ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 243 of 288
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:42 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
OBJ shitting himself
There was one play where Mahomes got hit, and it was because the rusher just blew by Orlando Brown, and CEH looked like he was caught off guard (even though he was in the backfield for the sole purpose of pass protection) and stood flat footed and tried to reach out to block the rusher.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:30 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

just an insane performance

he could have had two pretty bad picks, so that brings it down a bit

mecole also got fucking lazy on two deep balls
I remember one was an obvious offsides and Mahomes just threw it up for grabs.... he does this pretty often when he knows he's getting the ball back.

I forgot about the other "almost pick"
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:31 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
There was one play where Mahomes got hit, and it was because the rusher just blew by Orlando Brown, and CEH looked like he was caught off guard (even though he was in the backfield for the sole purpose of pass protection) and stood flat footed and tried to reach out to block the rusher.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
Yep, I'm guessing the coaches are going to reem him on that one while watching game film. It was pretty bad.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:48 AM 09-12-2022
OBJ shitting himself

You’re reaching on that play.

It was a slot corner blitz.

I didn’t think Brown had the best game, but need to watch again and see how much of the pressure was blitzing and how much was a straight pass rush.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:06 AM 09-12-2022
Eh, like Brown Jr to see that one a little sooner, but him recovering and getting that hand on the DB's shoulder actually saved that play. If he doesn't get a hand on him, that probably goes down as a sack.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
You’re reaching on that play.

That's exactly what was doing and almost fell over, they're going to scheme that on OBJ
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:43 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I remember one was an obvious offsides and Mahomes just threw it up for grabs.... he does this pretty often when he knows he's getting the ball back.

I forgot about the other "almost pick"
you're correct, i missed that live

the other was on that pass to gray in the end zone
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:53 AM 09-12-2022
you rang, m'lud?

There's open, NFL open, then there's Mahomes to Kelce open. Unreal
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:29 AM 09-12-2022
might be crazy here but....this movement looks super practiced, and not "spontaneous"

very interesting toe drag there - DJ, give us some insight

#infielderstuff

It's spontaneous but it isn't, if that makes any sense. I very much doubt he practices that anymore, but it didn't come naturally to him either. Playing infield for as long as he did, he's done that thousands of times on plays ranging to his left. He might do it a bit going to his right on the infield, but if you're going right, you probably need a little more ass into your throw and that doesn't quite work in baseball because you're moving away from the 1b bag (You'll raise that foot, plant and hop to re-set).

It's how you keep your base when you don't have time to re-set and you don't want to lose your momentum. If he raises that foot, he's throwing on one leg and that's not good. If he doesn't move that foot, he has to shut down his momentum. By just toe dragging it, he's able to continue his momentum and keep a decent base. I suspect it also creates a pivot point that helps you turn your shoulders.

I notice myself doing it during infield warmups on occasion. And perhaps not coincidentally, it's usually when I'm just looking to get a quick sidearm release.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's taught. I don't recall ever being taught to do it. But if you find yourself in that position often enough, your body just kinda does it for you. I think it's all about staying square and keeping your base.

Fellas - if you want your kids playing QB someday, have 'em playing infield. I see the 'modern' QB doing things that I picked up in little league damn near every week.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 09-12-2022
I'll say it without all the lawyer gobblygoo speak.

It's how you keep balance and torque enough to get anything on the throw.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, that was the throw of the game. Casual football watchers won't understand why because it wasn't really long and didn't end in with a touchdown, but it's absolutely amazing.
That's one of the best throws he's ever made.

The touch on that ball was just ridiculous. He just floated that thing in there; it wasn't so much a window as it was a keyhole. That was seemingly impossible.

And he did it like it was nothing. He never doubted that ball for a minute. He knew right where he wanted to place it and just did it. When the kid is playing with that kind of swagger, he's absolutely untouchable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:35 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'll say it without all the lawyer gobblygoo speak.

It's how you keep balance and torque enough to get anything on the throw.
The more I watch it, the more I think he did it to open his shoulders. With just that little toe-pick, it gives him a way to open his hips and keep his shoulders pointed downhill.

Without that back foot, what's he have to turn against? It didn't add any torque; he wasn't set on that leg at all. It just allowed him to open up and keep his shoulders square to the target for that little snap throw.

Like I said - I don't think he thought about it for an instant. I think his body just did it for him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The more I watch it, the more I think he did it to open his shoulders. With just that little toe-pick, it gives him a way to open his hips and keep his shoulders pointed downhill.

Without that back foot, what's he have to turn against?

Like I said - I don't think he thought about it for an instant. I think his body just did it for him.
He's coming down the line flat. As a QB in that situation, you're taught to get depth or try and be coming downhill so you can get velocity on the football. He uses the footwork we see there to do it.

It's physics. Every force needs an equal opposite force. I think. I don't remember physics very well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Mahomes knows the main defender is trailing running with his back to him and says yea Kelce got this shit.

Just amazing balls.
He's mentioned before that if he sees the defenders numbers, he presume the guy he's covering is 'open'.

I'm sure that's all that was. He saw a dude in trail with his nameplate facing the QB and said "yup, there's my bitch..."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 09-12-2022
OBJ shitting himself
Eh - OBJ didn't see the blitz until it was too late, but typically they say that it's the QBs job to pick up the blitzer anyway. And PM did.

No harm no foul, IMO. That's exactly what the QB is taught to do - see that guy flying off the corner and step up to use his momentum against him. OBJ was protecting Thuney's outside shoulder and just wasn't able to get out in time. Not the end of the world; he wasn't lost in space.

Hell, Mahomes reacted so smoothly to that blitz there's a decent chance that PM put OBJ into that protection with a little slide call. He very easily could've intended for exactly that scenario. "Just make sure that 3-tech doesn't kill my step up lane and I've got the rest". It would explain why OBJ looked at the 3-tech before getting deep.

That's a play that we just can't really draw conclusions from, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 243 of 288
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253 > Last »
Up