ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 242 of 335
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252292 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Hawk 11:14 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Actually, being like Ned is what got Robb killed.
I disagree. Ned would have honored his promise to the Freys.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:16 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I had the thought of Robb killing Lord Karstark in mind when I typed that. Agreed that Ned would have married one of Frey's brood.
[Reply]
wazu 11:17 AM 06-20-2016
Curious to see what Davos does with Melisandre. Seems many are expecting him to try to kill her. I'd normally disagree just based on how pragmatic Davos is, but they seem to be building towards some type of showdown.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:19 AM 06-20-2016
They showed Davos telling someone about what she did. My assumption is its Jon and Jon is going to either get rid of her or banish her.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:20 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Without a doubt.
[Reply]
wazu 11:20 AM 06-20-2016
And how about Ramsay raining arrows on his own men? Seemed insane even for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
And how about Ramsay raining arrows on his own men? Seemed insane even for him.
When you have a massive numbers advantage, why wouldn't you? Sure, you'll hit your guys, but each individual loss hurts them much more than it hurts you.

Seems pretty pragmatic to me. Afterall, There's a pretty solid chance that many of those guys get cut down anyway.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 11:36 AM 06-20-2016
I was expecting the arrows on his own men to sway the Umbers and/or Karstarks to abandon him, or possibly flip sides.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:56 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Jon is more like Ned than Rob ever was.
Jon is certainly more honorable but he's a bastard with something to prove. Switch the two and Robb may have been more like Ned.

On the battlefield, apparently they're all the creme de la creme. Ned led a successful rebellion, Robb never lost a battle and Jon's fought the undead.

Pretty interesting that honor got both Ned and Robb killed, only for completely opposite reasons.
[Reply]
eDave 12:09 PM 06-20-2016
Jon Snow getting trampled, then buried underneath bodies had me tapping out there.

augh. My worst nightmare is being buried alive. :shiver:

I was cheering that tactic by Ramsey's dudes. Encircle and apply pressure. Reminded me of the trash compactor scene in Star Wars for some reason.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:14 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Jon is certainly more honorable but he's a bastard with something to prove. Switch the two and Robb may have been more like Ned.

On the battlefield, apparently they're all the creme de la creme. Ned led a successful rebellion, Robb never lost a battle and Jon's fought the undead.

Pretty interesting that honor got both Ned and Robb killed, only for completely opposite reasons.
... don't forget Jon. He tried to do the honorable thing, and was killed for it as well.
[Reply]
wazu 12:21 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When you have a massive numbers advantage, why wouldn't you? Sure, you'll hit your guys, but each individual loss hurts them much more than it hurts you.

Seems pretty pragmatic to me. Afterall, There's a pretty solid chance that many of those guys get cut down anyway.
Showing zero regard for the lives of the soldiers you are leading is not pragmatic. If you're part of the force that hasn't moved in yet, what are you thinking watching that? How about if you're an archer, flinging arrows at people you know?
[Reply]
NewChief 12:28 PM 06-20-2016
In the love for the Battle of the Bastards, which was no doubt great, no one is commenting too much on the battle for Slaver's Bay. That whole sequence was fantastic.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:29 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Actually, being like Ned is what got Robb killed.
I was specifically talking about fighting but I still disagree with your take.
[Reply]
Swanman 12:31 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Jon is more like Lyanna than Rob ever was.
There that's better.
[Reply]
Page 242 of 335
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252292 > Last »
Up