ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 469
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:06 PM 03-20-2022
What’s the consensus on when Melendez and Pratto might be up?
[Reply]
Coach 05:38 PM 03-20-2022
Edward Olivares!!!!!
[Reply]
Valiant 06:26 PM 03-20-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Has greinke ever help mentor any pitchers? Though teams tend to win a world series after he leaves.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:16 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Has greinke ever help mentor any pitchers? Though teams tend to win a world series after he leaves.
No...but he's a cerebral guy that appreciates the nuances of pitching (and baseball, in general). He's also plain speaking. Coupled with his credentials and he's likely a guy the youngers will listen to. The Singers of the world could likely benefit from all those qualities.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:49 AM 03-21-2022
Zack to Singer:

"Hey man. Lefties kill you. You should throw your changeup more so they don't kill you. If you don't, they're just going to keep killing you and you won't be very good."
[Reply]
nychief 08:04 AM 03-21-2022
Minor league knowers.... tell me about Clay Dungan.
[Reply]
TLO 10:22 AM 03-21-2022
I'm ready for the regular season!!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:37 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I understand why Bobby Witt is at 3rd since 3rd is a blackhole in basically all of baseball for prospects at the moment, but this teams refusal to admit that it's time to try Mondesi in CF is baffling..

How about a lineup that is
C Perez/Melendez split with Perez seeing significant 1B and DH time
1B Santana/Dozier I know they're gonna play these guys to try to trade them
2B Merrifield
SS Lopez
3B Witt
LF Benintendi
CF Mondesi
RF Isbel

Isbel needs at bats and this teams refusal to admit Michael Taylor is a 4th OF is bad too..Also if I see Ryan O'Hearn play this year I will lose it.
Everyone wants to do this except Dayton Moore.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:49 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I understand why Bobby Witt is at 3rd since 3rd is a blackhole in basically all of baseball for prospects at the moment, but this teams refusal to admit that it's time to try Mondesi in CF is baffling..

How about a lineup that is
C Perez/Melendez split with Perez seeing significant 1B and DH time
1B Santana/Dozier I know they're gonna play these guys to try to trade them
2B Merrifield
SS Lopez
3B Witt
LF Benintendi
CF Mondesi
RF Isbel

Isbel needs at bats and this teams refusal to admit Michael Taylor is a 4th OF is bad too..Also if I see Ryan O'Hearn play this year I will lose it.
Mecca still has never figured out that defense is important in Kauffman Stadium outfield.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:57 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Mecca still has never figured out that defense is important in Kauffman Stadium outfield.
Mondesi would be a good defender. Isbel is at least avg and Benintendi is avg (yet he did somehow win a gold glove last year - his 1st one)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
You really think Mondesi wouldn't be a good OFer?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:58 AM 03-21-2022
Apparently today's game is the game of the day on MLB.com

So it's one of the only games the entire year I'll actually be able to watch.

Thanks MLB!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:11 PM 03-21-2022
I don’t know why they haven’t considered moving Mondesi to the OF. It’s possible he isn’t open to that type of move.

:-)

Is what it is, though.

Regardless, this IF defense should be really elite. Even more so if Pratto becomes the every day 1B at some point.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:13 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mondesi would be a good defender. Isbel is at least avg and Benintendi is avg (yet he did somehow win a gold glove last year - his 1st one)
Again, Beni was one of only 2 qualifiers at LF last year. He (-0.9 runs) was better than Lourdes Gurriel (-4.9). So it was an easy choice
[Reply]
Mecca 12:34 PM 03-21-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t know why they haven’t considered moving Mondesi to the OF. It’s possible he isn’t open to that type of move.

:-)

Is what it is, though.

Regardless, this IF defense should be really elite. Even more so if Pratto becomes the every day 1B at some point.
My thought was trade, a SS putting up numbers has more value than an OFer doing it.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 469
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up