ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 240 of 335
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Hawk 09:02 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Why would Sansa not tell Snow about a potential entire army option that was one day away ...they were sitting around talking strategy the night before. Retarded...

The writing hasn't been on point this entire season...pretty stupid, actually, compared to the past. Finding dragon mother's ring in a gigantic field? Give me a break...believable if I were 13 or my intelligence was compromised by generic, daytime soap opera narratives.

GOT has no script anymore..and it showing pretty hard. I would rather they take two years off and complete this series proper...
Either she didn't tell him because she wasn't sure if LF was coming, and she didn't want to have to explain why she turned away LF in the firstplace, or to have Jon think he might show in case he didn't. Or she didn't tell him because she was playing the game and knew that if the Vale army showed too soon, Ramsay would not bring his army out of winterfell to face them in the field, so she sacrificed the wildlings (and potentially Jon) to draw him out. Pretty sure it's the first option though, since she did try to get Jon to wait.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:13 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Is that a bad thing?
Yeah, seems a good match to have a ruling team.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:18 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, seems a good match to have a ruling team.
Only problem is that the Mormonts are a fairly small house with lower social status compared to a major house. Then again after the Starks have retaken the north, they could see their stature increase as other houses that sided with the Boltons are punished by being stripped of land and/or title.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Only problem is that the Mormonts are a fairly small house with lower social status compared to a major house. Then again after the Starks have retaken the north, they could see their stature increase as other houses that sided with the Boltons are punished by being stripped of land and/or title.
Yeah, there were what, 5 or 6 houses that stayed Stark? I can't imagine they won't become the most powerful houses in the north if they survive the War for the Dawn.
[Reply]
RaiderH8r 09:28 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
You would think mother****ers would have learned after last week to quit dreaming up these theories about Arya's storyline.

Face it, there was a bit of crappy writing, but at least Arya got revenge on the Waif.
I'm with you. Arya's one of my favorite characters and, as I read the books, I was excited to learn more about her path with the FM. But as the show's gone on it is clear to me that Martin didn't have an end game in mind with this arc so the showrunners were left with staying true to the books for a spell and have done their best to reintegrate her character into the show in a meaningful way. Which I appreciate and hope means she is integral to the final outcome of the story. Because the alternate, and easy route, would be to have her whacked and return to the rest of the story. Just rip the band aid off, cop to the crappy arc, and move on. But they didn't so I'm optimistic she does some cool shit going forward.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:28 AM 06-20-2016
Yeah, I doubt Bear Island is all they have coming out of this. There's some Karstark, Umber and Manderly lands ripe for the picking.
[Reply]
RaiderH8r 09:36 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
re: political ramifications:

I'm calling my shot: if the Lady Bear Mormont is to have any more of a presence -on screen or otherwise- it'll be because she helps seal an alliance with the Vale by being promised to Robyn Arryn.
And she'll peg his dumb little ass and send him to play with his dolls while she just runs shit.

This whole show is setting up for women to run everything. Which is fine but could Martin be any more transparent in his desperate desire to get laid? Such a cliche' for a D&D nerd.

It's like live action Heavy Metal. Big tits, warrior queens, big tits.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:38 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Yeah, I doubt Bear Island is all they have coming out of this. There's some Karstark, Umber and Manderly lands ripe for the picking.
I think the Manderly's stayed neutral. So they might not be punished as heavily. I think the Wildlings, or at least Tormund, will be offered a lordship. So far it looks like Bolton, Umber, and Karstark lands will be up for grabs.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:40 AM 06-20-2016
I think the Manderly's stayed neutral. So they might not be punished as heavily. I think the Wildlings, or at least Tormund, will be offered a lordship. So far it looks like Bolton, Umber, and Karstark lands will be up for grabs.
Probably Gliver since he was a dick to Sansa.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:00 AM 06-20-2016
About the next episode Winds of Winter:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:04 AM 06-20-2016
By the way, Jon really strapped on his shitkickers this episode. He's turned into quite a man.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:08 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
By the way, Jon really strapped on his shitkickers this episode. He's turned into quite a man.
True.

That is the difference between Jon and Dany's story. Jon is still maturing and making mistakes and having setbacks. Whenever Dany makes a mistake she always come out better from it through almost sheer blind luck rather than any activity on her part.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:12 AM 06-20-2016
True.

That is the difference between Jon and Dany's story. Jon is still maturing and making mistakes and having setbacks. Whenever Dany makes a mistake she always come out better from it through almost sheer blind luck rather than any activity on her part.
Speaking of blind luck, Jon was incredibly stupid and fell right into Ramsay's trap. By the grace of the old gods and the new he survived all of that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:13 AM 06-20-2016
It's hard to "lose" when you've got the three single-most dangerous weapons in all of Planetos at your command. Aerial assault in this story is ridiculously unfair.

It was good to see that whole thing come together, though. It's crazy how much smaller Rhaegal and Viserion are than Drogon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Speaking of blind luck, Jon was incredibly stupid and fell right into Ramsay's trap. By the grace of the old gods and the new he survived all of that.
The thing that bugged me most of all in the episode was the kill-shot on Wun Wun.

Jon's forces had already stormed the grounds and surrounded Ramsey. Meanwhile, Ramsey draws back on his bow and fires a shot. Now sure, he was aiming at Wun Wun, but nobody had any reason to know that shot didn't have Jon Snow's name on it.

And they let him get the shot off? Moreover, he doesn't off Snow with it?

Nit picky, to be sure. But c'mon; the guy had an open shot on Snow (who you know he wants to kill) and not only is he allowed to take it, but instead he uses it on a giant that's already going to die.
[Reply]
Page 240 of 335
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290 > Last »
Up