ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 488
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:20 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Do what the Bengals did and drop 8 and let Patrick sit back there while you can double cover almost every receiver bc Andy won’t run the ball
It's not like Patrick hadn't seen that shit all season long. He had gotten to a point of perfection and was tearing that shit up. They did it the 1st half too and he tore them up. It had nothing to do with a lack of rushes. It was because we had some bad drops to begin the half and it snowballed into Mahomes looking as bad as he's ever looked.

Get over us not running the ball a ton. It's never going to happen and we shouldn't go to a run heavy offense ever, especially with Mahomes.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 03-22-2022
You two should be ashamed of yourself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's not like Patrick hadn't seen that shit all season long. He had gotten to a point of perfection and was tearing that shit up. They did it the 1st half too and he tore them up. It had nothing to do with a lack of rushes. It was because we had some bad drops to begin the half and it snowballed into Mahomes looking as bad as he's ever looked.

Get over us not running the ball a ton. It's never going to happen and we shouldn't go to a run heavy offense ever, especially with Mahomes.
Well said.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
You two should be ashamed of yourself.
Hey man, I raised two girls. No boys.

I know a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't and I'm all the better for it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 03-22-2022
You shoudl never be run heavy. But that situation, you've just got to hand it off a couple times. They were gashing them with McKinnon. Just keep doing it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hey man, I raised two girls. No boys.

I know a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't and I'm all the better for it.
I knew more Harry Potter before I ever had kids.

Maybe I'm the one who should be ashamed?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 AM 03-22-2022

This is why I didn't have a hard-on for JuJu.

"We need to figure out how to beat the cover 2!"

Guys - we figured out how to beat the cover 2. Mahomes was eviscerating it. Until he imploded in the 2nd half and no, SS wouldn't have done anything to prevent that. Nor would running the football.

Our quarterback, the guy who we built this entire roster around, shit the bed. And yeah, it happens sometimes.

What happened in that game doesn't mean anything as far as roster construction is concerned. It's simply a demonstration of what can go wrong in a win or go home playoff format.

But JuJu was cheap so whatever. If you think he can come in and produce - okay, he didn't cost much. Its worth a shot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is why I didn't have a hard-on for JuJu.

"We need to figure out how to beat the cover 2!"

Guys - we figured out how to beat the cover 2. Mahomes was eviscerating it. Until he imploded in the 2nd half and no, SS wouldn't have done anything to prevent that. Nor would running the football.

Our quarterback, the guy who we built this entire roster around, shit the bed. And yeah, it happens sometimes.

What happened in that game doesn't mean anything as far as roster construction is concerned. It's simply a demonstration of what can go wrong in a win or go home playoff format.

But JuJu was cheap so whatever. If you think he can come in and produce - okay, he didn't cost much. Its worth a shot.
Part of Pat shitting the bed, so to speak, was that he had guys like Hardman and Robinson open but just wouldn't press the ball to them. He obviously doesn't trust them, as evidenced by the ill-advised throw to Tyreek in OT.

It's entirely possible that all Juju does is give Pat more confidence. And at that price tag, a little peace of mind is WELL worth it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Part of Pat shitting the bed, so to speak, was that he had guys like Hardman and Robinson open but just wouldn't press the ball to them. He obviously doesn't trust them, as evidenced by the ill-advised throw to Tyreek in OT.

It's entirely possible that all Juju does is give Pat more confidence. And at that price tag, a little peace of mind is WELL worth it.
Sure.

But y'know what? Grow up, Pat.

Tom Brady threw to bags of microwaved dog shit with cleats for years. Sometimes you just have to figure out how to work with what you have.

The non-throw to Hardman was completely inexcusable. The Robinson one wasn't great either. And frankly, trust doesn't explain the fact that he had Kelce for the win and another conference championship. It was a throw he's made a dozen times.

Guy got mind-fucked. When he 'doesn't trust' Travis Kelce - then it ain't Travis Kelce he doesn't trust.

When you wake up in the morning and the first person you see is an asshole, that guy was probably an asshole. When you wake up in the morning and the first FIVE people you see are assholes, then YOU'RE probably the asshole.

Patrick Mahomes was the asshole in that game. It wasn't that he didn't trust Hardman or Robinson because lord knows he'd never lose trust in Kelce.

Kid didn't trust himself anymore. And it's hard to put a finger on why. You just figure that it's happened to everyone in this game and you move along.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:36 AM 03-22-2022
Sure.

Tom Brady threw to bags of microwaved dog shit with cleats for years. Sometimes you just have to figure out how to work with what you have.

The non-throw to Hardman was completely inexcusable. The Robinson one wasn't great either. And frankly, trust doesn't explain the fact that he had Kelce for the win and another conference championship. It was a throw he's made a dozen times.

Guy got mind-fucked. When he 'doesn't trust' Travis Kelce - then it ain't Travis Kelce he doesn't trust.

When you wake up in the morning and the first person you see is an asshole, that guy was probably an asshole. When you wake up in the morning and the first FIVE people you see are assholes, then YOU'RE probably the asshole.

Patrick Mahomes was the asshole in that game. It wasn't that he didn't trust Hardman or Robinson because lord knows he'd never lose trust in Kelce.

Kid didn't trust himself anymore. And it's hard to put a finger on why. You just figure that it's happened to everyone in this game and you move along.
I don't necessarily disagree.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:41 AM 03-22-2022

Nobody is saying to go to a run heavy offense.
[Reply]
threebag 08:42 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Lol

Geno Smith snd Drew Lock competing to be the starter?
A GoChiefs spankathon
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:44 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
A GoChiefs spankathon
I think Lock has a bit of a douche factor, but I do hope things can turn around for him... if he ends up doing well in SEA, that's cool with me. I just don't know if he's wired to be a leader at this level though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:50 AM 03-22-2022
Sure.

I really think it was just compounding bullshit starting with the end of that first half.

They didn’t come away with any points and that was a negative going into half. Then they came out and the drops started. The Bengals started coming back and the whole team thought “here we go again”. Pat probably got that losing streak in the beginning of the season stuck in his head and it just got worse from there.

I still put the loss at 80% Pat and 20% coaching staff. I know that for his short career that Reid has always said that he’ll let Pat pass himself out of a funk but at some point you have to pull him aside and adjust.

And I don’t think that’s the Pat we get moving forward. But everyone should be aware that the dude isn’t a literal God. He’s going to have bad games. And that wasn’t the first one of his career. He looked like shit against the Titans and he had some other halves that were almost as bad.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:51 AM 03-22-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I really think it was just compounding bullshit starting with the end of that first half.

They didn’t come away with any points and that was a negative going into half. Then they came out and the drops started. The Bengals started coming back and the whole team thought “here we go again”. Pat probably got that losing streak in the beginning of the season stuck in his head and it just got worse from there.

I still put the loss at 80% Pat and 20% coaching staff. I know that for his short career that Reid has always said that he’ll let Pat pass himself out of a funk but at some point you have to pull him aside and adjust.

And I don’t think that’s the Pat we get moving forward. But everyone should be aware that the dude isn’t a literal God. He’s going to have bad games. And that wasn’t the first one of his career. He looked like shit against the Titans and he had some other halves that were almost as bad.
Good post.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 488
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Up