ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 192
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:36 PM 12-18-2023
Arrowhead Addicts recent 3-RD Mock has the Chiefs trading down:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:40 PM 12-18-2023
I see a lot of Mocks giving DET a 1st RD WR, I wonder if Jameson Williams could be our next reclamation project similar to Toney. Worth noting they have the cap space to absorb Chris Jones' contract as well.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:10 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Draft 2, Brown in FA, I reckon we're good. Assume one of the draftees is a dud but man it is SOOOO deep this year we've got to find someone. I'd happily "waste" a pick on a second WR this year. If we swing twice and miss on both, yeah, people can s*** on Veach at that point, because it would be pretty bad.
I'm not very interested Brown. Not interested in Mooney at all.

Give me Tee Higgins and maybe a lower end WR like Van Jefferson or Parris Campbell. With a draft pick like Jermaine Burton who has speed to stretch the field and the moxie ready for NFL DB's.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:37 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
I'm not very interested Brown. Not interested in Mooney at all.

Give me Tee Higgins and maybe a lower end WR like Van Jefferson or Parris Campbell. With a draft pick like Jermaine Burton who has speed to stretch the field and the moxie ready for NFL DB's.

The Bengals are almost assuredly tagging and trading Tee Higgins. Who else are they going to tag, Reader?

I see a lot of Chiefs fans lusting after him. They’re setting themselves up for disappointment.

It’s interesting you’re not interested in Mooney but very interested in Campbell.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:58 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Bengals are almost assuredly tagging and trading Tee Higgins. Who else are they going to tag, Reader?

I see a lot of Chiefs fans lusting after him. They’re setting themselves up for disappointment.

It’s interesting you’re not interested in Mooney but very interested in Campbell.
I would rather be disappointed and entertain the option than not entertaining it as an option entirely. If they tag him oh well, moving on.

It's not interesting at all. Mooney projects to be 3 times the price of Campbell. I'll take a hard pass on Mooney for 10m per year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
I would rather be disappointed and entertain the option than not entertaining it as an option entirely. If they tag him oh well, moving on.

It's not interesting at all. Mooney projects to be 3 times the price of Campbell. I'll take a hard pass on Mooney for 10m per year.

I think Spotrac is way, way off on what Mooney will actually get, but time will tell.
[Reply]
smith11 04:37 AM 12-20-2023
would steelers george pickens be worth pursuing in a trade---great talent but seems to have a real diva attitude...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:38 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by smith11:
would steelers george pickens be worth pursuing in a trade---great talent but seems to have a real diva attitude...
Maybe, but then you'd have to deal with his diva attitude.

I wonder if we couldn't pry Jameson Williams from DET.

What other realistic trade candidates might be out there?

-Jameson Williams, DET
-George Pickens, PIT
-?
-?
-?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:53 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

-Jameson Williams, DET
-George Pickens, PIT
-?
-?
-?
I think Rashod Bateman, Hunter Renfrow, and Jerry Jeudy, though not sure we'd want to entertain Jeudy.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:58 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think Spotrac is way, way off on what Mooney will actually get, but time will tell.
That's fine. You are more than welcome to think that. I will lean on those that have a little more insight into potential contract numbers than what my feels as a fan are. But like you say, only time will tell.

Essentially what you are saying in your 2 posts to me is that Spotrac is overvaluing Mooney at 10m while at the same time undervaluing Tee Higgins at 16.5m without any evidence other than your own internal feelings. I'm just not going to get that emotional about it and not to let my feelings get in the way.

My feelings says Mooney isn't worth 5m. But that is just my feelings and has no real insight into that belief. Unless I have been in privy to any internal discussions within any organziation on Mooney, I'm going to rely upon a resource other than my feelings.

Other than that, considering that MVS may not be back. The need for someone to fill that role is needed. Those at the top, like Harrison, Nabers, Oduze, Egbuka are all likely out of reach in our present draft position. That leaves us with Worthy, Franklin, Burton, maybe Thomas Jr. as potential late day 1 or day 2 targets.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:22 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think Rashod Bateman, Hunter Renfrow, and Jerry Jeudy, though not sure we'd want to entertain Jeudy.
I like Pickens or Williams as trade candidates.

I like Ridley and Brown as FAs.

I like Coleman or Legette in the draft.

Currently.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:23 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Wish GB would part with oft injured Christian Watson, but I don't see why they would.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:31 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

-Jameson Williams, DET
-George Pickens, PIT
-?
-?
-?
I think I would give Minnesota a call and see about Justin Jefferson. He is 24. Will be on his 5th year option next year. And they weren’t able to come to a deal this past summer. Might be a quick “no” from the Vikes. But if they seem even remotely interested, I’d make him priority number one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:23 PM 12-20-2023
The more I look at the class, the more evenly situated I think most of these guys are after Nabers.

I think you have 2 guys at the top and then probably Odunze nearer them than he is everyone else. But then i think I see maybe 6 guys who are a little different in the margins but nobody is clearly BETTER than the rest.

Egbuka is probably my favorite of that group but I could be talked into Coleman on physical attributes. Worthy seems like Jameson Williams 2.0 but I didn't expect Williams to be lousy; Mitchell may actually be better than Worthy in his own right. Thomas may be like Olave - overlooked because of a better teammate but still damn good in his own right. Legette may be better than all but Harrison if he's a true late bloomer rather than flash in the pan. Then you have a guy in Corley who looks genuinely explosive out there - a sort of Deebo (or maybe Alec Burks, if you're down on him) sort of player.

It's just an awfully deep WR class.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The more I look at the class, the more evenly situated I think most of these guys are after Nabers.

I think you have 2 guys at the top and then probably Odunze nearer them than he is everyone else. But then i think I see maybe 6 guys who are a little different in the margins but nobody is clearly BETTER than the rest.

Egbuka is probably my favorite of that group but I could be talked into Coleman on physical attributes. Worthy seems like Jameson Williams 2.0 but I didn't expect Williams to be lousy; Mitchell may actually be better than Worthy in his own right. Thomas may be like Olave - overlooked because of a better teammate but still damn good in his own right. Legette may be better than all but Harrison if he's a true late bloomer rather than flash in the pan. Then you have a guy in Corley who looks genuinely explosive out there - a sort of Deebo (or maybe Alec Burks, if you're down on him) sort of player.

It's just an awfully deep WR class.
You could also have a situation where once you get past the top 2/3 it just kinda ends up being an also ran normal blah kinda thing.

I dunno. I like the top 2 a whole lot. After that it's kinda dealers choice to me.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 192
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up