ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 252 of 324
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Eleazar 07:37 PM 07-16-2023
I'd have liked to see him here, not so much because I think he's got multiple great seasons left in him but more because I'm apprehensive about Toney being our #1.

But with the Jones extension up in the air - and we're right to prioritize Jones over Hopkins, obviously - I'm glad we didn't overpay.

The fact that he chose the Titans - a likely 3rd or 4th place team with a poor QB situation - leaves you wondering what his level of commitment to football will be anyway.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:39 PM 07-16-2023
It would have been fun BUT....we'll....be...fine....unlike his Titans
[Reply]
Stryker 07:48 PM 07-16-2023
I am very cool with this. I hope now the focus is on a new Chris Jones contract and a Sneed extension - this would be a win, win for us! Heck, we have plenty of WR's with YOUTH on our roster already. We good!
[Reply]
Bump 07:53 PM 07-16-2023
Chris Jones needs a new contract. And we have a lot of really good players still on their rookie deal, obviously can't keep them all but I bet we'll keep some of them. Signing DHOP might have prevented that and our WR room is looking pretty full as it is. No current superstars but it looks like a lot of quality and potential. Getting a big name is fun and all but not if it hinders the Chiefs future
[Reply]
TEX 07:53 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I was super premature in criticizing Pacheco and I just can't say I'm sorry enough for that. I was worried about his running style and then the early fumble - just didn't give me the warm n fuzzies. I was happy he proved me wrong and that was a dipshit take. I won't be making the same error with RJ or Skyy.
I think a lot of people had your take on Pacheco... But, I think Richie James is going to outshine Skyy. That's how high I an on this guy. He is an ascending player and all he did was catch everything thrown his way with a crap quarterback last year. Can't wait to see what he can do with Mahomes!
[Reply]
cdcox 07:55 PM 07-16-2023
My favorite team is the Kansas City Chiefs and their QB is Patrick F'n Mahomes and their coach is Andy "thumbs up" Reid. WBF.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:00 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
Chris Jones needs a new contract. And we have a lot of really good players still on their rookie deal, obviously can't keep them all but I bet we'll keep some of them. Signing DHOP might have prevented that and our WR room is looking pretty full as it is. No current superstars but it looks like a lot of quality and potential. Getting a big name is fun and all but not if it hinders the Chiefs future
I'm expecting Toney to be a household name in fantasy circles.

Is he going to put up another top five performance or is he spending another week on the inactive? Click on our podcast for all the latest...
[Reply]
Bump 08:07 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Is he going to put up another top five performance or is he spending another week on the inactive? Click on our podcast for all the latest...
I am too but he's got to do it first. I can easily see him breaking 1K yards, the dude is a freak.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:11 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Kelce is the 1.

MVS is the 3.

Between Toney, Skyy, and Rashee they need someone to be the #2 target.

If all of them fail (throwing numbers at it) Veach will make a trade before the deadline to get another veteran WR.
Mahomes will get his 4500+ easily. Kelce grabs 1200, that leaves 3300 to split between Toney, MVS, Skyy, Rice, James, the Just*n's and the running backs. I don't know how it will come together, but I know it will come together. Heck, even if only Kelce is the only guy to catch over 500, it could still work. Unlikely, but it just illustrates how much confidence I have that Reid and Mahomes will work it out. 2022 showed that where a different guy would emerge every week, then fade back into the woodwork.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:21 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by cdcox:
My favorite team is the Kansas City Chiefs and their QB is Patrick F'n Mahomes and their coach is Andy "thumbs up" Reid. WBF.
WBF
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:24 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I'm just kind of dumbfounded that he's going to the Titans. I see it this way...

I'm an aging veteran star. I have maybe 4 years left in the league. There is not a lot of offers on the table, when just a handful of years ago, I'd fetch a king's ransom in trade/contract.

What do I do? I sign a one-year deal with a contender where I can go to a conference championship or even super bowl and reestablish myself as a premier player. Then, fresh off my first postseason run with a ring on my finger, I go back out and see who else wants to pay handsomely for my elite skillset.

Unless...

I secretly know that the wheels have come off. I know that I'm going to go out and, with the cameras on me, everyone is going to see that I'm actually cooked. I don't want to be a premier player on a contender, because I know that I don't have it anymore. And pretty soon, everyone else is going to know it. There won't be another contract after this, so I better get everything that I can get now.

This move to me signals that Hopkins knows he's done. It doesn't make any sense to me in any other way. It's a last grab at the bag before the word is out.

If he's benched/IR by week 7... are you shocked?
I've been saying this since people started saying that we needed to trade for him. He's cooked. He's now going down almost the same exact path as Julio Jones. He just wasn't traded to the Titans. He's not gonna get benched because of the contract, but I guarantee he misses at minimum 5 games and looks like garbage when he is out there.
[Reply]
In58men 08:31 PM 07-16-2023
Why the fuck am I following Tre Boston on Twitter?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:34 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with his injury concerns, but if he can somehow stay healthy he's going to be a top 10 WR in the league. I just don't see it happening. The Chiefs training staff couldn't help Hammy Watkins stay on the field and Watkins had multiple healthy seasons. Toney just has something with his body that keeps getting him hurt. Fuck he had like 3 or 4 different injuries last year alone. I'm not sure how the Chiefs training staff is going to prevent those things from happening.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:39 PM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Let’s not forget, we already D-Hop and he’s much cheaper. I believe!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This has been my thought on Rice from the time they drafted him. He is the kind of receiver that I wanted to see in KC, which is why I was in favor of getting Hopkins. After we drafted him, my interest in Hopkins lessened, but I still wanted him because I thought that he could expedite the maturity of Rice and fill the role better this year and Rice develops. But, Hopkins would rather chase the paycheck than the ring. Whatever, we'll be fine without him and Hopkins will be sitting on the couch in the playoffs counting his dollars while the Chiefs are counting more playoff wins
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:39 PM 07-16-2023
I was told on here that my concern for his PED pop was unfounded.
[Reply]
Page 252 of 324
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302 > Last »
Up