Page 25 of 54
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
BigRichard 04:31 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this show is vastly more well done than any of the prequels, as is the mandalorian, as was rogue one and solo
Rogue One > Solo > The Mandalorian(might change as I haven't watched it all) > Prequels > Obi-Wan = That last three shit movies that were actual Star Wars movies
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:32 PM 06-07-2022
That's harsh. This series doesn't even come close to the absolute disaster that is the Disney trilogy of films. There's an actual cohesive overarching plot for starters, even if there are aspects that undoubtedly suck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:33 PM 06-07-2022
absolutely false

the prequels were horribly directed and poorly written

obi wan is the exact opposite
[Reply]
staylor26 06:00 PM 06-07-2022
this show is vastly more well done than any of the prequels, as is the mandalorian, as was rogue one and solo
You went too far with the last one.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:13 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You went too far with the last one.
no i didn't. show me any cringeworthy dialogue in solo on part with the garbage romance crap in the prequels.

that movie perfectly executed the origin story of han solo, the only thing that was slightly off was alden's casting, which was still a very very good performance
[Reply]
Frazod 09:02 PM 06-07-2022
I really enjoyed Solo. It was a fun movie, and came closest to capturing the swashbuckling feel of the '77 original.

The backlash against Solo was, IMO, misdirected backlash over the odious Last Jedi. As people became more and more annoyed with it, they were just looking for a scapegoat, and a movie featuring a new actor playing Han was the perfect target for them. Same thing happened to The Postman, which really wasn't a bad film - but everybody still wanted to slam Costner for Waterworld, so it got unfairly blasted. It's like a guy who reaches over to pinch a woman's ass, and then she turns around and slaps the guy directly behind her who didn't even see it happen. Wrong place, wrong time.

I would rank Solo above all post-80s movies except Rogue One.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:13 PM 06-07-2022
I think Disney has done a mostly exceptional job with the odious exceptions of hiring JJ Abrams and Daisy Ridley

Those two GIANT gaffes ruined the ST, but you can't say they haven't learned from their mistakes, UNLIKE the idiots who keep dicking around with Star Trek.

I have high hopes for the Ashoka and Andor series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:48 PM 06-07-2022
I didn't like Solo much the only time I saw it in theatres, but I suppose I should give it another chance at some point.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:43 PM 06-07-2022

in a happier universe, anakin is listening intently to leia talk about all the starships she spotted that day pic.twitter.com/uvs7A7SJJw

— mel��KENOBI SPOILERS �� (@amisdalas) May 29, 2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:37 AM 06-08-2022
I think Disney has done a mostly exceptional job with the odious exceptions of hiring JJ Abrams and Daisy Ridley

Those two GIANT gaffes ruined the ST, but you can't say they haven't learned from their mistakes, UNLIKE the idiots who keep dicking around with Star Trek.

I have high hopes for the Ashoka and Andor series.
From what I've read The High Republic will include Tyvokka Wookie Jedi Master
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:14 AM 06-08-2022
Have a feeling people aren't going to like today's episode much.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:26 AM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't think there is any need to spoiler that. :-)

With all the additions to the story since 1977 (particularly Kenobi dispatching Maul like he was cutting through a paper bag), I think it's fair to assume that he probably could have defeated Vader, but instead deliberately sacrificed himself to create enough of a distraction to allow Luke and Leia to escape.
Wait. Didn't Obi-Wan turn his saber and off and just take the hit?

* I just found the fight on Youtube. He very obviously sacrificed himself. Also, Leia's jiggly titties:

[Reply]
listopencil 09:28 AM 06-08-2022
Big apologies to The Spoiler Gestapo for giving away the 45 year old plot point.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:16 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Wait. Didn't Obi-Wan turn his saber and off and just take the hit?

* I just found the fight on Youtube. He very obviously sacrificed himself. Also, Leia's jiggly titties:

I can't watch that scene and not think of this one. Lucas should just include it as canonical to the film for it being THAT fucking good

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:29 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I can't watch that scene and not think of this one. Lucas should just include it as canonical to the film for it being THAT fucking good

Still amazes me that's a fanmade duel. Insanely high quality.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 54
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up