ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 252 of 258
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:52 AM 04-13-2023
Disrespect? McKinnon made 22 mil in 9 years and he's an effing nobody that nobody wanted and we got him a ring. Yeah, that awful.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Disrespect? McKinnon made 22 mil in 9 years and he's an effing nobody that nobody wanted and we got him a ring. Yeah, that awful.

Before we all get our panties in a twist, he didn't specifically call out KC with that post. He might be commenting on another team's offer or whatever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:11 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Before we all get our panties in a twist, he didn't specifically call out KC with that post. He might be commenting on another team's offer or whatever.
Most likely he's commenting on not receiving any offers at all, including from the Chiefs.

Guys with his resume don't get signed in April, they get signed in June. It is what it is. He's just going to have to live with it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Most likely he's commenting on not receiving any offers at all, including from the Chiefs.

Guys with his resume don't get signed in April, they get signed in June. It is what it is. He's just going to have to live with it.
Yeah, that's probably the situation.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:14 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The success of this organization is really inflating guys egos. You have dudes like OBJ and McKinnon out there thinking they had a lot more to do with winning the Super Bowl than they actually did.

It's Reid's system, Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce. The rest is interchangeable. You'd think they would have realized that when we gladly traded Tyreek freaking Hill and promptly came out and won the SB without a hitch.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:18 PM 04-13-2023
Jerick McKinnon would be nice to re-sign for Kansas City.

He does whatever is needed and the Chiefs could use him.

McKinnon got a nice contract in 2018 for 3 year, $30M.

He would probably like a deal like Samaje Perine got at $7.5M for two years.

But KC is pretty limited right now on the cap space that they have left.

I think some team will sign him but unfortunately for Jerick, it might be another minimum type contract.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:24 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The success of this organization is really inflating guys egos. You have dudes like OBJ and McKinnon out there thinking they had a lot more to do with winning the Super Bowl than they actually did.

It's Reid's system, Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce. The rest is interchangeable. You'd think they would have realized that when we gladly traded Tyreek freaking Hill and promptly came out and won the SB without a hitch.
Jerrick McKinnon accounted for 972 combined yards (512yds rec in 2022) and 11 TDs, as well as being the best pass-pro RB on the team in his two seasons as a Chief.

That's not insignificant. In fact, considering how he stepped up his production when JuJu kind of disappeared in the second half of the season, an argument could be made that he was indispensable.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:26 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think this was the area EB didn’t get enough credit for the production of the RBs.
I've wondered about that. I think EB was a pretty good RB coach before being an OC. I thought CEH would get better though and that has not been the case.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:33 PM 04-13-2023
Jerrick McKinnon accounted for 972 combined yards (512yds rec in 2022) and 11 TDs, as well as being the best pass-pro RB on the team in his two seasons as a Chief.

That's not insignificant. In fact, considering how he stepped up his production when JuJu kind of disappeared in the second half of the season, an argument could be made that he was indispensable.
I agree with you.

Jerick McKinnon was important for the Chiefs. It will be interesting to see where he signs. I'd like it to be with KC, but I'm also not willing to pay him very much.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:35 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I've wondered about that. I think EB was a pretty good RB coach before being an OC. I thought CEH would get better though and that has not been the case.
He was also a really good OC. Never understood the hate he got from KC Fan.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:40 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I agree with you.

Jerick McKinnon was important for the Chiefs. It will be interesting to see where he signs. I'd like it to be with KC, but I'm also not willing to pay him very much.
I don't need him to sign with KC, though I'd be happy about it. Just take issue with the idea that he's just some JAG that's easily replaceable. When the offense went into hurry-up/2-minute mode, it was Jerrick that spent the most time on the field, and the one that consistently made big critical plays for KC. Credit where credit is due. He was a very valuable part of the offense in 2022 as a runner, receiver and as a pass-protector, and he was clutch as anyone on the team in the second half of the season, and in the playoffs. He at least deserves the respect of Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He was also a really good OC. Never understood the hate he got from KC Fan.
I'm not sure many people "hate" Eric Bienemy. In my own personal opinion, I "hate" that we held on to him 2 years too long, apparently because he couldn't get a job on his own and needed significant help to finally just get hired for a lateral move. It stymied the development of the rest of the coaching staff. I don't feel this way but there's a lot of people that aren't happy about Nagy coming back after the way things went in Chicago. One of the reasons we're in that position in the first place is because Bienemy should have gotten a job two years ago, while Nagy was still in Chicago, and we would have had to promote someone else instead of Nagy.

It's just an unfortunate coalescence of timing. Eric Bienemy was a fine RB coach and coordinator. But Andy is the system and Pat is the engine that makes it go. The best part of that is the ability to shuffle pieces under them and develop a talent pipeline so that we're never short of coaches. We lost some decent coaching prospects during the time that Bienemy should have been moving on. Not really hate, just disappointment at the circumstance.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:37 PM 04-13-2023

Right, he fit his role nicely. Again though, it's the role that is the difference. You think McKinnon puts up those kind of numbers playing on any other team? Just like Damien Williams, Darrel Williams, Spencer Ware and so on. These guys all thrived under Reid, as did every RB he had in Philly.

I'm not saying I don't like McKinnon, I absolutely do and hope they resign him, because then that specific role is filled. Otherwise, you replace him with someone who may not thrive as much. I'm just saying if he thought there would be league wide interest, he was kidding himself. The league knows that anyone playing in KC's offense is going to look better than they actually are. It's been proven time and again.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:04 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's an RB on the wrong side of 30 with a serious injury history...those guys get signed in June for peanuts.
Sad but true. The era of the RB having a long career, huge contracts, and being the most important non QB skill position are over. Not really sure why kids nowadays want to be a RB. I guess it's a path to the NFL for some who aren't good enough at other positions.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:19 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Right, he fit his role nicely. Again though, it's the role that is the difference. You think McKinnon puts up those kind of numbers playing on any other team? Just like Damien Williams, Darrel Williams, Spencer Ware and so on. These guys all thrived under Reid, as did every RB he had in Philly.

I'm not saying I don't like McKinnon, I absolutely do and hope they resign him, because then that specific role is filled. Otherwise, you replace him with someone who may not thrive as much. I'm just saying if he thought there would be league wide interest, he was kidding himself. The league knows that anyone playing in KC's offense is going to look better than they actually are. It's been proven time and again.
CEH couldn't. Darrel Williams couldn't. McKinnon was no scrub before he got here. He was just injury plagued. He was voted as an offensive captain as well. While the system helps, McKinnon's skill also played a huge role in his success here.
[Reply]
Page 252 of 258
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256 > Last »
Up