ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 192
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 02:51 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We are so blessed to be fans of this team.

Veach may swing and miss, but he'll never let us down and sit on his hands.

My god.

At least he tries. It's so refreshing after decades of Carl and Pioli
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:51 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well, we still need some LB work....
LB isn't as big of a need as this fan base often makes it out to be.

You can clearly see what the Chiefs value by looking at these trades Veach has made since he's been GM.

DL, OL, CB, WR, those are the guys the Chiefs really value.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:51 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Let Terrace Marshall fall.
He ain’t fallin far man. Get on the Dyami Brown train.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:51 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm simply shocked that no matter how well i drew this argument out demonstrating that this is poor logic, and despite the Ravens agreeing to make the trade, thus proving that they don't agree with this poor logic, people are still clinging to this bullshit fan-driven false narrative that makes no goddamn sense from a football perspective.
I don't know what you did or didn't do, but I take it from this that you think resolving your top rival's biggest issue is a good idea.

We obviously don't have all the information here necessary to determine if the Ravens ultimately did the right thing or not, but if this was the only move they were left to make after all of the offers they got, perhaps they should have held off for now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:51 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t listen but just speaking on the topic.

Very rarely do these franchises who consistently pick at the end of drafts do well with their R1 picks. It pretty much ruined Seattle’s run, their inability to make good picks in early rounds. NE struggled with it and it finally caught up to them last year.

I’m not saying it’s bad to use your R1 picks in that 28-32 range on true rookies, but not every year. Moves like this guarantee you are getting a great player with that pick. I think we’ll see that Clyde will be one too. Probably no SB title yet if not for the Clark deal. So you are stacking year after year with really good players in terms of ROI.
expanding on your point-

You're not going to get star level QB's, WR's, LT's, DE's, or CB's in that range very often. You can get RB's, OG's, DT's, LB'ers, etc.

If you need one of the first group, better to trade for them.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:52 PM 04-23-2021
Orlando Brown + Joe Thuney

Goodnight. We are going to punch people so hard in the face. Best OL ever assembled for Mahomes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:52 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I will never understand the Pringle love. It would be one thing if he played for the Ravens and that’s why his production suffered....but what’s your excuse with Andy and Mahomes?
I can only guess that it's because he's a "local" player.

The guy will be 28 years old during the 2021 season and has a grand total of 2 TD's and 330 yards for his career.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:53 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
LB isn't as big of a need as this fan base often makes it out to be.

You can clearly see what the Chiefs value by looking at these trades Veach has made since he's been GM.

DL, OL, CB, WR, those are the guys the Chiefs really value.
Yeah, not sure why Chief Fan is focused on LB at all.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:53 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If you look at the wide receivers taken in the 2nd round the last three years it's exciting.

Identify the next AJ Brown or McLaurin
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:54 PM 04-23-2021
Chiefs will give Brown a 100+ million extension.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:54 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, not sure why Chief Fan is focused on LB at all.
It’s because Neimann is a catastrophe
[Reply]
Mecca 02:54 PM 04-23-2021
Spotrac is saying Browns value is 96 mill over 5 years, 19.2 average.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:54 PM 04-23-2021
It’s because Neimann is a catastrophe
Agreed, but he doesn't have to be on the field much at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:55 PM 04-23-2021
I can’t. I’m already on the Josh Palmer train.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't know what you did or didn't do, but I take it from this that you think resolving your top rival's biggest issue is a good idea.

We obviously don't have all the information here necessary to determine if the Ravens ultimately did the right thing or not, but if this was the only move they were left to make after all of the offers they got, perhaps they should have held off for now.
What?

The Ravens now have two first rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders along with a 5th from the Chiefs for next year.

They clearly didn't want wait to make a trade until after the draft because those draft picks wouldn't help the team in 2021 but now, they've traded a disgruntled player and added some serious assets in this year's draft.

The Chiefs were going to acquire a good to great left tackle somehow this offseason and the Ravens were the beneficiary of their needs.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 192
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up