View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 241 of 343
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:33 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It’s an interesting situation because they obviously learned OL is a priority after the 2020 season so available options may be enough to get OBJ paid.

You don’t let him walk unless you have a plan and they offered big money to Williams and decent money to OBJ so they are willing to pay to an extent.
Well you should have a plan B regardless. If he wants to be the highest paid LT with long term guarantees and his play is inconsistent and/or the team has doubts about committing long term, yeah you need a plan besides meet whatever Brown demands.

I mean, I'm not convinced that signing Brown is categorically wrong, but this idea that we have to know who the exact person who is going to replace him at this time or else, seems strange to me.

As does the notion that his replacement has to better as opposed to just being cheaper. Or a cheaper stopgap even if that isn't ideal.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:35 PM 11-21-2022
I’ve said since day 1 that I could see him adjusting to playing at a lighter weight and as he’s adjusted and refined his technique, he’s continued to me more and more effective. He keeps improving and played at an elite level against LAC.

Here are his week to week grades through the season.

This guy is going to reset the LT market, for sure. He’s earning it.
Attached: B29C35FC-7125-4F69-BDC4-170622D4C25F.jpg (37.2 KB) 
[Reply]
oldman 11:38 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He looked really good, but so did Wiley.
I think you need to review the game winning drive. McKinnon either chipped or stayed in to help Wylie on every play.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:42 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think you need to review the game winning drive. McKinnon either chipped or stayed in to help Wylie on every play.
Could be. I simply remember him locking up his guy whenever I watched him and that seemed better than usual.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:02 AM 11-22-2022
He's been good all year. You all are just stupid as fuck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No, he really hasn't been.

And at various times throughout the season he's been flat-ass bad.

But the last 3 weeks he's been good and in the last 2 he's been very good.

Trying to claim he's been good all year doesn't give due credit to the improvements he's made as the season has progressed.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:12 AM 11-22-2022
He was pretty close to terrible the first month.

He lost a ton of weight in the offseason and looked like he was learning to play in a totally new body and guys were going right past him, routinely.

Right now, though. The guy that’s playing LT for us the last 3 weeks or so has been pro bowl caliber. The guy that played last week was all pro caliber.

I’m excited to see how lethal he’s going to become if he keeps improving.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:10 AM 11-28-2022
is he gay?

NTTAWWT

[Reply]
TEX 04:30 AM 11-28-2022
He's been good all year. You all are just stupid as ****.
No he hasn't....You are either blind as **** and / or missed the first 6 weeks of the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:30 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Trey Smith was killing fools out there as well
Donald pushed his shit in hard a couple of times but overall he won more snaps than he lost.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:33 AM 11-28-2022
He sucks. That's a fact at this point and we should find a better one.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:36 AM 11-28-2022
I know I'm talking about Brett Veach here, and the cap magic Veach has performed over the years has been nothing short of innovative.

That being said, they're on the verge of extending Chris Jones this offseason. Aaron Donald rakes in $31m/year, and it would shock me if they locked down Chris Jones for less than $28m/year. Honestly Jones may ask to reset the market.

If that's the case, I don't know how you reset the market with Orlando Brown. He either has to come down, or you risk him sitting out when you tag him again.

Tagging him would be the best scenario, if he agrees to play: it would be the cheapest option, and (a.) you could draft a stud tackle in the 1st this year and Eric Fisher him, by letting the established vet man LT for a year while the RT gets acclimated, or (b.) you could extend Brown in the 2024 offseason, allowing you to stagger some of those massive cap hits between him and Jones.

The odds that you sign both of those guys this offseason, and have their big cap hits crash in simultaneously, doesn't seem tenable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 11-30-2022
Re-watch complete.

Orlando was a wall in pass pro this week - very possibly the best single week of pass blocking I've seen from him.

He's a different player at the moment than he was in the first 4 weeks. He actually started to turn the corner a little against the Raiders and maybe stalled a bit against Buffalo, but from SF forward, he's really been outstanding in pass pro.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:09 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Re-watch complete.

Orlando was a wall in pass pro this week - very possibly the best single week of pass blocking I've seen from him.

He's a different player at the moment than he was in the first 4 weeks. He actually started to turn the corner a little against the Raiders and maybe stalled a bit against Buffalo, but from SF forward, he's really been outstanding in pass pro.
Puts KC in a tough spot.

He's going to say that week 5+ is the player he actually is, that the first 4 weeks were him rounding into form after missing most of the offseason stuff and playing at a new weight.

He's going to ask for the deal he wanted. And probably be unwilling to play on the tag for a second time.

For the Chiefs, a top 10 LT who has been incredibly durable as a pro is good enough to sign to one of those huge deals, that technically gives him the highest AAV (until the next guy in that range signs a new deal). But they have to also look to the long-term future of Chris Jones while they're at it, while also retaining L'Jarius Sneed long-term.

But do they believe he IS that?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:09 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Re-watch complete.

That’s big as we will need him down the stretch. From your observations of him since he turned the corner, is he worth a market reset contract?
[Reply]
Page 241 of 343
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Up