to go with his great athletic ability, height, speed, strength, good hands, ball tracking, route tree etc..and plenty of Chiefs media folks are comparing him to Dwayne Bowe. But oh no, "realsnr" from chiefsplanet thinks Veach and Andy will digress all of those things and pick Marcus Kemp, Cornell Powell etc over a guy who's ceiling is way higher than all but Tyreek In the WR room? I can only pray they aren't as clueless as you appear to be then :-)
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:05 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
BWAHAHAHA is this dude still in denial?? :-) Daurice has been the best WR over the last two games, has balled out all camp, has NFL experience to go with his great athletic ability, height, speed, strength, good hands, ball tracking, route tree etc..and plenty of Chiefs media folks are comparing him to Dwayne Bowe. But oh no, "realsnr" from chiefsplanet thinks Veach and Andy will digress all of those things and pick Marcus Kemp, Cornell Powell etc over a guy who's ceiling is way higher than all but Tyreek In the WR room? I can only pray they aren't as clueless as you appear to be then :-)
Agree...Kemp out...Fountain and Powell in. With only Tyreek a reliable receiver you can't keep a good Special Teams player over a receiver who can CATCH!
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:19 AM 08-22-2021
The Scanlon effect is coming to a post training camp near you.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:23 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The Scanlon effect is coming to a post training camp near you.
I was thinking Bobbie Sippio.

https://youtu.be/O49s04l3pes
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:26 AM 08-22-2021
Sippio Syndrome, likey.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:44 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Remember Fred Williams? The guy who caught everything in preseason against 3rd stringers?

Remember Marcus Kemp's rookie year? The guy who caught everything against 3rd stringers?

Remember white guy from like 2 years ago who we cut and he signed with Seattle and I can't remember his name? Well, he caught everything against 3rd stringers.

Daurice Fountain has been catching everything against 3rd stringers and the Chiefs made zero investments into him. They also clearly value their draft pick investment (Cornell Powell) and Marcus Kemp's TEAM experience (you know, which is actual fucking experience, not just 2 fucking regular season catches ever). So yeah, I think both Kemp and Powell will make the roster, and Fountain will likely be practice squaded.

I could be wrong, but if I'm going to go with history, it's not on the side of Fountain.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:45 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Agree...Kemp out...Fountain and Powell in. With only Tyreek a reliable receiver you can't keep a good Special Teams player over a receiver who can CATCH!
Actually, you can. And the Chiefs do it all the fucking time.
[Reply]
Tribesman 08:49 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Sippio Syndrome, likey.
Or Jesse "James" Haynes
[Reply]
New World Order 08:52 AM 08-22-2021
Think they’re prob going to have to decide between Fountain and Powell
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:59 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Think they’re prob going to have to decide between Fountain and Powell
Maybe?

They’re locked in at the top 4: Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson

I still think politics wins out and they keep Powell.

In that case, the question would be can anybody unseat Kemp and his special teams play?

Closest is Fountain and Dieter to that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:01 AM 08-22-2021
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to break out the Terrance Copper avatar again. Maybe change it to Marcus Kemp just to make it relevant to the modern day Chiefs.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:04 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Actually, you can. And the Chiefs do it all the ****ing time.
100% this.

Not saying Fountain has no chance, but I won't be the least bit surprised if they keep Kemp again and try to stash Daurice on the PS. Unless they see him having an actual role on offense (which I really doubt) they'll keep the guy who knows the system inside and out and is a special teams ace. Toub has a bigger voice than most ST coordinators.

It's just how they do things with the bottom of the roster. They'll go with familiarity and special teams ability over raw talent, and you can't really complain with the success they've had. I can't really think of anyone they've lost because of it who has gone on to do anything significant with any other team.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:18 AM 08-22-2021
Fountain seems to be one of those guys that just needs a chance to be a star. I'd keep him and boot Robinson 8 days a week.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:24 AM 08-22-2021
Fountain on cut day

[Reply]
RealSNR 09:29 AM 08-22-2021
Also, we're starting to get back into dumbass mode with our perceptions of WR talent and catching.

"THIS GUY CAN CATCH!"

"PUT IN X GUY AND CUT Y GUY. AT LEAST X GUY CAN CATCH!"

"JUST CATCH THE BALL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD"

All of the guys who have demonstrated that they "at least catch the ball!!!!" have yet to demonstrate this in a bigger game against better players with higher stakes and as a part of a more complicated route design in the regular season playbook.

Let me go back to that white guy whose name I forget from a couple years ago. He got open against 3rd stringers and "he can catch!" You think he's getting open against real competition? Against a starting corner or nickel back? You're confident he's just going to catch the ball no matter what in those situations just as he did against a bunch of Vince Agnews?

In the NFL, the WR position is so much more than just catching the ball in order to be good. People know this, but for some reason will inflate that skill in their minds when it comes time to evaluating talent and won't factor in the other skills required of the position in order to keep "just catching the ball."

Fans can only look at preseason games. Coaches see the entire picture in a player, which is why they're usually right and we're wrong. So next time you're comparing WR talent on our team and you say something like, "I prefer undrafted fuckface guy to last year's 4th string WR because at least this guy catches the ball!" hopefully you'll take a step back and know better.
[Reply]
Page 252 of 313
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302 > Last »
Up