ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 51
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:54 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We better treat any series from outside the 20 as four down territory.
Wat.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:24 AM 09-15-2022
The Chargers’ roster sure gets extreme hype, including on this board, but do they have an advantage anywhere but the DL? And obviously they don’t have a coaching advantage.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:31 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
One of the biggest benefit for Chiefs opponents is Andy Reids propensity to punt on 4th & 1 around midfield despite having a top offense.

Lol what?
[Reply]
Best22 07:42 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The Chargers’ roster sure gets extreme hype, including on this board, but do they have an advantage anywhere but the DL? And obviously they don’t have a coaching advantage.
WR (when Keenan Allen is healthy)

DB (we don’t have a Derwin James caliber player and JC Jackson is really good)

RB (Ekeler had 900+ rushing yards last year and is a serious receiving threat. None of our backs have proven themselves like him)
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:49 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:

RB (Ekeler had 900+ rushing yards last year and is a serious receiving threat. None of our backs have proven themselves like him)
All 3 of those players listed seem to be hurt at some point every single year.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:14 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Please produce documented evidence on the amount of games the Reid/Mahomes Chiefs have lost due to this reason.
Reid sure the heck wasn't afraid to go for it on 4th down with Henne at QB in the playoffs!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:28 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
QB: Chiefs
RB: Chargers
Pass catchers: Chiefs (including TE shifts this to KC)
OL: Chiefs
DL: Chargers (but if you split it, Chargers - DE, Chiefs - DT)
LB: Chiefs
CB: Chargers
S: Chargers
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 09:14 AM 09-15-2022
You'll shouldn't worry too much about San Diego in this one. They're missing 2 of their best offensive & defensive weapons. JC Jackson isn't gonna play. They'll probably put 2 or 3 more players on IR just driving to the stadium. Even then it's just too much to ask going into arrowhead on a short week, especially in week 2. Chargers starters didn't play at all in preseason so will still be beat to hell from week 1. Plus they are still developing chemistry from not playing. Their Oline looked like dogshit in week 1 they couldn't run block or pass block. Herbert didn't get sacked but was pressured on nearly every snap. Joe Lombardi is also not a good play caller. He runs the Sean Payton Saints offense, but he's got a guy with one of the top 3 arms in the NFL whose strength is throwing accurate lasers 65 yds down field. But he decides he wants to run the ball & have Herbert play 5 yd dink & dunk ball like 40 yr old Drew Brees. Once every 4 or 5 games they decide to utilize Mike Williams down field a bit but he's usually not involved much.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:15 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:

I'm referring to right now. No Allen tonight and Jackson at less than 100%.

Ekeler might be better than any of our backs, but I don't know that their ground game overall will be better. Our backs should have bigger holes to run through.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 09:21 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
All totally fair. I don't see why people try to pretend otherwise.

At the same time:

Ownership - Chiefs
Management - Chiefs
Coaching - Chiefs
Leadership/experience - Chiefs
Home-field advantage - Chiefs
Training staff/injury track record - Chiefs

Oh, and you forgot special teams, a huge and underrated part of the game that KC happens to be great at and LAC is typically awful at.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:23 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Close game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:23 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
You'll shouldn't worry too much about San Diego in this one. They're missing 2 of their best offensive & defensive weapons. JC Jackson isn't gonna play. They'll probably put 2 or 3 more players on IR just driving to the stadium. Even then it's just too much to ask going into arrowhead on a short week, especially in week 2. Chargers starters didn't play at all in preseason so will still be beat to hell from week 1. Plus they are still developing chemistry from not playing. Their Oline looked like dogshit in week 1 they couldn't run block or pass block. Herbert didn't get sacked but was pressured on nearly every snap. Joe Lombardi is also not a good play caller. He runs the Sean Payton Saints offense, but he's got a guy with one of the top 3 arms in the NFL whose strength is throwing accurate lasers 65 yds down field. But he decides he wants to run the ball & have Herbert play 5 yd dink & dunk ball like 40 yr old Drew Brees. Once every 4 or 5 games they decide to utilize Mike Williams down field a bit but he's usually not involved much.
I was a little underwhelmed by what I saw from them in week 1. Outside of Herbert making some great throws. He's good enough to keep them in the game by himself.

The DL also got a lot of pressure at times, but I think a more mobile QB than Carr would have handled it better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:31 AM 09-15-2022
Do the Chargers have Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs’ number at Arrowhead Stadium?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Best22 09:39 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Do the Chargers have Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs’ number at Arrowhead Stadium?
Spoiler!

Honestly I was okay with that interceptable ball. He gave his big TE a chance to win a 50/50 ball. Not like it was a bad read or foolish decision, just risky since Gray hasn’t proven himself yet.

Mahomes is best when he’s willing to gamble and take risks
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:43 AM 09-15-2022
They squeaked by the Raiders and we are not them. We have to guys and the coaches to beat them.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 51
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up