Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
JPH83 03:19 PM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He doesn't have a ton of speed or separation. He is a possession receiver. He runs good routes and wins at the catch point and has an enormous radius. He's a better version of JuJu.

He's going to win as guys like Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, or Brandon Aiyuk win.

Don't overthink it. He's a good WR. He's not the speed merchant most guys clamor for. Most of the best WRs aren't as fast as people like to think.
I get WRs wrong with almost perfect inaccuracy. Whatever I don't see ends up somehow being their calling card, so yeah, he's probably going to be excellent. The Juju comp I think is right, that's valuable. The others i think are just way craftier. But as I say, I'm pretty often way off
[Reply]
kccrow 03:33 PM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I get WRs wrong with almost perfect inaccuracy. Whatever I don't see ends up somehow being their calling card, so yeah, he's probably going to be excellent. The Juju comp I think is right, that's valuable. The others i think are just way craftier. But as I say, I'm pretty often way off
WR is one of the hardest positions to get right even for NFL execs. There's a reason its one of the highest bust-rate positions.

If they run good routes, have good hands, and fit the requisite athletic profile for their size group, then I think that goes a really long way. Even then, you're still going to miss as much as you hit.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:00 PM 04-09-2023
The WR coach for Justin Jefferson and Ja'Marr Chase at LSU was Mickey Joseph. He was Trey Palmers WR coach at LSU and last year at Nebraska for a bit before he became the head coach. Palmer also ran the fastest 40 at the combine at 4.33.

I've already stated this a couple of times. Nebraska's QB got hurt, and in the 3 games he was out Nebraska could not throw the ball at all. Their backup QB's were that bad. Palmer had nearly all of his stats in the 9 games that Thompson was able to play. The stats in those 9 games are right up there with the best. Had Thompson been healthy for all 12 of those games, Palmer may have led all receivers in receiving yardage.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:52 AM 04-10-2023
Not shocking.

Report: Numerous NFL Teams are down on the 2023 WR class and only have one WR with 1st round grade, Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

The league isn’t "nearly as high" on this year’s class as the media is, per @JimNagy_SB https://t.co/djWmQXFPvU

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) April 10, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 04-10-2023
Good, hopefully they let Addison or Johnston fall to 31 too.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:41 AM 04-10-2023
Hard to imagine Zay Flowers doesn't have a 1st round grade. But i'm in agreement that everyone else are really 2nd round and later guys. Johnston included.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:14 PM 04-10-2023
Updated my final rankings on page 3

Take it or leave it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:52 PM 04-10-2023
I don't know that I really like any of these WR's more than I do what we currently have on the roster.

Meh, take one somewhere just because we always need weapons but it's a big bad of 2nd rounders it looks like.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:58 PM 04-10-2023
Is Hyatt truly a 1-trick pony, or is he capable of running a complete route tree?

His highlights are just stupid. Tyreek separation in Calvin Johnsons body.

But they are often busted coverages and most are just go routes.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 04-10-2023
There's only gonna be 18-22 guys with 1st round grades so that report is a bit misleading.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:06 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Is Hyatt truly a 1-trick pony, or is he capable of running a complete route tree?

His highlights are just stupid. Tyreek separation in Calvin Johnsons body.

But they are often busted coverages and most are just go routes.
He runs about 1/3 of it really well. slants, seam, posts, gos, isn't too bad at hook/curl. That's enough for what he is. The only issue with taking Hyatt is he's ideally suited to contribute in the same way MVS does so anyone that would expect him to light the world on fire in year one might be left a bit disappointed.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:23 PM 04-10-2023
Hoping we go somewhere else other than WR round 1
[Reply]
Mecca 02:18 PM 04-10-2023
We now have an official 4.52 40 yard dash for TCU WR Quentin Johnston.

7.31 3-cone

4.28 short shuttle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We now have an official 4.52 40 yard dash for TCU WR Quentin Johnston.

7.31 3-cone

4.28 short shuttle.
Oof.

When draft day is approaching and you're starting to sound more and more like a slower, less agile version of Alec Pierce, that's really not great news for your stock.

That 3-cone time is rooouuuugh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
A.T Perry is one of the most interesting prospects at the position.

Man, he sure looks the part. But damn, his release sucks and his route running isn't very explosive.

I haven't seen his 3-cone time yet, but he does have some straight line speed.
His release isn't great but the body is there to get better at it.

Contrast that to say, Mims, who's just too damn lean, IMO. Rice is in a similar boat to Perry - both guys appear to me to have the physical skills to be good off the line but definitely have work to do.

And yeah, that's a concern given that we still don't appear to have a 'man-beater' in this WR room.

I think that's why some folks are so high on Flowers and Downs; they do appear to be guys who can get open quickly and put pressure on DBs to get back into the play.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 34
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up