ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 251 of 258
« First < 151201241247248249250251 252253254255 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:59 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That depends, some of the name guys are never asked to do it...

Or you have a guy like Kenny McIntosh who has been a backup/3rd down back for 4 years at Georgia..he's good in pass pro runs routes well can even do things from the slot..

He's a 3rd day pick that'd probably fit in well here.
There's usually one or two that can pass-pro block, but the vast majority can't. And I doubt KC drafts for that skill. Certainly it hasn't been a big priority in the past, as far as i know.

A couple seasons ago w re-signed a largely washed S. Ware just to have a guy in the building that could pass-pro block.

But maybe we'll get lucky.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:07 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
There's usually one or two that can pass-pro block, but the vast majority can't. And I doubt KC drafts for that skill. Certainly it hasn't been a big priority in the past, as far as i know.

A couple seasons ago w re-signed a largely washed S. Ware just to have a guy in the building that could pass-pro block.

But maybe we'll get lucky.
They're going to draft a RB, I'd basically guarantee it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:11 PM 04-07-2023
Oh, I'm sure we will. Just don't necessarily believe that Veach will target RBs that are great at pass-pro is all. Maybe, if we're not going to bring McKinnon back, but i figure it'll be another BPA sort of thing is all.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:14 PM 04-07-2023
For sure. The class is deep, and they have plenty of day 3 picks. I'd say it's a guarantee.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 04:01 AM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Contract negotiations related?

I assume he hasn't been getting the offers he expected. Still hoping Chiefs resign him.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:32 AM 04-08-2023
McKinnon fits what we do but he'd do very little for any other team. Like Mecole, these guys don't know their market very well.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:01 AM 04-08-2023
McKinnon is old. He should be happy he still played at all. He played great. Move on.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:15 AM 04-13-2023
I'd say keep an eye on Dontrell Hilliard who played for the Titans last year. He's a good receiving back with 4.42 speed and is solid when asked to be a return man. Might be a guy that could replace McKinnon.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:15 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Contract negotiations related?

I agree. Sucks to see him pissed about his contract negotiations after being a huge contributor and break out star last season for our Chiefs. I hope he gets taken care of somewhere.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:26 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I agree. Sucks to see him pissed about his contract negotiations after being a huge contributor and break out star last season for our Chiefs. I hope he gets taken care of somewhere.
He's an RB on the wrong side of 30 with a serious injury history...those guys get signed in June for peanuts.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:55 AM 04-13-2023
The NFL needs to compensate RBs as some kind of bonus per carry/touch or even yardage marks. Too many RBs are the primary lifeforce for their offense (even in today's NFL) only to get tossed aside as soon as their rookie deal expires, and that's if they even make it that long before washing out.

If you jack up a whole bunch of yards/catches/carries, you should be paid for that wear and tear, not punished for it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:07 AM 04-13-2023
McKinnon played great but he's old and an RB. He's not getting paid big money anywhere. He should be thankful. He had a shit career and we gave him a ring when nobody wanted him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:23 AM 04-13-2023
He's an RB on the wrong side of 30 with a serious injury history...those guys get signed in June for peanuts.
This is the same guy who openly admitted he thought his career was over before Veach called him a few years ago. Reid's system makes RBs look good, it's really that simple. From Spencer Ware to Charc West to Damien Williams to Darrel Williams. A lot of subpar talents who looked like gangbusters because of Reid.

I'm not sure why McKinnon feels disrespected. He should be happy the Chiefs gave him 2 more years to play and a Super Bowl win. I'd like to have him back but his value is a one year minimum deal. He will have to accept that or retire.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:27 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The NFL needs to compensate RBs as some kind of bonus per carry/touch or even yardage marks. Too many RBs are the primary lifeforce for their offense (even in today's NFL) only to get tossed aside as soon as their rookie deal expires, and that's if they even make it that long before washing out.

If you jack up a whole bunch of yards/catches/carries, you should be paid for that wear and tear, not punished for it.
Barkley is a perfect example. He carried that team and yet their shitbag QB gets paid like an All Pro while he gets the short end of the stick. It really is bull crap. What you're going to start see happening is the elite talents will refuse to play RB and push to be WRs. Then you'll have a drought of no decent backs coming into the league, or at least very few.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:44 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This is the same guy who openly admitted he thought his career was over before Veach called him a few years ago. Reid's system makes RBs look good, it's really that simple. From Spencer Ware to Charc West to Damien Williams to Darrel Williams. A lot of subpar talents who looked like gangbusters because of Reid.

I'm not sure why McKinnon feels disrespected. He should be happy the Chiefs gave him 2 more years to play and a Super Bowl win. I'd like to have him back but his value is a one year minimum deal. He will have to accept that or retire.
I think this was the area EB didn’t get enough credit for the production of the RBs.

As far as the narrative for RBs, very few of them aren’t replaceable. There are just so many and their value to a team plummets once they suffer lower body injuries. Not sure how the league would help that position group any more than it helps off ball linebackers when the league is more and more a passing league.
[Reply]
Page 251 of 258
« First < 151201241247248249250251 252253254255 > Last »
Up