ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 38
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Interesting thought. The WCO is predicated more on stretching the field horizontal rather than vertically. Maybe that's why he's so obsessed with the OZ running and all that.
Exactly.

It's all about using the sidelines to create space from about 8-20 yards and quick timing routes shorter than that.

But g'damn Andy - this ain't Joe Montana's bad-back and failing arm here fella. It ain't Jeff Garcia.

You have a thoroughbred my man. I feel like there's more we can do with him here.
[Reply]
O.city 03:36 PM 09-26-2022
He has had deep stuff every game there. Pat has missed it.
[Reply]
O.city 03:41 PM 09-26-2022

a Rodney Thomas fingertip (and Trey Smith holding penalty) away from a facemelting Mahomes throw pic.twitter.com/gzpqophl1m

— Nate Tice (@Nate_Tice) September 26, 2022

Prime example here.

First off people will be pissed at the OL in this situation I'm sure. That's a well blocked play IMO.

Look at where the throw is.

Throw it out in front and bullshit holding penalty non withstanding, it's a walk in touch down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:43 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Prime example here.

First off people will be pissed at the OL in this situation I'm sure. That's a well blocked play IMO.

Look at where the throw is.

Throw it out in front and bullshit holding penalty non withstanding, it's a walk in touch down.
Yup - I was saying the same thing. It's even more obvious from the other end zone view - you see Watson break open and it just looks like easy money.

Ignore the penalty and just look at the ball placement. He had an area he could land a plane in to throw that to and he put it back into Watson's body.

The penalty nullified the issue, but it was indicative of something we saw from him most of the day. His ball placement just wasn't very good. Lots of balls that were about a yard away from where he probably wanted them.

Which is really strange for him. Maybe the rest actually had him rusty? Because that's just not like him at all.
[Reply]
O.city 03:43 PM 09-26-2022

oh ya this guy is leading the NFL in EPA per dropback pic.twitter.com/AH5bglwWD8

— Nate Tice (@Nate_Tice) September 26, 2022

I mean, look at this. That's as perfect as you can do it. Just catch it Trav
[Reply]
O.city 03:45 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup - I was saying the same thing. It's even more obvious from the other end zone view - you see Watson break open and it just looks like easy money.

Ignore the penalty and just look at the ball placement. He had an area he could land a plane in to throw that to and he put it back into Watson's body.

The penalty nullified the issue, but it was indicative of something we saw from him most of the day. His ball placement just wasn't very good. Lots of balls that were about a yard away from where he probably wanted them.

Which is really strange for him. Maybe the rest actually had him rusty? Because that's just not like him at all.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

It really seems to me it's some of that trust stuff from last year again. Get the hell over it and just rip it man.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:47 PM 09-26-2022
Best thing I can say about it is that it took a HELL of a play to break it up. And we say it all the time but in those situations where you look like you have a field to put the ball into, the absolute LAST thing you can do is overthrow it. Whatever you do, don't put it somewhere where your WR doesn't have a chance.

Maybe that was his thought. That Thomas had no prayer of recovering so he was putting it right into Watson's body to make sure that the pass was completed, rather than possibly leading him too far and not giving him a chance to make a play.

Balls to the walls Mahomes doesn't have that thought for a second. It never even occurs to him he might miss so he puts it right where he thinks the perfect spot would be every time. Here he may have just overthought it.
[Reply]
O.city 03:49 PM 09-26-2022
Best thing I can say about it is that it took a HELL of a play to break it up. And we say it all the time but in those situations where you look like you have a field to put the ball into, the absolute LAST thing you can do is overthrow it. Whatever you do, don't put it somewhere where your WR doesn't have a chance.

Maybe that was his thought. That Thomas had no prayer of recovering so he was putting it right into Watson's body to make sure that the pass was completed, rather than possibly leading him too far and not giving him a chance to make a play.

Balls to the walls Mahomes doesn't have that thought for a second. It never even occurs to him he might miss so he puts it right where he thinks the perfect spot would be every time. Here he may have just overthought it.
It's back to that MVS throw early in the game.

He just won't put more air under those suckers. Let the dude run under it, give yourself some room for error there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 09-26-2022

I mean, look at this. That's as perfect as you can do it. Just catch it Trav
Look at the touch on that ball. Just a pillow soft little feather in there.

Yeah - you really need that to be a catch. I know it's not easy, but it's a back-shoulder throw. That plays about 15 years old now. Guys have been doing it for a decade and Kelce's stolen a lot of dudes lunch with that same play.

Just so many things went wrong Sunday, man. So very many.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:50 PM 09-26-2022
It's back to that MVS throw early in the game.

He just won't put more air under those suckers. Let the dude run under it, give yourself some room for error there.
Exactly.

And maybe that throw was in the back of his mind somehow? He knew, everyone knew, that if he just doesn't try to make a perfect throw there to MVS, that's an easy adjustment and a likely walk-in for a TD.

So maybe his response was that throw to Watson. He wasn't trying to make it perfect.

It's a razor thin edge to walk.
[Reply]
O.city 03:51 PM 09-26-2022
I think they're literally 2 TD's better than Indy. Matt Ryan is a shell and our defense abused him.

Just make the plays you normally make and we're fine.

Guys, lets step back from the ledge here.
[Reply]
O.city 03:56 PM 09-26-2022
Exactly.

And maybe that throw was in the back of his mind somehow? He knew, everyone knew, that if he just doesn't try to make a perfect throw there to MVS, that's an easy adjustment and a likely walk-in for a TD.

So maybe his response was that throw to Watson. He wasn't trying to make it perfect.

It's a razor thin edge to walk.
Throw it high and towards the Goaline. There's so much room back there man.

Damn it.
[Reply]
O.city 03:57 PM 09-26-2022
Look at the touch on that ball. Just a pillow soft little feather in there.

Yeah - you really need that to be a catch. I know it's not easy, but it's a back-shoulder throw. That plays about 15 years old now. Guys have been doing it for a decade and Kelce's stolen a lot of dudes lunch with that same play.

Just so many things went wrong Sunday, man. So very many.
This is also back to what Detox and I were talking about earlier, this is what I was talking about.

When he plays like that in the pocket there, he's the best QB in the league. Bar none.

Don't rely on the backyard stuff. Do that. You're a machine when you do.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:12 PM 09-26-2022
I think they're literally 2 TD's better than Indy. Matt Ryan is a shell and our defense abused him.

Just make the plays you normally make and we're fine.

Guys, lets step back from the ledge here.

If the Chiefs played their typical game, the score would have been 38-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:12 PM 09-26-2022

JuJu has been respectable in 2/3 weeks. 31st among WRs in yards per route run...

but MVS (67th) and Hardman (70th) are providing little early on. Skyy Moore can't find the field.

As a byproduct, targets to RBs (17.6% -> 18.9%) and TEs (25.3% ->31.1%) are up.

— Rich Hribar (@LordReebs) September 26, 2022

[Reply]
Page 25 of 38
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up