ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 79
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Bengals
TLO 06:31 PM 11-27-2022
A sneaky big game in the AFC, and probably our toughest game left before playoff time.

Talk about it here
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:08 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Their defense statistically is middle of the pack against the run and pass, but that’s despite playing against an absolute garbage group of QBs. Their pass rush is one of the worst in football by almost all statistics, also despite playing against horrible QBs.

We’ve seen Mahomes light up top tier defenses. No defense really scares me with 15 and a healthy supporting cast.

The Bengals defense is absolutely not a top tier defense by practically any metric. If anything their defense is worse than the stats would indicate, because they’ve had it so easy all year.
Yeah, looking at their defensive team stats, they actually rank higher/better than KC in nearly every metric, but not by much and they played basically zero top-tier offenses. The few that they did play, were at the beginning of the season when those offenses weren't on track yet.

And their pass rush is basically non-existent, with just 17 sacks on the year, so you can figure that they don't generate a lot of QB hits either.

Honestly, if Toney were playing, and went the whole game, I'd guess KC wins by double digits. If CIN can't contain Skyy, then maybe around a TD.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:14 PM 11-29-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:15 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, looking at their defensive team stats, they actually rank higher/better than KC in nearly every metric, but not by much and they played basically zero top-tier offenses. The few that they did play, were at the beginning of the season when those offenses weren't on track yet.
they had awuzie then, too

the bengals have no idea what is coming for them

they have no top end talent on defense we have to worry about like SF or TB do

we're going to ROAST THEM
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:18 PM 11-29-2022
I don't know which is their new rookie CB, but thanks.
Cam Taylor-Britt

127 QB rating when targeted

even BENGALS fans think he can't cover, but they were cooing about him forcing a fumble and hitting someone :-)

so, a burnt toast rookie on one side, and eli fucking apple on the other

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:19 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
they had awuzie then, too

the bengals have no idea what is coming for them

they have no top end talent on defense we have to worry about like SF or TB do

we're going to ROAST THEM
This is my hope. I kind of need the Chiefs to carpet bomb CIN to slake my thirst for revenge after the fiasco last year. They need to erase the Bengals for me to feel the minimum required level of satisfaction.

And of course, my feelings are paramount to Andy/Mahomes/Kelce and the Chiefs on Sunday. They better do what I want, or I'll be very hissy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:24 PM 11-29-2022
after andy and patrick lost twice to NE in 2018, they were on an absolute mission the following season to go into foxboro and knock them off

they came out and clowned brady en route to a 20-7 lead, patrick had one of the best halves he's ever had, and then he hurt his hand and they had to manage that to a 23-16 win

this Bengals team is not on the 2019 Pats level, but we have the same level of motivation going into this game

no way we lose

andy and patrick don't get got three times in a row
[Reply]
alanm 06:31 PM 11-29-2022
Agreed.

From top to bottom our D is better. They may not have the aggregate experience, but they're faster, younger, more athletic (particularly at LB and CB) and i believe they're smarter overall. They're still going to make some mistakes, because of their relative youth/inexperience, but they'll make up for it through their other attributes.

Bottom line, I don't think CIN can attack our defense the way they did the last two times with the same kinds of success. I think they'll be in for a disappointing shock if they try to play KC the way they did last time.

I should say here though, that their fanbase isn't coaching the Bengals or in any way are they responsible for how CIN gameplans against KC. So I doubt that Zac Taylor and co. are reading the Bengals message forum for ideas on how to play the Chiefs.
ANY Coach for ANY team looking at message boards for ideas should be fired for just cause. :-)
[Reply]
tmax63 06:34 PM 11-29-2022
Any coach yes, but a 25 yr old intern trying to earn favor would be looking for ideas any and everywhere. Sort one reasonable idea out of the thousands and they might get noticed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:38 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by alanm:
ANY Coach for ANY team looking at message boards for ideas should be fired for just cause. :-)
Well, I tried to make it sound as tongue-in-cheek as possible . . . try re-reading as if Hans Gruber was saying it.:-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:44 PM 11-29-2022
John Hussey is the referee for the game….. Mahomes era Chiefs are 6-1 with him as ref. He was the ref of the 13 seconds game, as well as the Colts playoff game in 2019. BUT…. He was also the ref for the regular season game against Cincy last year. Our lone loss under him during the Mahomes era.

Edit: their crew has thrown only one OPI flag all year. The Gals WRs will be pushing off like crazy, let’s hope our guys do the same!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:45 PM 11-29-2022
hussey was replaced

Referee for #Chiefs-Bengals this Sunday is John Hussey.

You may recall Hussey’s crew was supposed to call the KC/Cincy regular season game in January before Ron Torbert and members of crew were late replacements.

— Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) November 29, 2022

[Reply]
tmax63 06:47 PM 11-29-2022
Better than some other choices.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:48 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hussey was replaced

Weird it still shows up on his page as a game he reffed
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:50 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Weird it still shows up on his page as a game he reffed
he was replaced by ron torbert

can never forget this face

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:53 PM 11-29-2022
Doesn't matter. That guy wasn't the reason KC lost last time. The offense went tits up at the half. that isn't going to happen again.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 79
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Up