ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 29
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Bearcat 12:18 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
It is kind of a big deal. This shows me it was rushed with very little interaction with the City by the architects and royals. Abandonment of public right of way is not an easy process. Also even if that abandonment is approved it doesn't go to Sherman unless he is the sole owner of the properties adjacent to each side of the right-of-way centerline.
I've wondered about that part since these things always make it seem like a predetermined thing that stuff is going to get built no matter what (outside of every once in a while where someone kept their house in a redeveloped area)..

And I get the whole trust thing with knowing whether they're just winging all of it or have some kind of plan... if it was "oh by the way, we found out we can't build there and we're going to tear down the river market, but thanks for the money!".... yeah, that's a big deal.

The nuances of whether a street will remain open at this stage... :-)
[Reply]
srvy 01:03 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've wondered about that part since these things always make it seem like a predetermined thing that stuff is going to get built no matter what (outside of every once in a while where someone kept their house in a redeveloped area)..

And I get the whole trust thing with knowing whether they're just winging all of it or have some kind of plan... if it was "oh by the way, we found out we can't build there and we're going to tear down the river market, but thanks for the money!".... yeah, that's a big deal.

The nuances of whether a street will remain open at this stage... :-)
Well your priorities suck then it seems. Closing off a street that has the largest Downtown employers City Hall Jackson County Courthouse Federal office and Courthouse along with all the support buildings that accompany the Federal City and County Government :-) right dammit we got baseball here.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:08 PM 03-27-2024
Well your priorities suck then it seems. Closing off a street that has the largest Downtown employers City Hall Jackson County Courthouse Federal office and Courthouse along with all the support buildings that accompany the Federal City and County Government :-) right dammit we got baseball here.
Good news, they're keeping it open. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:56 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Who the fuck gives a shit if they slightly modify their plans for Oak Street... isn't that a good thing? :-) :-)

Start building and block Oak St: OMG why didn't they think about this?!?

Change a plan after looking at it: OMG, what a mess!

...I'd love a job in an industry where projects never change course, even a tiny bit, lmk.
It probably shouldn't be up for a vote if they're still making changes that drastic, though.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:45 AM 03-27-2024
It takes a lot of nerve for an organization as terrible as the Royals to ask for taxpayer dollars to be used to build a home for their shitty team.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:26 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
It takes a lot of nerve for an organization as terrible as the Royals to ask for taxpayer dollars to be used to build a home for their shitty team.
This too... Rep!
[Reply]
Kman34 12:09 PM 03-27-2024
Jackson county is voting on a tax continuation not a stadium plan.. They can put the stadium where they want in the county and change plans at will..
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:42 PM 03-27-2024
The Colosseum had games for over 500 years. We should try to make stadiums like that instead of ones that need to be replaced every 50-60 years.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:09 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Colosseum had games for over 500 years. We should try to make stadiums like that instead of ones that need to be replaced every 50-60 years.
I would go for this.
Attached: Stadium.jpg (58.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:14 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I would go for this.

Party like it's 1979. Also good to see Generative AI can't deal with the concept of a batter's eye.
[Reply]
nychief 01:05 PM 03-27-2024
How much money and civic recognition have the Royals and Chiefs brought to the city over the years? I'd like to see those numbers.
[Reply]
srvy 01:07 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
How much money and civic recognition have the Royals and Chiefs brought to the city over the years? I'd like to see those numbers.
How bout you worry about your own wreck of a City?
[Reply]
nychief 01:42 PM 03-27-2024
How bout you worry about your own wreck of a City?

Um. Eat my ass. My family has been in KC since it's founding for Christ's sake.
The question still stands, how much money and civic recognition do these business bring to the city and region? I'd like some numbers, but assume it is substantial.

Anyway, I love all the associate degree libertarians that come out of the woodwork for a fucking extension of a 15 year old 5/8th a cent tax.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:50 PM 03-27-2024
The question still stands, how much money and civic recognition do these business bring to the city and region? I'd like some numbers, but assume it is substantial.
Your assumption is wrong.
[Reply]
srvy 03:07 PM 03-27-2024
Um. Eat my ass. My family has been in KC since it's founding for Christ's sake.

Anyway, I love all the associate degree libertarians that come out of the woodwork for a fucking extension of a 15 year old 5/8th a cent tax.
Well have your family come in and post the question. We don't have time for quitters.

As for the ass eating well keep those proclivities to yourself. I have high confidence your desires can be filled by a step outside in the NYC streets.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 29
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up