ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 52
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs
RunKC 08:36 PM 03-14-2024

A new weapon for Patrick Mahomes: Former Ravens and Cardinals WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per sources.

During is final season in Baltimore in 2021, Brown had 91 catches for 1,008 yards and six touchdowns. During… pic.twitter.com/oGD82iazKb

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
Graystoke 07:18 AM 03-15-2024
Dang good signing with value.
Boner engaged!
[Reply]
TLO 07:26 AM 03-15-2024
That's a lot less money than I expected.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:29 AM 03-15-2024
Wow, this is literally amazing. I thought a WR signing would cement the trade of Sneed, but now this opens the door to pay him I think AND creates draft flexibility.

You can go into 2024 with Brown/Rice/a round 1-3 receiver/Watson/Moore/whoever and then make a decision in 2025 about a veteran depending on how the rookie develops, how Brown does, if Rice develops any further, if Kelce retires etc.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:41 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
https://www.on3.com/pro/news/keon-co...test-of-group/

Pacua Nacua was last years best in the gauntlet....
Yep, That's why I like McConkey. Was right there in the Gauntlet, but ran a 4.39 40 and is a precise route runner. His combine stats comp to Garrett Wilson.

.@GeorgiaFootball WR Ladd McConkey looking so smooth in the gauntlet.

��: #NFLCombine on @nflnetwork
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/1ehj5MwTxI

— NFL (@NFL) March 2, 2024

[Reply]
Buehler445 07:43 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think my preference is to find someone like McMillan or Walker who can provide some speed AND size. And let that person develop into a long-term Z alongside Rice at the X.

And what Brown does is give us a full season to let that guy get up to speed.

But what I like is that we don't HAVE to go that route. We can do whatever we want. If the board falls poorly for us at WR, we can grab someone else and backfill.

The only real problem scenario is if we take a WR on day 1 or 2 and both Brown AND the new WR fail to click.

In which case we're right back here again. Only in that case, I think deeper questions would need to be asked as to what we're doing at the position and why it's not working.
This is the way.

I think there is a non-zero chance we offer him a deal after the season if he's a good fit, but he's going after a bag.

If he can manage to stick a few years, I'm fine with that too. Plenty of room for a rookie also.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:47 AM 03-15-2024

Hollywood Brown just ended his Twitch stream by playing Blank Space. pic.twitter.com/VkTnSnbwWZ

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:49 AM 03-15-2024
Maybe I’m too much of an optimist. But I think our rebuild will feel as “difficult” and quick as the one that got us a Super Bowl two years ago. Teams like the chargers and bills are in cap hell because they spent years and years and years racking up debt because they were desperate to put the team over the top.

No matter what when kelce and jones decline or go away we’ll need a bit of a reset. That is when good teams take 1-2 years to stockpile picks and reload for the next one. That was really the biggest key to new englands success. Frequent resets. Even signing Snead we are being aggressive yet smart.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:51 AM 03-15-2024
I really like this signing. This is why we love Veach.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:55 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe I’m too much of an optimist. But I think our rebuild will feel as “difficult” and quick as the one that got us a Super Bowl two years ago. Teams like the chargers and bills are in cap hell because they spent years and years and years racking up debt because they were desperate to put the team over the top.

No matter what when kelce and jones decline or go away we’ll need a bit of a reset. That is when good teams take 1-2 years to stockpile picks and reload for the next one. That was really the biggest key to new englands success. Frequent resets. Even signing Snead we are being aggressive yet smart.
How do people still not know how to spell his name after 4 years?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:57 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I know Lezn... Right!
[Reply]
Lzen 07:58 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I know Lezn... Right!
Pedro Pascal Academy Awards GIFfrom Pedro Pascal GIFs

[Reply]
Pinchshot 07:59 AM 03-15-2024
Hollywooooo!!
[Reply]
Coogs 08:05 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Still need like 10m for draft class and few vets /depth LT. Etc.. so going to have to restructure /extend someone , Sneed would do nicely
I'm still surprised we didn't hit the bank of Mahomes for the max amount. I realize you have to look to the future dollars pushed down the road, but if Sneed does stay on the tag, it makes things a bit tight this year. There are other moves that can be made, but I am still surprised.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:08 AM 03-15-2024
Amazing deal. 3peat incoming!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:23 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I still get it wrong about 20% of the time.

I type faster than my brain functions, I suppose.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 52
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up