ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 295
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:23 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Who would you take off the list to replace with Clyde?
What? Clyde is on the list.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 06:36 PM 05-24-2022
Didn’t realize I had to open it to see him at the bottom of it lol. My b.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:37 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Who would you take off the list to replace with Clyde?
Oh buy all means, entertain us! Who EXACTLY please! #WAITING He is near the BOTTOM of the list. Like I said it is year 3 so I EXPECT a solid year or simply write him off as a bust.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:44 PM 05-24-2022
I mean, if you really need a glaring example of just how worthless that list is McCaffrey at 6 should be a blaring alarm, but let's do a little exercise to further demonstrate it.

Player A: 4.4 YPC, 53.1 YPG, 4 TDs

Player B: 4.3 YPC, 51.7 YPG, 4 TDs
[Reply]
tredadda 06:59 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Oh buy all means, entertain us! Who EXACTLY please! #WAITING He is near the BOTTOM of the list. Like I said it is year 3 so I EXPECT a solid year or simply write him off as a bust.
Breece Hall and Saquon. Breece has yet to play a game and Saquon, based on where he was taken has been a far bigger disappointment. Many might be upset with CEH, but at least he was taken #32 and not top 5.
[Reply]
threebag 07:13 PM 05-24-2022
Some of you guys are making a gallbladder sound like goddamn covid, monkey pox or Arkancide. It’s not a damn death sentence, especially when you have access to the best medical care on the face of the freaking earth. He has sucked, does suck and will suck. I’d rather have Larry Johnson back at this point and I was glad they cut his ass.
[Reply]
-King- 08:53 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Who the fuck is Joel and why should I care how he ranks RBs? Y'all realize that list is the opinion of a dude with less than 2k followers an not based on any facts or stats, right?
...why does number of followers matter?
[Reply]
notorious 09:06 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I mean, if you really need a glaring example of just how worthless that list is McCaffrey at 6 should be a blaring alarm, but let's do a little exercise to further demonstrate it.

Player A: 4.4 YPC, 53.1 YPG, 4 TDs

Player B: 4.3 YPC, 51.7 YPG, 4 TDs
Just shows how unimportant RB is in the grand scheme of things.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 09:58 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
RoJo is a bum bu

Take a look at his pre-draft NFL comp:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ronald...9-5f67cfbf7e05

(It's Jamaal Charles in case you don't want to look)
That a horrid analysis. Look at the 40 time: 4.65. Jones simply doesn't have home run ability like Charles.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 01:50 AM 05-25-2022
RoJo is much closer to Knile Davis than Jamaal.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:06 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
...why does number of followers matter?
Because it establishes that he's a random person on Twitter that made a list based on his opinion. It's literally meaningless when it comes to discussing CEH.

There's plenty of ways to point out the fact that CEH thus far has been a mediocre at best RB and a disappointment for his draft slot. A rando's personal RB rankings doesn't register at all.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:03 AM 05-25-2022
Yeah, I've got no love for CEH but even I'm not sure I could put him at #32. At the same time, I struggle to find many other starting backs I'd put behind him.

I think I'd put Melvin Gordon below CEH.

That tells me that CEH is a bottom third starting RB in the NFL at best.

The issue with any list ranking these RBs is going to be criteria. Where do you put guys like CMC and Saquon? They've shown that they can be elite, but it's been years since they've produced at that level. Breece Hall has yet to play an NFL snap. Where do you put guys like James Conner, Cordarrelle Patterson and Lenny Fournette who have been decent their entire career but had a resurgence last season? (James Conner scored 18 TDs last year).

In any case, that dude's list is pretty funky. In no universe is Melvin Gordon a better RB than Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:09 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
That a horrid analysis. Look at the 40 time: 4.65. Jones simply doesn't have home run ability like Charles.
I don't follow college football so I can't argue about his pre-draft comp but I have to agree, on the surface that doesn't make much sense.

RoJo doesn't have Charles' speed and though they're of similar height, Jones has like 10-15 pounds on JC. I assumed the comparison must have been weighted heavily on their running style.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:34 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, I've got no love for CEH but even I'm not sure I could put him at #32. At the same time, I struggle to find many other starting backs I'd put behind him.

I think I'd put Melvin Gordon below CEH.

That tells me that CEH is a bottom third starting RB in the NFL at best.

The issue with any list ranking these RBs is going to be criteria. Where do you put guys like CMC and Saquon? They've shown that they can be elite, but it's been years since they've produced at that level. Breece Hall has yet to play an NFL snap. Where do you put guys like James Conner, Cordarrelle Patterson and Lenny Fournette who have been decent their entire career but had a resurgence last season? (James Conner scored 18 TDs last year).

In any case, that dude's list is pretty funky. In no universe is Melvin Gordon a better RB than Kareem Hunt.
Yeah, I think there's some odd ones. After Patterson's year he surely needs to be higher. On the other hand guys like Barkley, Kamara, Swift and Gibson stunk last year. I mean, it's hard to put CEH above Barkley and Kamara, but I 'd put him ahead of the others. I don't like CEH but I've seen people saying they'd prefer Swift and I really don't see it.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:46 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Some of you guys are making a gallbladder sound like goddamn covid, monkey pox or Arkancide. It’s not a damn death sentence, especially when you have access to the best medical care on the face of the freaking earth. He has sucked, does suck and will suck. I’d rather have Larry Johnson back at this point and I was glad they cut his ass.
Right because an athlete in his prime will fair better after having an organ removed than an illness. The gallbladder is a key part of digestion. People often have issues with any foods containing fats for years afterwards. An athlete suddenly having to drastically alter his diet would absolutely affect energy levels and could make him feel pretty sick while his liver is adjusting to producing extra bile on the fly. No amount of expert care can predict exactly how a body will respond to stuff like this.
[Reply]
Page 247 of 295
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Up