ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 241 of 300
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
wbbonneriii 06:30 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
I wouldn't call 43-8 a heated rivalry
Yeah that 29 point loss in Lubbock this year proves this isn’t a rivalry…ha!!
[Reply]
BWillie 06:52 PM 03-09-2024
The solace of our season....

Tune in tonight to watch Missouri lose to LSU to go 0-18
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 07:00 PM 03-09-2024
Damn lol… getting donkey punched.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:19 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
Yeah that 29 point loss in Lubbock this year proves this isn’t a rivalry…ha!!
Rivalry......:-)
[Reply]
Ceej 07:24 PM 03-09-2024
This is the least interested I've been in a KU team in years.

And this was before the season even began.

Onto next year - snag McNeeley, and try to avoid incoming transfers from smaller D1 schools.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:30 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by Ceej:
This is the least interested I've been in a KU team in years.

And this was before the season even began.

Onto next year - snag McNeeley, and try to avoid incoming transfers from smaller D1 schools.
They're still going to have the problem of not enough shooting on next year's team with Harris, KJ, and Dickinson (presumably) returning as starters and I don't see much way of solving that.
[Reply]
Ceej 07:33 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They're still going to have the problem of not enough shooting on next year's team with Harris, KJ, and Dickinson (presumably) returning as starters and I don't see much way of solving that.
Can't really make that call without seeing how the offseason goes.

And I'm willing to bet Passmore, Philon, Bidunga, (potentially McNeeley) will have a greater impact than Furphy, McDowell, Jackson, Braun and Timberlake have had.
[Reply]
Ceej 07:35 PM 03-09-2024
I think this team was doomed as soon as Morris decided to make a poor choice.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:37 PM 03-09-2024
Can't really make that call without seeing how the offseason goes.

And I'm willing to bet Passmore, Philon, Bidunga, (potentially McNeeley) will have a greater impact than Furphy, McDowell, Jackson, Braun and Timberlake have had.
At least 3 non-shooters (if you count Dickinson as a non-shooter; he certainly hasn't been a good one in the 2nd half of the year) in the starting lineup is always going to be an issue in this day and age of NCAA basketball.

Also I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Bidunga staying after Dickinson commits to return.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:38 PM 03-09-2024
I think this team was doomed as soon as Morris decided to make a poor choice.
Most likely, but I'd certainly have liked to see them at full strength in the tournament. Their starting five when healthy can probably only be topped by UConn in the country.

That's obviously not gonna happen now though.
[Reply]
Ceej 07:39 PM 03-09-2024
At least 3 non-shooters (if you count Dickinson as a non-shooter; he certainly hasn't been a good one in the 2nd half of the year) in the starting lineup is always going to be an issue in this day and age of NCAA basketball.

Also I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Bidunga staying after Dickinson commits to return.
The lack of shooters is a concern, yes. But, we need a guard who can get into the paint and score the damn ball.

I'm hoping Philon is that guy.

Also, isn't Bidunga 6'9" - could he potentially play the 4 with HD at the 5 next year?

I have high hopes with the incoming class, but I forget how HCBS treats most of the incoming freshman.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:41 PM 03-09-2024
The lack of shooters is a concern, yes. But, we need a guard who can get into the paint and score the damn ball.

I'm hoping Philon is that guy.

Also, isn't Bidunga 6'9" - could he potentially play the 4 with HD at the 5 next year?

I have high hopes with the incoming class, but I forget how HCBS treats most of the incoming freshman.
A senior KJ Adams has a lock on the starting 4 spot on a Bill Self team and Dickinson is one of the top players in the country at the 5. I think he'd just transfer out as soon as that news comes down.
[Reply]
Ceej 07:43 PM 03-09-2024
A senior KJ Adams has a lock on the starting 4 spot on a Bill Self team and Dickinson is one of the top players in the country at the 5. I think he'd just transfer out as soon as that news comes down.
That read like I assumed Bidunga would start over KJ - not the case. Sorry for not being more clear.

But, minutes can be had next year in KU's frontcourt.

Just depends if Bidunga is okay with coming off the bench, assuming HD returns.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:45 PM 03-09-2024
That read like I assumed Bidunga would start over KJ - not the case. Sorry for not being more clear.

But, minutes can be had next year in KU's frontcourt.

Just depends if Bidunga is okay with coming off the bench, assuming HD returns.
That's a pretty tough sell for a prospect of that level who presumably has NBA aspirations in a year.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 08:02 PM 03-09-2024
Self has some work to do this offseason. Can’t start both of KJ and Juan next year. One has to sit because you can’t have two shitty offensive players on the court at the same time. The spacing is atrocious. I’d replace both of them but that’s just me. I can’t stand watching 3 on 5 basketball lol.
[Reply]
Page 241 of 300
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291 > Last »
Up