View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 242 of 343
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252292342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:11 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Puts KC in a tough spot.

He's going to say that week 5+ is the player he actually is, that the first 4 weeks were him rounding into form after missing most of the offseason stuff and playing at a new weight.

He's going to ask for the deal he wanted. And probably be unwilling to play on the tag for a second time.

For the Chiefs, a top 10 LT who has been incredibly durable as a pro is good enough to sign to one of those huge deals, that technically gives him the highest AAV (until the next guy in that range signs a new deal). But they have to also look to the long-term future of Chris Jones while they're at it, while also retaining L'Jarius Sneed long-term.

But do they believe he IS that?
I imagine they will have to look at extending Creed and Trey at some point as well along with Bolton and Gay.
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 11-30-2022
Like we've talked about before, the thing with OBJ and the LT spot is the scarcity of it. There's just not many guys that can do that, so he's gonna have a good amount of leverage here.

The whole "bird in the hand" thing applies here, you have him or you can not have him and find another one in the draft or FA, but man, that could go sideways on you quick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:15 AM 11-30-2022
he has to stop hendrickson now, whoever the broncos throw at him, and whoever he sees in the playoffs: von, chubb, houston

if this guy gets roasted when it counts, fuck it, get rid of him, roll the dice on a rookie

we kind of lucked out because the best pass rushers in the afc aren't going to the postseason...doubtful judon gets there, crosby, bosa and garrett are out...a lot of dudes who have piled up sacks this year aren't going to the playoffs
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:16 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That’s big as we will need him down the stretch. From your observations of him since he turned the corner, is he worth a market reset contract?
I've already conceded that my math is completely hosed because I simply don't have a feel for what the 'new world' is with these projected cap explosions.

I honestly just don't know. If you can get him at 5-6 years on a 're-set' deal with the idea that time will have him more towards the 6-8 spot as more and more other LTs hit FA...um...okay, maybe.

But I just don't have a good feel for what the top of the market even is anymore.

I'll say this - if he plays like this for the rest of the season and through the playoffs? Yeah, you pay the guy. This is a Pro Bowl level of performance from a guy who's seemingly found his way in an offense that seems particularly ill-suited for his skills. That's pretty damn impressive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he has to stop hendrickson now, whoever the broncos throw at him, and whoever he sees in the playoffs: von, chubb, houston

if this guy gets roasted when it counts, fuck it, get rid of him

we kind of lucked out because the best pass rushers in the afc aren't going to the postseason...doubtful judon gets there, crosby, bosa and garrett are out...a lot of dudes who have piled up sacks this year aren't going to the playoffs
I think this is the case, yes.

What he's done is put the matter back in question. That's a feat in its own right.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:22 AM 11-30-2022
He's gotta show me he can win against the elite pass rushers in this league or I wouldn't even blink in saying no to an elite contract for him. That has not happened yet. Prove it big fella, or pack your Gucci.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:27 AM 11-30-2022

if this guy gets roasted when it counts, **** it, get rid of him, roll the dice on a rookie

He handled Hendrickson extremely well in the playoffs. Stat line shows him with 1.5 sacks, but those were coverage/Mahomes sacks, not him beating Brown cleanly.

His ability to completely shut off power rush attempts IS valuable. And he looks to have retained that despite the focus on getting lighter and quicker.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He's gotta show me he can win against the elite pass rushers in this league or I wouldn't even blink in saying no to an elite contract for him. That has not happened yet. Prove it big fella, or pack your Gucci.
That's a bit of a moving target.

He played awfully well against Bosa and absolutely stonewalled Josh Allen. Mack didn't do anything against him in the Chargers game even though he was moving around the formation. Tennessee has one of the more difficult pass rush units in the league and he played well there as well.

I mean - prior to the Rams game, this would've been a series of games we pointed to as being big time challenge games for him.

And in those games, he played well. And for the last 2, he has been genuinely outstanding.
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He played awfully well against Bosa and absolutely stonewalled Josh Allen. Mack didn't do anything against him in the Chargers game even though he was moving around the formation. Tennessee has one of the more difficult pass rush units in the league and he played well there as well.

I mean - prior to the Rams game, this would've been a series of games we pointed to as being big time challenge games for him.

And in those games, he played well. And for the last 2, he has been genuinely outstanding.
I may be speaking out of turn here, but I think kccrow has kinda planted his flag in the "dont' pay no matter what he does" territory.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 AM 11-30-2022
He handled Hendrickson extremely well in the playoffs. Stat line shows him with 1.5 sacks, but those were coverage/Mahomes sacks, not him beating Brown cleanly.
i'm gonna disagree with you there

they had to move a tight end over to help by the end of the game

brown did not have a good playoff game - hendrickson had a pass rush win rate of 33%
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:51 AM 11-30-2022
i'm gonna disagree with you there

they had to move a tight end over to help by the end of the game

brown did not have a good playoff game - hendrickson had a pass rush win rate of 33%
I forced myself to watch that game a second time, specifically watching what was going on in the second half, and I don't remember thinking Brown was an issue (he pancaked Hendrickson several times). I remember chalking up some pressures that resulted from Mahomes holding the ball too long/being indecisive.

But that was a long time ago, and I was still bummed (and honestly shocked at what I was seeing from Mahomes. It was Alex Smith-type hesitance with the ball). So maybe not the most reliable read.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:52 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Moving target?

Bosa didn't play in the 2nd matchup. He was okay but pressure was an issue the first go with LA.

Josh Allen isn't near elite.

Like you said, Mack moved around a lot but I can give some kudos on this one.

Tennessee doesn't have an elite pass rusher, or really much in terms of Edge talent overall given Landry has been out all year.

And you absolutely can't ignore the first 2/3 of the season as pretty bad as a rule, especially on the pressure front.

I'd argue he's had it pretty easy in this "resurgence" of sorts.
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 11-30-2022
I'd guess he means SF Bosa.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Moving target?

Bosa didn't play in the 2nd matchup. He was okay but pressure was an issue the first go with LA.

Josh Allen isn't near elite.

Like you said, Mack moved around a lot but I can give some kudos on this one.

Tennessee doesn't have an elite pass rusher, or really much in terms of Edge talent overall given Landry has been out all year.

And you absolutely can't ignore the first 2/3 of the season as pretty bad as a rule, especially on the pressure front.

I'd argue he's had it pretty easy in this "resurgence" of sorts.
Nick Bosa (not Joey).

Though for the most part he was just terrorizing Wylie, I recall him lining up over OBJ several times as well.

And while I'm inclined to agree with you that Allen isn't a top 3 guy - he's a top 20 guy pretty easily, IMO. That's a strong player - I don't think you jus hand waive that kind of effort especially when it was so clearly in Brown's favor.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:59 AM 11-30-2022
I forced myself to watch that game a second time,
Are you okay?
[Reply]
Page 242 of 343
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252292342 > Last »
Up