JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:25 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think some of you guys miss that Travis Kelce really needs to not be playing huge snap counts all the time.
This is what I believe.

Reid has to walk the line, because I'm pretty sure Travis doesn't want to come out ever, but yeah, he needs to spend some time on the sidelines.

Until the playoffs. Then unleash the rape.
[Reply]
wazu 11:27 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Kelce didn't look like hammered ass.

Big Bill will show you real hammered ass.
No joke. Kelce was the TE2 in fantasy football in spite of completely missing first game. Then went on to rack up 355 yards and 3 TDs in the playoffs.

I do think we need to be upgrading our WR options so that we are less dependent on him, but "hammered ass" is pretty harsh.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:29 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Wow, the rare player-for-player deal.

Rondale Moore going to ATL.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:29 AM 03-14-2024
I like that deal for both teams
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Wow, the rare player-for-player deal.

Rondale Moore going to ATL.
The Falcons are loading up on offense. Damn.
[Reply]
O.city 11:30 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I really want them (and maybe it's just Mahomes triggering some of those throws) to increase the pass catching of RBs.

Reid in Philly and when Jamaal was here was absolutely savage throwing the ball to RBs. They'd be wide open and run like deer just crushing the soul of a defense that covered pretty well.

But for whatever reason we haven't been doing it, and in a lot of cases I'm staring at my TV and thinking I'll take Jet for 5 with nobody around him rather than looking at Skyy for 10 with decent coverage. I know Mahomes is Mahomes, but Skyy is Skyy and Jet is Jet.

I wouldn't mind spending non-zero resources on a decent pass catching/blocking back that can run well enough to keep them honest and get some of the easy bullshit yards that Reid has gotten his whole career.

Maybe that guy is still Pacheco and we just need to do it. That one he had down the sideline in the playoffs was brutal to eat as a defense, so maybe it's just more of that.

All I know is especially when Reid was in Philly I'd watch their RBs put up big pass yards for incredibly easy catches and runs and get really jealous because almost all that time, we had better backs than they did, but Reid was demolishing bitches with his, and we were getting 4YPC on the ground with ours and our coaches were proud of themselves.

Especially last year, when everything was a ****ing labor, give me some easy shit. And I'm pretty confident some of it is Mahomes, and I don't want to turn Mahomes into Alex, but maybe just don't be afraid to trigger some of those.
I wouldn't hate it if we had a RB who could really move and do it. I don't think Pacheco is really good at it, but there are a few draftable guys that are.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:32 AM 03-14-2024
My opinion: Let's grab Mike Williams on a 1-yr deal and double dip at WR in the draft.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:37 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I really want them (and maybe it's just Mahomes triggering some of those throws) to increase the pass catching of RBs.

Reid in Philly and when Jamaal was here was absolutely savage throwing the ball to RBs. They'd be wide open and run like deer just crushing the soul of a defense that covered pretty well.

But for whatever reason we haven't been doing it, and in a lot of cases I'm staring at my TV and thinking I'll take Jet for 5 with nobody around him rather than looking at Skyy for 10 with decent coverage. I know Mahomes is Mahomes, but Skyy is Skyy and Jet is Jet.

I wouldn't mind spending non-zero resources on a decent pass catching/blocking back that can run well enough to keep them honest and get some of the easy bullshit yards that Reid has gotten his whole career.

Maybe that guy is still Pacheco and we just need to do it. That one he had down the sideline in the playoffs was brutal to eat as a defense, so maybe it's just more of that.

All I know is especially when Reid was in Philly I'd watch their RBs put up big pass yards for incredibly easy catches and runs and get really jealous because almost all that time, we had better backs than they did, but Reid was demolishing bitches with his, and we were getting 4YPC on the ground with ours and our coaches were proud of themselves.

Especially last year, when everything was a fucking labor, give me some easy shit. And I'm pretty confident some of it is Mahomes, and I don't want to turn Mahomes into Alex, but maybe just don't be afraid to trigger some of those.

you want that to happen, we need a deep threat to pull the safeties downfield. Someone the defense will respect. Otherwise, they'll do what they did last season, and just sit on the sticks, near the LoS, and effectively take the RB stuff away most of the time.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:39 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kelce is however old looking like hammered ass most of last year. I don't think he's got another full bore year in him.
Nearly 1000 yds, 93 catches (a number of them were clutch) and 5 TD's is hammered ass?
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 11:39 AM 03-14-2024

Mike Williams accumulated 108 receiving yards on vertical routes before tearing his ACL in Week 3 of the 2023 season.

Williams gained +421 receiving yards over expected on such routes from 2018-2022, 3rd-most in the NFL.
https://t.co/CoVAffG1bU pic.twitter.com/jH6HvjVhep

— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) March 13, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 11:41 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
My opinion: Let's grab Mike Williams on a 1-yr deal and double dip at WR in the draft.
Yes please.
[Reply]
wazu 11:43 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Nearly 1000 yds, 93 catches (a number of them were clutch) and 5 TD's is hammered ass?
Maybe O.city sees hammered ass as a good thing and meant it as a compliment. Like, "Man, if there's one thing in this world that I love it's a really well-hammered ass."
[Reply]
New World Order 11:43 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I’d pay Mike Williams a nice 1-year deal
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Maybe O.city sees hammered ass as a good thing and meant it as a compliment. Like, "Man, if there's one thing in this world that I love it's a really well-hammered ass."
I do like to stay mysterious
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:44 AM 03-14-2024

Not saying Travis looked like 'hammered ass.'

However,

Compare the first half of the season to the second half. There's a significant difference in production. And he didn't look like himself the first couple months. I mean, let's just be honest about it: Travis is 35. He isn't going to play like he's 25 ever again.
[Reply]
Page 245 of 365
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295345 > Last »
Up