ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 50
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 12:11 PM 06-09-2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:04 PM 06-09-2022
Cal also absolutely wrecked the Ninth Sister.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:14 PM 06-09-2022
Chad Kestis also has what's probably the coolest lightsaber design in Canon, being a mishmash of his two former masters lightsabers salvaged and pieced together into a staff blade that can separate.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 06-09-2022
well my emotions

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 06-09-2022
{Bangs. head. on. desk.}

Why. Why! WHY!!!!

Why does every goddamn Star Wars story insist on a redemption arc? Surely they won't give Reva one....

{sigh}

Yes they will. They gave one of the most irredeemable characters in the history of the franchise one - why wouldn't they give Reva one?

Here's the funny part, though - since Disney went ahead and decided to draw the sting and in the process turn all the attention to Reva, they've at least convinced people to overlook that one of these inquisitors has REALLY sucked.

The 5th Brother is fucking cringeworthy. He's just awful. Every time he's on the screen I just want him to shut up and go away. Part of the reason people are dumping on Reva as a character is that her foil, more than Obi Wan, is actually the 5th Brother. And you can't play off a guy doing that poor a job (though McGregor did manage to pull it off nicely in Revenge of the Sith - but who can expect that of anyone that isn't Ewan - he's awesome).

Man that character blows.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 06-09-2022
So...stupid question.

Are light sabers hot? Because on occasion you see them jam one through a steel door and they melt through it. Then you'll see Obi Wan drill some storm trooper with one and instead of slicing through him like a hot knife through butter, he just gets knocked down like he's being whacked with a tourney sword.

I'm confused...

I get it. Space wizards. Not that kind of movie, bruv. But c'mon - this seems like some internal consistency that would be awfully easy to put in place. Like when somebody's hand gets chopped off and instantly cauterizes, why does getting hit in the leg not take THAT off? Just fix the glitch here guys. And I don't truly care which direction you go - just make it some sort of bludgeoning device if production costs mandate. But don't make it a plasma cutter when you want it to be and a whiffle bat when you don't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:41 PM 06-09-2022
Sometimes it's the equivalent of a giant glow stick used to whack people. Pretty much every video game based on Star Wars ever has this flaw.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:59 PM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So...stupid question.

Are light sabers hot?
canonically they don't generate heat

PRACTICALLY? yeah they kinda do :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:27 PM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So...stupid question.

Are light sabers hot? Because on occasion you see them jam one through a steel door and they melt through it. Then you'll see Obi Wan drill some storm trooper with one and instead of slicing through him like a hot knife through butter, he just gets knocked down like he's being whacked with a tourney sword.

I'm confused...

I get it. Space wizards. Not that kind of movie, bruv. But c'mon - this seems like some internal consistency that would be awfully easy to put in place. Like when somebody's hand gets chopped off and instantly cauterizes, why does getting hit in the leg not take THAT off? Just fix the glitch here guys. And I don't truly care which direction you go - just make it some sort of bludgeoning device if production costs mandate. But don't make it a plasma cutter when you want it to be and a whiffle bat when you don't.
Storm troopers get hit with a blaster bolt and are dead, it took Obi-wan two strikes with his light saber to kill two different troopers.

I noticed it last night as well and it had me scratching my head a bit. But, whatever, at least we have gotten to the point in the show where he is actually using it.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:34 PM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Storm troopers get hit with a blaster bolt and are dead, it took Obi-wan two strikes with his light saber to kill two different troopers.
Heh. That might be the only time in Star Wars history that stormtrooper armor was effective.

Still, nothing is as bad as them getting wiped out by rock throwing teddy bears. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:35 PM 06-09-2022
At this point it's comedy having the other Inquisitor tell her how much she sucks despite the fact she's the only one that ever accomplishes, well, anything.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:38 PM 06-09-2022
I'm still mostly enjoying this. Brat Leia is becoming less annoying. I guess my expectations going in were pretty low, so I'm sure that helps.

Also, I'm much more a Star Trek fan than a Star Wars fan, and as it stands right now, Star Wars is in much better hands. The Kenobi series, despite it's warts, is massively better than Discovery or Picard, both of which I quit watching entirely. Jury's still out on SNW, but so far it's doing okay.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:45 PM 06-09-2022
Bit surprised they had Reva fully intending to go through with torturing Leia in that chair. Not very nice.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:51 PM 06-09-2022
Also, was it just me or did they sort of write into the story that Reva was the one that gave Darth Vader the idea to later hide a homing beacon in the Millennium Falcon so it would lead to the rebel base in A New Hope?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:24 PM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Also, was it just me or did they sort of write into the story that Reva was the one that gave Darth Vader the idea to later hide a homing beacon in the Millennium Falcon so it would lead to the rebel base in A New Hope?
Excellent point.

I get turned around on the timeline often enough that I just kind of took it as a ripoff of an old idea by the writers.

But it didn't occur to me to consider it a throughput of sorts. I miss most of that stuff, though.

Because again - I'm still confused by whiffle bat sabers and the fact that they don't have a cross guard?. Shouldn't they have one of those? Or wouldn't LOTS of these guys have their hands chopped off?

{shrug} Space Wizards. I'll leave the physics and the Easter eggs to Clay.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 50
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up