ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 300
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
bdj23 09:30 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
So...

Dejuan
Timberlake
Elmarko
Furphy
KJ

?

It'd be cool to find a way to win this and at least play against Baylor. This depleted team has really hurt ticket sales for the event. I can't find a way to give mine away.
Sprint Center is such a boring and sterile environment compared to AFH. My uncle when he had season tickets, always had problems getting rid of the SC game ticket.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:34 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Can clemence not play a couple games and not screw up his redshirt year?
No. He never had any intention of playing this year and will transfer out at year's end.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:35 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Sprint Center is such a boring and sterile environment compared to AFH. My uncle when he had season tickets, always had problems getting rid of the SC game ticket.
True, but pretty much everything is though.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:51 AM 03-13-2024
I'm seeing Cincinnati as -2.5. 8:30 tonight.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:47 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I'm seeing Cincinnati as -2.5. 8:30 tonight.
Considering they're losing about half their scoring and their best defender, that's actually pretty generous. Cincinnati's not a bad team.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:42 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Considering they're losing about half their scoring and their best defender, that's actually pretty generous. Cincinnati's not a bad team.
Yep, I know, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they win.....I almost said upset, but that's not the case with that line.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 02:41 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Assuming McNeeley commits (seems likely), I'd say they have plenty to build on for next year.

Harris
McNeeley
Adams
Dickinson
Bidunga
Passmore
Philon
McDowell

I've heard that Elmarko plans to transfer and Furphy is probably going to the draft, so I'm not including them. But if Furphy stays, bonus.

Passmore might be the best athlete KU's had in years and can also shoot. Bidunga is the highest-rated recruit KU's landed since Josh Jackson. McNeeley's an amazing shooter. Probably better than Dick.

Find an experienced guard who can shoot, and maybe a wing, and that roster's looking as good as any in years.
The problem is none of this fixes the biggest issues on the team. How does McNeeley fix the picture in the Houston game where 5 guys are in the paint against hunter? Even if he is an assassin from deep, you can just change that picture to 4 guys in the paint instead of 5. Add another shooter and it's still 3 guys vs 1. The fact is, you can't have two complete non-shooters on the court all of the time in the modern game. It isn't going to work consistently.

This is why people wanting Hunter gone don't make any sense. Yes hunter has some flaws but he's far and away the best player we have. Who are we going to replace him with? What center is going 2 v1 or 3 v 1 all the time and putting up better numbers than him? You can't realistically find one. The problems are not for him to solve.

And that brings up the last point about the bench: yes that bench is better but it doesn't matter if they never play. If self never sits Harris or KJ, and we have no reason to think he will, then the bench might better than this year but it doesnt solve anything other than the 5-6 minutes a game they are on the court will be better than this year. Passmore could be Kobe in athleticism and it doesn't change that Harris gets bullied by bigger guards because he's too small. And KJ can't defend big guys inside. And KJ can't rebound and...I can keep beating a dead horse. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see how our team is vastly improved over this year when we probably lose two of our best three players and keep the worst two with huge flaws.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:49 PM 03-13-2024
Yep, I know, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they win.....I almost said upset, but that's not the case with that line.
Anxiously awaiting all of the "KU choked!!" comments from our more special rival fans if they lose a game they aren't favored to win...
[Reply]
PHOG 02:57 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Anxiously awaiting all of the "KU choked!!" comments from our more special rival fans if they lose a game they aren't favored to win...
Oh, you know it's coming.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 05:44 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
"I know KU has the most tourney wins in the last 20 years, but CHOKERS!!11!11!!!"
[Reply]
Ceej 07:07 PM 03-13-2024
Anyone gotta link to the game?
[Reply]
PHOG 07:22 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Anyone gotta link to the game?
You can try this: https://v2.sportsurge.net/watch-30091-cincinnati-kansas
[Reply]
bdj23 07:34 PM 03-13-2024
Well this should be interesting
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:35 PM 03-13-2024
There are a couple of good hockey games on tonight....
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:50 PM 03-13-2024
You can try this: https://v2.sportsurge.net/watch-30091-cincinnati-kansas
Not sure I actually wanna watch this tonight, but I was gonna ask the same thing as the previous poster. Thanks for the link.

Okay Jayhawk fans... buckle up...
[Reply]
Page 247 of 300
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297 > Last »
Up