ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 51
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How broke are you?
R8RFAN 11:32 AM 03-18-2011
Instead of hijacking a thread lets make our own...
How far up to your ass are you in debt are you?
How close are you to filing for Bankruptcy.
How many of you borrow from Mom and Dad because you are sorry as hell and have to drive that car that sounds like a pissed off bumble bee?

Let's get it on you broke dick bastards...

It's on :-)

I will start the thread

0 Mortgage debt
0 Consumer debt
0 Car payments

Bills I owe
Directv
Insurance
Taxes
Utilities
Food
and Cell Phone (thanks luv)
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:37 PM 03-18-2011
I use coupons whenever I see one. Does that make me evil? I'm only 25 and someday I might need that extra money.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:45 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You should put your money in a tax free Money Market account if you'd like to keep cash on hand.

Also, I'd avoid "paying off your house".

Most likely, it won't earn you 8-10% per year in the market (if not far more - I earned 28% last year alone). Refi the house to where it's "cheap money" and take the excess and invest it wisely with a good financial adviser.

You'll come out WAY ahead.
Im sure you are right but this is just the easiest way for me to see how I can stop working by 40. Im a live to play person, not work to live. If I can make 75k a yr and not really have to "work" based off of the common definition then i will be much happier. If I pay off 4 properties and own them then I can make residual rent out of them at almost 100% profit after maintenance, insurance, taxes, etc. If I dont do that then I won't have a consistent form of steady income without working
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:53 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Im sure you are right but this is just the easiest way for me to see how I can stop working by 40. Im a live to play person, not work to live. If I can make 75k a yr and not really have to "work" based off of the common definition then i will be much happier. If I pay off 4 properties and own them then I can make residual rent out of them at almost 100% profit after maintenance, insurance, taxes, etc. If I dont do that then I won't have a consistent form of steady income without working
Okay Man, but at least look into a tax-free Money Market account. You can write checks and withdrawal money, just as you can with a normal account.

I'm obviously not privy to your finances but it may help you out in the short and long run.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:34 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I use coupons whenever I see one. Does that make me evil? I'm only 25 and someday I might need that extra money.
If it is something you buy anyway....
Coupons = Free Money
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:39 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
My house is 35% paid off, I have 5k student loan debt which isnt worth paying off and no.car payment. I have 14,600 in the bank and 3100 in full tilt poker
Would you borrow 5k more to put in the bank? Then why would you hold a 5k debt when you have triple that in cash to pay it off?

Pay off that student loan and get it out of your life...

Mortgage, you make the call on that, thats a personal choice,My personal choice was to pay it off in full and kick wells fargo to the curb.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:50 AM 03-19-2011
By next Friday I will not owe anyone a penny. I'm so looking forward to it.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:58 AM 03-19-2011
I don't know why it even matters when the world is going to end in 1.5 years
[Reply]
DaFace 06:58 AM 03-19-2011
You're an odd cookie, R8ers. I've never seen someone so in need of justifying his financial decisions to others.
[Reply]
Over-Head 07:49 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Congrats!!
[Reply]
kepp 07:51 AM 03-19-2011
We just paid off our car 3 years early so we officially only have mortgage debt.
[Reply]
RaiderH8r 07:53 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by R8ers:
Would you borrow 5k more to put in the bank? Then why would you hold a 5k debt when you have triple that in cash to pay it off?

Pay off that student loan and get it out of your life...

Mortgage, you make the call on that, thats a personal choice,My personal choice was to pay it off in full and kick wells fargo to the curb.
That's just stupid and myopic. If the $5K loan is accruing interest at 4% and the money market is making money at 10% then you've just lost 6% by paying off the loan instead of investing it.

Same goes for the home mortgage. Sure, if you're just going to stuff the cash in a mattress then pay off the debt. But if your rate is 5% and your ROI in the market is 20% /yr averaged over the life of the loan well you just earned a nifty 15% on money that otherwise would have gone in the can.

The only debt one should rush in an "at all costs" fashion to pay off is credit card debt. Christ, right now if got an ARM home loan your rate is actually lower than it was 3 years ago.

I know you like to fellate yourself from atop your high horse for your financial "savvy" but stop being a dick about it because the bottom line is throwing money out the window because you've assigned some misguided evil to debt is retarded.

I work for my money then I make my money work for me. Bam.

My guitar still costs more than your car and I've still got more cabbage in the couch cushions than you earn in 2 years.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:34 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by tmax63:
oh and it will feel so good.... Congrats to you and your family :-)
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:37 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r:
That's just stupid and myopic. If the $5K loan is accruing interest at 4% and the money market is making money at 10% then you've just lost 6% by paying off the loan instead of investing it.

Same goes for the home mortgage. Sure, if you're just going to stuff the cash in a mattress then pay off the debt. But if your rate is 5% and your ROI in the market is 20% /yr averaged over the life of the loan well you just earned a nifty 15% on money that otherwise would have gone in the can.

The only debt one should rush in an "at all costs" fashion to pay off is credit card debt. Christ, right now if got an ARM home loan your rate is actually lower than it was 3 years ago.

I know you like to fellate yourself from atop your high horse for your financial "savvy" but stop being a dick about it because the bottom line is throwing money out the window because you've assigned some misguided evil to debt is retarded.

My guitar still costs more than your car and I've still got more cabbage in the couch cushions than you earn in 2 years.
Why would you pay someone 4% interest when you have cash money sitting there?

Keep thinking like that and you too will be broke all your life depending on someone else to decide if you will or will not have any money...
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:39 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're an odd cookie, R8ers. I've never seen someone so in need of justifying his financial decisions to others.
Damn right I am odd, as a matter of fact odd enough that I live financially the way 98% of America does not....

I would much rather be "Odd" than up to my ass in debt and trying to justify spending money I don't have.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:43 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r:

P.S. you are not making 10% in a money market account, YOU may be making 10% in a ponzi scheme called a money market account.

Give me the name of that bank and a phone number, I will call them Monday
[Reply]
Page 25 of 51
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up