ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 243 of 335
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:32 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When you have a massive numbers advantage, why wouldn't you? Sure, you'll hit your guys, but each individual loss hurts them much more than it hurts you.

Seems pretty pragmatic to me. Afterall, There's a pretty solid chance that many of those guys get cut down anyway.
This tactic was also pretty common in medieval and modern warfare. In WW2 we (and other countries) bombed the hell out of cities/formations we had soldiers in.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:33 PM 06-20-2016
That's what they get for not popping smoke and declaring "danger close", obviously.
[Reply]
Buck 12:36 PM 06-20-2016
I did not wake up until 3 pm on Saturday afternoon. I decided at about 4 am Sunday morning that I would not sleep and stay up until the end of Sunday so I could get my sleep back on track.

I was incredibly worried throughout the day Sunday that I would be so out of it that I could not enjoy Game of Thrones.

Then I got the most fucking hype Sunday ever. The NBA Finals were amazing. I found myself cheering for Lebron for the first time in my life. I was incredibly happy for Clevelanders. I know what they're going through. I've never seen my town win a championship in 30 years and in the two chances I've had, my team has been blown the fuck out.

Luckily, that game energized me enough to watch Game of Thrones worry free and it fucking delivered. I was literally running on fumes, but as shit kept getting crazier I found myself getting closer and closer to my TV like I did when I was a child.

Amazing episode, amazing game, amazing day.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:37 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I was specifically talking about fighting but I still disagree with your take.
Yeah, Jon is a true badass with the Valyrian steel sword Longclaw, and we knew what kind of warrior Eddard was. Did we ever see Robb tested in single combat? The closest I can think of was when Jaime was coming at him in the Whispering Woods but didn't quite make it through all the guards Robb had, but they didn't even show that.

But yes, Ser Roddrick Cassel taught all those boys how to fight and fight well, even pre eunuch Theon.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:41 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, Jon is a true badass with the Valyrian steel sword Longclaw, and we knew what kind of warrior Eddard was. Did we ever see Robb tested in single combat? The closest I can think of was when Jaime was coming at him in the Whispering Woods but didn't quite make it through all the guards Robb had, but they didn't even show that.

But yes, Ser Roddrick Cassel taught all those boys how to fight and fight well, even pre eunuch Theon.
That and the experiences Jon had at the wall. Robb was never really in combat as just a foot soldier. However, it was Sansa that saved Jon's ass in the end
[Reply]
Hawk 12:42 PM 06-20-2016
https://imgur.com/a/R0din
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:43 PM 06-20-2016
That and the experiences Jon had at the wall. Robb was never really in combat as just a foot soldier. However, it was Sansa that saved Jon's ass in the end
Well, technically it was the army that she went and got that saved Jon's ass.
[Reply]
Hawk 12:43 PM 06-20-2016

[Reply]
Bowser 12:48 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
https://imgur.com/a/R0din
:-)

Originally Posted by Hawk:
https://i.imgur.com/zCtJF3r.mp4
Awesome.

Someone really needs to gif up the scene where Jon draws Longclaw and throws his scabbard away as he's facing down the charge of Ramsay's Calvary.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:16 PM 06-20-2016

Probably right but this show has a penchant for showing kings/military commanders right in the thick of things, often on the front lines.

I see no reason to assume Robb Stark wouldn't have been the same.
[Reply]
wazu 01:20 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Probably right but this show has a penchant for showing kings/military commanders right in the thick of things, often on the front lines.

In the books they made Robb out to be a sword swinging bad ass who was in the thick of fights. His dire wolf tore people apart as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:20 PM 06-20-2016

Might have been, I would even say he probably would have been. I just think throughout the show and books for the matter, Snow was more Ned than the others.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:23 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
In the books they made Robb out to be a sword swinging bad ass who was in the thick of fights. His dire wolf tore people apart as well.

I don't remember much about book Robb Stark because he was basically only talked about in-depth during Catelyn's shitty ass chapters and that really turned me off. She'd generally only talk about the reddishness of his hair and how young he looked and stupid shit like that. Fuck her chapters. They focused entirely too much on descriptors. What people were wearing, the scenery, etc.

I feel like it was heavily implied that he was warging Grey Wind on the battlefield though.
[Reply]
wazu 01:27 PM 06-20-2016
I don't remember much about book Robb Stark because he was basically only talked about in-depth during Catelyn's shitty ass chapters and that really turned me off. She'd generally only talk about the reddishness of his hair and how young he looked and stupid shit like that. Fuck her chapters. They focused entirely too much on descriptors. What people were wearing, the scenery, etc.

I feel like it was heavily implied that he was warging Grey Wind on the battlefield though.
There were legends told that Robb was always wherever the fight was thickest, and a couple of accounts of heroics. I got the impression the wolf was by his side for this, not being warged.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:28 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
There were legends told that Robb was always wherever the fight was thickest, and a couple of accounts of heroics. I got the impression the wolf was by his side for this, not being warged.

That would make way more sense. Bran seems to be the most powerful warg and even he's indisposed while warging.
[Reply]
Page 243 of 335
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Up