ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 324
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
CupidStunt 08:43 AM 11-21-2022
This guy has to be one of the most underrated coordinators in history. Whenever we rushed 4 we didn't even sniff Herbert, so Spags dials up his creative blitzes and we end up with a ton of sacks (most by far LAC has allowed in a game, and they hadn't allowed many all year).

That's not easy to do, and 99% of coordinators either don't make the (any) adjustment, or don't scheme something that works. Like they just send the house and get burned.

The timing, the way it's hidden pre-snap, just genius.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:48 AM 11-21-2022
I know we all love our coaching staff, but it really struck me when Sneed had to leave the game for a bit that we were running with three rookie cornerbacks and playing well. That's dang impressive. It reminded me of the 49ers' ascent back in the 80s when they started three rookies in the defensive backfield and thrived.

The Chiefs can identify talent and they can develop talent.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:54 AM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I know we all love our coaching staff, but it really struck me when Sneed had to leave the game for a bit that we were running with three rookie cornerbacks and playing well. That's dang impressive. It reminded me of the 49ers' ascent back in the 80s when they started three rookies in the defensive backfield and thrived.

Yup. KC won’t have the 85 Bears defense, but considering how young it is they are far exceeding expectations. Not only are they starting three rookies CBs but outside of McDuffie they are all later round picks. That is very impressive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 11-21-2022

Even early on in the spags era when I wasn't a fan of the hire I had to concede that this guy can coach the hell out of DBs.

He's been a major major asset this year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 11-21-2022
spags is the perfect coordinator for the mahomes era

no matter the stats, his defense BALLS OUT in the second half of games consistently
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:14 AM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
This guy has to be one of the most underrated coordinators in history. Whenever we rushed 4 we didn't even sniff Herbert, so Spags dials up his creative blitzes and we end up with a ton of sacks (most by far LAC has allowed in a game, and they hadn't allowed many all year).

That's not easy to do, and 99% of coordinators either don't make the (any) adjustment, or don't scheme something that works. Like they just send the house and get burned.

The timing, the way it's hidden pre-snap, just genius.
Herbert usually makes you pay for blitzing, so for us to go that route and not get torched is a testament to everyone on the defense.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:42 AM 11-21-2022

Agree... There seems to be a bright future as they learn this level of the game even more.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:56 PM 11-21-2022
2nd to last offensive play for the Chargers was an absolute gem. D lined up with wide tackles and LB’s with wide splits leaving the middle of the LOS open.

Herbert saw that on his drop back and decided to attempt the run. But I think Spags goaded him into that as Jones went across the face of the guard or center as Herbert came forward and nailed him for the 3 yard sack/loss.

If that was coached that way, it was ****ing brilliant.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:41 PM 11-21-2022
What a game for Spags. D gives up 20-pts in 1st half then 7 in the 2nd. Great job making adjustments
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:45 PM 11-21-2022
He and his staff held LAC to 115 yards of total offense in the 2nd half. 5 drives, one score. And it's not the first time this season.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:57 PM 11-21-2022
The defense has made large improvements every year as the season progressed since Spags was hired. This year is no different. The team has 32 sacks and is currently tied for 4th in the league. 14 of the sacks have came in the last 3 games.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:09 AM 11-22-2022
Karlaftis
McDuffie
Watson
Williams
Chenal
Cook

All of those rookies are playing significant snaps and excelling.

The rest of the season should show us a defense that’s playing with a lot of swagger as they continue yo be coached up snd build on communication.
[Reply]
R Clark 06:18 AM 11-22-2022
Isn’t this arguably the best defense we have had since spags has been here?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:03 AM 11-22-2022
Chiefs are 4th in the league in sacks.

Already with more than we had in the entirety of last season.

Spags + Cullen = godmode
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:39 AM 11-22-2022
Spags is a fucking magician. All of those rookies playing key roles, and playing well. It's NUTS what he's doing.

And especially the second half of games, when it is most important.

And also, nobody can dial up a blitz at a key moment like Spags. I mean it's like serious genius.

As far as I'm concerned, he can stay here with Andy until they both retire.
[Reply]
Page 248 of 324
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258298 > Last »
Up