ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 324
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:27 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's like 21 million.

They are intentionally eating it now because they are creating the room to dump Kyler Murray next year.
Seems like a significant part of the puzzle here.

If he's collecting that from the Cards, he may not care nearly as much about what he's taxing his next team. That money is coming in regardless.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:27 PM 05-26-2023
Kelce and DHop are two of the best chain movers to ever play the game. Our 3rd down conversion % would be downright absurd.

Toney's celing is ridiculously high. I dont think ppl understand how good he can be.

MVS and Mahomes are sure to have better chemistry this year and hit on more of those downfield throws.

I think that offense could shatter records.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:27 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Cap dudes, so how much are the Cardinals gonna be paying him to not be on their team?
$21,077,776.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:29 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
$21,077,776.
Like i said, i think this really helps the Chiefs' odds.

This fact may make money even less of an issue for Dhop regarding his new team.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:30 PM 05-26-2023
It's like 21 million.

They are intentionally eating it now because they are creating the room to dump Kyler Murray next year.

Hell, ARI might be in full tank mode. Try to get Caleb in 2024? Weird though.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:32 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Jesus Christ.

WE'RE NOT TRADING MVS.
As the Chiefs roster is right now, I would completely agree but -

Adding DeAndre Hopkins would increase the rostered WRs on the team. Who and where do you cut?

Adding DeAndre Hopkins is going to reduce the playing time for other WRs including MVS.

Where can you get the most Cap space by a trade from the WRs? According to overthecap.com, the Chiefs could get a $9M cap saving by trading MVS post June 1. I really don't know if a team would trade for MVS though and pay the $9M for the season.

I like MVS and think he adds value to the Chiefs.

I would love to add DeAndre Hopkins to the Chiefs WR group.

I really don't think that the Chiefs will trade MVS, but if they should sign Hopkins and younger WRs develop, it might be possible.
[Reply]
Holladay 02:33 PM 05-26-2023
I am trying to add a reason why Veach wouldn't. I don't know much about Hopkins. Is he a dick/cancer? That would be "A" reason.

Sure he puts up good numbers, but that 6 game suspension for performance enhancing drugs would be a red flag for me.

Also, the Cardinals willing to take a $22.6 million dead cap hit is also unnerving.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:35 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
As the Chiefs roster is right now, I would completely agree but -

Adding DeAndre Hopkins would increase the rostered WRs on the team. Who and where do you cut?

Adding DeAndre Hopkins is going to reduce the playing time for other WRs including MVS.

Where can you get the most Cap space by a trade from the WRs? According to overthecap.com, the Chiefs could get a $9M cap saving by trading MVS post June 1. I really don't know if a team would trade for MVS though and pay the $9M for the season.

I like MVS and think he adds value to the Chiefs.

I would love to add DeAndre Hopkins to the Chiefs WR group.

I really don't think that the Chiefs will trade MVS, but if they should sign Hopkins and younger WRs develop, it might be possible.
Adding Hopkins does nothing but help clear up the bottom of the WR group. MVS has a specific spot in this offense as the deep threat. Trading him away opens that spot up and now who is taking it? Hopkins isn't that guy. Neither is Rice or Moore. Toney possibly could but you don't want to ask him to do that.

Before Hopkins: Toney, MVS, Moore, Rice, James and Watson.

After Hopkins: Hopkins, Toney, MVS, Moore, Rice and James.
[Reply]
oldman 02:38 PM 05-26-2023
He'll be 31 at the start of the season. We have next to nothing in the piggy bank. Even if he came here on the cheap chasing a ring or trying for a long-term contract, how much would he be worth NEXT year and the following years? We also have 12 WRs on the roster today. Just for grins, let's see what those guys have to offer.

In short, thanks but no thanks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:41 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by oldman:
He'll be 31 at the start of the season. We have next to nothing in the piggy bank. Even if he came here on the cheap chasing a ring or trying for a long-term contract, how much would he be worth NEXT year and the following years? We also have 12 WRs on the roster today. Just for grins, let's see what those guys have to offer.

Kelce is 34. According to your logic, we should've sent the greatest TE in history to the glue factory three years ago.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:42 PM 05-26-2023
It's like 21 million.

Well then damn, they should have taken a fourth or even a third next year from us for Hop if they were going to fully eat the contract. I understand them not wanting to and trying to hold out for a better way, but it would have given them more draft capital especially if they were planning on tanking the entire time anyway.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:43 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Seems like a significant part of the puzzle here.

If he's collecting that from the Cards, he may not care nearly as much about what he's taxing his next team. That money is coming in regardless.
To add to this during his career Hopkins has made 111 million dollars without including any endorsements.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:43 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by oldman:

Sure...name all 12 without looking them up. You act like a 31 year old DHOP couldn't come in and help this offense. He most certainly can.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:44 PM 05-26-2023

DHop on the Chiefs is going to hit different.

— Adam Rank (@adamrank) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
BossChief 02:46 PM 05-26-2023
Sign him to 2 real years and a void year for a third year and let’s max out the offense while we are still in the “Kelce prime window”
[Reply]
Page 24 of 324
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up