ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 246 of 251
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Bills take the AFC this seasom
JustDíqLix 05:53 PM 08-21-2023
Are you ready for some football!?

I know I am!

With that, I am here to make a proclamation!

The mighty Bills from Buffalo will take the AFC this year.

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

Let’s go mighty Buffalo Bills! 🦬 🦬 🦬
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:21 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So we kill the Bills for losing their best defenders but not the Dolphins? They pretty much lost their entire DL plus 2 starting LB’s.

Christian Wilkins is gone, Jaelen Phillips ruptured his Achilles and probably won’t be what he was last year due to recovery and Bradley Chubb tore his ACL in January.

It’s entirely possible that Phillips and Chubb don’t even play the first half of the season.

But at least they got a rookie and washed Shaq Barrett :-)
You also have to factor in they will start tuning out that dweeb McDaniel VERY soon. He's no leader of men.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 AM 06-12-2024
So we kill the Bills for losing their best defenders but not the Dolphins? They pretty much lost their entire DL plus 2 starting LB’s.

Christian Wilkins is gone, Jaelen Phillips ruptured his Achilles and probably won’t be what he was last year due to recovery and Bradley Chubb tore his ACL in January.

It’s entirely possible that Phillips and Chubb don’t even play the first half of the season.

But at least they got a rookie and washed Shaq Barrett :-)
Where did I say that the Dolphins didn't get worse defensively?

The thing is, they were absolutely depleted down the stretch anyways, so year, Barrett and the guys they've added are at least better than the street FAs they were trotting out at the end of the season.

I was talking about the division as a whole though. It's not even debatable that the Jets and Pats got better.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:28 AM 06-12-2024
Yeah, with Rodgers effing around, hard to see the Jets winning that division, and the Dolphins are a big question for me.

Seems like the division might be an easier path for the Bills this year, even though the team may be taking a step back overall.

I'm skeptical Shakir can be quite as productive as he was in the second half of last season because he's going from being the slot guy to being THE guy.

I expect them to run a lot of 12 set stuff and try to emphasize Kincaid's role (buy Kincaid, buy Cook in fantasy), but I don't really view Dawson Knox as a difference maker on his own (he's a competent TE but more of a Noah Gray sort). But I don't know that Coleman can thrive outside as a rookie, and I don't know that Shakir can, either.

They've got a bunch of slots. Claypool is an outside guy, but other than that their next 3 receiving targets are really guys best employed from the slot.

That... uh... is interesting.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:32 AM 06-12-2024
Shitkur is a 3 at best on most teams.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:34 AM 06-12-2024
I’m a huge Drake Maye fan, but yeah they’re gonna bring him along slowly IMO. Patriots are rebuilding their team. Probably a 6 or 7 win team
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 AM 06-12-2024
What did Rodgers do? Miss a couple of OTA practices?

Seems like the typical overblown shit because he's become a villain for many.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:36 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What did Rodgers do? Miss a couple of OTA practices?

Seems like the typical overblown shit because he's become a villain for many.
Rodgers demanded they keep an OC the team was dissatisfied with, and there still isn't a real offensive line in front of him.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the Jets ain't winning that division.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 06-12-2024
I’m a huge Drake Maye fan, but yeah they’re gonna bring him along slowly IMO. Patriots are rebuilding their team. Probably a 6 or 7 win team
Well that would STILL be an improvement, from a team that split with the Bills last year, and were competitive in both games.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:37 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rodgers demanded they keep an OC the team was dissatisfied with, and there still isn't a real offensive line in front of him.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the Jets ain't winning that division.
They signed Smith and Moses. They have to stay healthy, but their OL improved significantly on paper.

OC could be an issue, but if Rodgers is healthy, they should still be so much better.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, with Rodgers effing around, hard to see the Jets winning that division, and the Dolphins are a big question for me.

Seems like the division might be an easier path for the Bills this year, even though the team may be taking a step back overall.

I'm skeptical Shakir can be quite as productive as he was in the second half of last season because he's going from being the slot guy to being THE guy.

I expect them to run a lot of 12 set stuff and try to emphasize Kincaid's role (buy Kincaid, buy Cook in fantasy), but I don't really view Dawson Knox as a difference maker on his own (he's a competent TE but more of a Noah Gray sort). But I don't know that Coleman can thrive outside as a rookie, and I don't know that Shakir can, either.

They've got a bunch of slots. Claypool is an outside guy, but other than that their next 3 receiving targets are really guys best employed from the slot.

That... uh... is interesting.
I just don't see how the path gets easier when half of the division is going from Zach Wilson and Mac Jones to Aaron Rodgers and Drake Maye.

The Billls lost to Wilson AND Jones last year too :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:58 AM 06-12-2024
If Miami stays healthy, I don't see why they won't be as good or better than the Bills. And the Jets could be better than either if Rodgers has a decent year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 06-12-2024
Rodgers is 40 coming off an achilles injury.

I'd guess it's more likely he's a shell than he's old Rodgers
[Reply]
In58men 10:06 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If Miami stays healthy, I don't see why they won't be as good or better than the Bills. And the Jets could be better than either if Rodgers has a decent year.
Call me crazy, but I’ll take Colts over Jets.

Anthony Richardson is that dude if he can stay healthy.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:08 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:

I was just going to say this. What are the expectations of an aging QB returning to play off a ruptured achilles? Maybe a healed achilles is as good as new, but it sounds like it would be something to worry about.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:09 AM 06-12-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:

I really don't see Rogers being bad. I could be wrong but that arrogant prick lives to be hated and I think it drives him to be better. I think he'll be the best QB in that division this year as far as passing stats go.
[Reply]
Page 246 of 251
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250 > Last »
Up