View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 245 of 343
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
But I come back to, if that's the case and he's such a sought after asset.....why wouldn't we just keep him?
Because we have a HoF caliber Defensive tackle to sign and a Franchise QB on a veteran contract.

That's not the case for everyone else out there.

Other team simply have different roster makeup and cap breakdowns than we do. It's no different than the Tyreek Hill conversation last year.

At a point you can only do so much.

But if I'm betting, you see Jones and OBJ both get new deals this offseason. Sneed is a closer question - if I'm him, I probably try to make it to the market instead of extend early.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:55 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's not playing on the tag.

He's now made $20+ million in his NFL career. He had 1/4 of his career earnings prior to this year - any threat to sit out wasn't credible.

Now that he has 'walk away from the game and be set for life' money, a holdout threat is legit. He won't play on the tag next season. It's absolutely the least likely option.
Yeah. No possible chance he plays a single down on the tag after this year.

He’s proven himself in the last 2 years and deserves to be paid top of the market $.

If Brett is as smart as I think he is, he’s going to try to lock up Orlando for as many years as he can and I genuinely think Orlando wants that, too.

Like I said 10/250 with lots of piggy banks built in would be a game changer for both sides.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 11-30-2022
Some of this will be about info we aren't privy to. Was his knee injury really bothering him and causing the poor play and he's past that now and this is who he is?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 11-30-2022
They're not going to give anybody not named Mahomes a 10-year contract.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 11-30-2022
You lost me here.

Jones is MORE important, Sneed is probably AS important.

But those are definitely the top 3 items on my 'to do' list this offseason. Then you attack the DL and WR corps in the draft. And if you can't get a deal done with Brown by the draft, I honestly think you have to trade him. Because he has so damn much leverage in that event that you are truly up shits creek if he decides he wants to blow the market apart.

Because again - he absolutely will sit out if you tag him and don't get him extended. So where are you then?

It comes down to their ability to get Brown to engage. If they can't, they have to be willing to pursue Plan B.
Jones, yes, I agree wiht.

Sneed, nah I don't think so. LT is just such a big deal, especially in this offense, I don't think you can go into a situation where you're banking on the draft breaking your way for one.

In the event you can't get OBJ done here, you trade him and you aggressively pursue other options I guess, but with him being in the building now and ingrained in the system...man I dunno. I'd think they want him around.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Yeah. No possible chance he plays a single down on the tag after this year.

He’s proven himself in the last 2 years and deserves to be paid top of the market $.

If Brett is as smart as I think he is, he’s going to try to lock up Orlando for as many years as he can and I genuinely think Orlando wants that, too.

Like I said 10/250 with lots of piggy banks built in would be a game changer for both sides.
I think you're infinitely more likely to see Brown pursue a 3 year deal than a 10 year deal.

He's just a different cat. He seems completely unafraid of FA and more than happy to look to maximize his value at every turn. A 10 year deal doesn't jibe with any of that.

And frankly, that sort of deal would be awfully difficult for the Chiefs to manage. A 3 year deal is going to offer very little cap flexibility but I suspect that will be his plan.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 11-30-2022
Because we have a HoF caliber Defensive tackle to sign and a Franchise QB on a veteran contract.

Other team simply have different roster makeup and cap breakdowns than we do. It's no different than the Tyreek Hill conversation last year.

But if I'm betting, you see Jones and OBJ both get new deals this offseason. Sneed is a closer question - if I'm him, I probably try to make it to the market instead of extend early.
I'd like to have Sneed signed sooner than later in a Kelce kinda of situation. He was a late pick, doesn't have much money banked yet. I'd think he woudl be interested in an earlier than you think extension?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 AM 11-30-2022
:-) We already know that Veach brought in Brown with the expectations he'd sign a team friendly contract and that they were not so subtle in displaying their unhappiness that Brown and his agent weren't willing to meet their terms. Now you expect him to pivot off that and give him a market resetting deal after he's performed worse comparatively to 2021? Lolololol
[Reply]
RunKC 11:06 AM 11-30-2022

I agree with you that Brown Jr hiring an amateur agent at the eleventh hour was incredibly stupid and ruined the deal last Summer. I do think Veach has been talking to him about this though in terms of structure.

They’ll definitely push the Chris Jones and Brown Jr contracts out with long term slow building deals. Sneed and Juju will probably get deals too, though I’d think Juju will get the Sammy Watkins/Tyrann Matheiu 2 year deal dressed up as a 3 year deal.

We’re gonna lose guys bc of this. Willie Gay? Probably gone. Trey Smith? Probably gone. Joe Thuney will be let go likely after the end of next season.

And honestly FA just exhausts me. There’s rarely a truly great player available. I’d much rather fill holes with the McKinnon, Dunlap, MVS, Reid contracts that aren’t pushing us over the edge.

Just keep drafting well and it really doesn’t matter..
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 11-30-2022
He's not resetting the market.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:07 AM 11-30-2022
You lost me here.

Jones is MORE important, Sneed is probably AS important.

But those are definitely the top 3 items on my 'to do' list this offseason. Then you attack the DL and WR corps in the draft. And if you can't get a deal done with Brown by the draft, I honestly think you have to trade him. Because he has so damn much leverage in that event that you are truly up shits creek if he decides he wants to blow the market apart.

Because again - he absolutely will sit out if you tag him and don't get him extended. So where are you then?

It comes down to their ability to get Brown to engage. If they can't, they have to be willing to pursue Plan B.
Both Jones snd Sneed are under contract in 2023, so OBJ can be the focal point.

With agents knowing the cap will likely explode in 2024, they will likely be hesitant to agree to a deal tge year before their client is scheduled to hit the biggest FA period in history. Especially Jones, unless he gets an offer topping Donald’s…which he absolutely should. He’s a game wrecking fucking unicorn that breathes fire and puts fear in the eyes of opposing QBs.

I can see Sneed agreeing to a reasonable extension because his pockets are light and KC loves him…but it’s not a pressing issue and KC owns that leverage.

OBJ isn’t under contract next year snd absolutely won’t play a single down under the tag.

That makes his deal by far most important.

I’ve listened to Orlando and the dude WANTS a long term deal to stay in KC. I don’t think it’s going to be a negotiation that ends with him leaving KC. That just wouldn’t make sense.

10/250
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:08 AM 11-30-2022
And for the love of God, please miss me with the "but, but, but, injuries and losing weight" excuses. He's a fucking 6 foot 8 behemoth that fluctuates between 340 and 380. He's ALWAYS going to have these problems, especially in the lower extremities. That's the reality when you're a human that size.
[Reply]
O.city 11:09 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree with you that Brown Jr hiring an amateur agent at the eleventh hour was incredibly stupid and ruined the deal last Summer. I do think Veach has been talking to him about this though in terms of structure.

They’ll definitely push the Chris Jones and Brown Jr contracts out with long term slow building deals. Sneed and Juju will probably get deals too, though I’d think Juju will get the Sammy Watkins/Tyrann Matheiu 2 year deal dressed up as a 3 year deal.

We’re gonna lose guys bc of this. Willie Gay? Probably gone. Trey Smith? Probably gone. Joe Thuney will be let go likely after the end of next season.

And honestly FA just exhausts me. There’s rarely a truly great player available. I’d much rather fill holes with the McKinnon, Dunlap, MVS, Reid contracts that aren’t pushing us over the edge.

Just keep drafting well and it really doesn’t matter..
Positional value plays here.

I can find an athletic outside LB'er (just drafted one last year) and guards alot easier than I can find a LT>
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 11-30-2022
They're not giving a LT a 10 year deal. Why are we even discussing that?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) We already know that Veach brought in Brown with the expectations he'd sign a team friendly contract and that they were not so subtle in displaying their unhappiness that Brown and his agent weren't willing to meet their terms. Now you expect him to pivot off that and give him a market resetting deal after he's performed worse comparatively to 2021? Lolololol
Veach offered him a deal that was in no way “team friendly”. His average was going to be $23.1 million which is the highest at the position. His signing bonus was gonna be slightly more than Trent Williams.

The deal was set up to pay him $95 million in the first 3 years. What are you taking about? :-)
[Reply]
Page 245 of 343
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Up