ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 56
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Skyy God 11:01 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

"Well that's why they pay the gentleman in the black bathrobe. See y'all I in a few weeks..."

Crazy sucks. It gets beaten out of most folks over time, though. It's really just the noobs, the guys with short client rosters or, the worst of the worst, guys doing favors for their college buddies. Holy Christ those are awful.
I’d argue guys with short client rosters are the worst.

Treat every case like a dog trying to extract every last bit of meat from the bone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 03-16-2023
Brown’s gonna have to change his tagline. “Less Money University”
[Reply]
RunKC 11:07 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don't have a problem arguing positional value, but this is horseshit. Bates is a much better S than OBJ is a LT.
He’s right though. You take the capable LT every single time. Orlando isn’t great but he is so much better than what they’ve had. And he’s been a durable player available for his team.

Jonah Williams has been on IR twice and has missed time basically every single year. His body is not handling the NFL well at all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s right though. You take the capable LT every single time. Orlando isn’t great but he is so much better than what they’ve had. And he’s been a durable player available for his team.

Jonah Williams has been on IR twice and has missed time basically every single year. His body is not handling the NFL well at all.
i'd argue we have no idea if orlando will be capable in CIN

in a run-first system he was pretty good because he basically wasn't asked to to do anything that might expose his liabilities

in KC the chiefs did a masterful job of hiding his liabilities, and even when they were exposed, mahomes kept the damage to a minimum

in cincy? the QB takes sacks like his life depends on it and their offense is probably going to be tasked with even more heavy lifting now that their defense is losing pieces

this is a questionable signing, especially when your arch rival is loading up on pass rushers this offseason and you play in a division with three absolute beasts coming off the edge six times a year
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 03-16-2023
So apparently the teams that were in were Cincy, Pitt and the Jets.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 AM 03-16-2023

[Reply]
JPH83 11:25 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
You seem good value...but I do hate the Bengals
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:43 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I still believe that Taylor will surprise people. I just don't see KC doing this unless there was belief that he could play the position as well or better than Brown Jr. If Reid did not believe this, KC probably resigns Brown Jr or looks to move up in the draft for a LT. They don't pay Taylor $20 mil a year.
Sure KC has to believe that Taylor can make the switch, but their crystal ball isn't perfect.

This is the NFL. Nothing is guaranteed. It is just a calculated gamble.

I don't think re signing Brown was on the table. I don't think he was signing with KC for a reasonable contract because he thought he had leverage.

So that leaves a trade some other FA or draft.

But Taylor's pass blocking ceiling looks high and that is exciting.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:43 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
You seem good value...but I do hate the Bengals
In order for that pic to be accurate, Burrow needs to be clutching his knee after a blinkride sack.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:49 AM 03-16-2023

[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:50 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Here's the thing. They aren't getting a "good" LT. He's avg at best. And they'll soon find that out.
He may only be average, i agree, but he's still better than what was there.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:51 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dax Hill has proven absolutely nothing.
Absoutely right. Just like Taylor has proven absolutely nothing at LT.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:53 AM 03-16-2023
Except that he can move his feet better than your LT
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:54 AM 03-16-2023
Maybe true but what the Chiefs have proven is that we are smarter than the Bengals. 2 rings to none. Joe isn't clutch, his 4th quarters are garbage. Mahomes is clutch and has 2 rings.

I will trust the Chiefs over the Bengals on these issues.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:54 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
:-) It's foolish to question Veach's ability as a GM at this point. The Chiefs have the better team despite not benefitting from multiple top 10 picks in recent years.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 56
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up