ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 34
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:13 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
All this after 2 1/2 starts:-):-)
Probably wrote off Eric Fisher too.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:17 PM 12-26-2023
10 pressures in one game. That's ineptitude you don't see very often.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:26 PM 12-26-2023
Yeah I think DJLN has a short memory. Wanya was bad yesterday but not as bad as that SB loss.
I don't think any one player was as bad in that game as Morris was yesterday.

The SB was a complete failure at every position along the line. Yesterday was Morris getting whipped over and over again. Taylor and Smith were mediocre in their own right but not anywhere close to as bad as Morris.

When you're getting help every play and STILL getting smoked, there's just nothing else to do.

I believe it's the worst individual performance I've ever seen by an o-lineman.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 12-26-2023
For perspective.

In the SB the chiefs gave up 30 pressures on 56 snaps. The starting OL gave up 2, 5, 6, 7 and 9 individually. Wylie was the 9 with no sacks and no hits (so 9 hurries).

In 59 snaps the Chiefs gave up 21 pressures yesterday. Morris was responsible for 10 of them including a sack and 2 QB hits.

Everyone was a disaster vs TB but still NOBODY was close to as bad as Morris was Sunday. On a day when Taylor and Thuney were 2nd in pressures allowed with 4, which would've made them positively standout in that SB.

Again, as an individual performance, I've never seen worse. Morris destroyed everything we tried to do yesterday. It was shocking really. You just don't see an OL largely hold their own except for one guy getting repeatedly fired into the sun. And even after he was getting help, he was still getting wrecked.

There's no silver lining. It was the kind of day that gets guys cut in pre-season. You rarely see ANYONE have a game like that and turn into an everyday starter. Just having starting caliber tools should prevent that kind of massacre. Getting beat that bad, that quickly and that often suggests there are real tools issues that are likely to create a backup ceiling for him.

Unless he was just shitfaced or sick as a dog. I just don't see how else one can have a day like that.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:43 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
That had me thinking that a big part of this just has to be attitude and effort. Theres maybe 3-4 hungry guys on that offense right now. Mahomes was pissed, Kelce was throwing his helemet, Pacheco gives 100% and Rice seemed to be without blame. I might move Richie James on that list. But largely most of the offense looked like they just couldnt do better than 70% effort on their best plays.
Again. I don't understand the effort thing. Effort is not the problem. Kelce is fired up and pissed. Pat is fired up and pissed. Our guys seem to fight for yards at a fault. Kelce and Pat were taking big time hits. Effort has absolutely nothing to do with why this team sucks.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:46 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Again. I don't understand the effort thing. Effort is not the problem. Kelce is fired up and pissed. Pat is fired up and pissed. Our guys seem to fight for yards at a fault. Kelce and Pat were taking big time hits. Effort has absolutely nothing to do with why this team sucks.
Did you read the whole thing? I said 3-4 guys are really getting after it. As a whole the O looked overwhelmed and under motivated.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 04:48 PM 12-26-2023
All this after 2 1/2 starts:-):-)
How absolutely fucking stupid an mentally inept are you?

The super bowl was a a collection of 5 backups getting their shit pushed in by the Tampa 4.

What I am telling you is that Morris literally got beat ON EVERY PLAY yesterday and did ZERO to stop his guy in pass protection or seal a lane for run blocking.

I don't care if it's his first game EVER or his 5th season. It was an epically bad game that caused a chain reaction with the whole offense.

Ten fucking pressures. The guy was a turnstile in pass protection. He's a left tackle.

People have wanted to shit on Taylor all year and he deserves it for his penalties but he won against Crosby most of the day.

Morris literally got destroyed, not just beat, on every snap.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 04:51 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For perspective.

In the SB the chiefs gave up 30 pressures on 56 snaps. The starting OL gave up 2, 5, 6, 7 and 9 individually. Wylie was the 9 with no sacks and no hits (so 9 hurries).

In 59 snaps the Chiefs gave up 21 pressures yesterday. Morris was responsible for 10 of them including a sack and 2 QB hits.

Everyone was a disaster vs TB but still NOBODY was close to as bad as Morris was Sunday. On a day when Taylor and Thuney were 2nd in pressures allowed with 4, which would've made them positively standout in that SB.

Again, as an individual performance, I've never seen worse. Morris destroyed everything we tried to do yesterday. It was shocking really. You just don't see an OL largely hold their own except for one guy getting repeatedly fired into the sun. And even after he was getting help, he was still getting wrecked.

There's no silver lining. It was the kind of day that gets guys cut in pre-season. You rarely see ANYONE have a game like that and turn into an everyday starter. Just having starting caliber tools should prevent that kind of massacre. Getting beat that bad, that quickly and that often suggests there are real tools issues that are likely to create a backup ceiling for him.

Unless he was just shitfaced or sick as a dog. I just don't see how else one can have a day like that.
I haven't seen a single guy have a day that bad as a lineman in a LONG TIME. The SB was about five guys getting beat.

Morris got beat WORSE all day than anyone on that line in the SB did.

He couldn't hold a seal block on a single run play and got bodied on every pass rush.

One of the top 5 all time worst days I've ever seen by an offensive lineman.

But yes of course he's the future. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 04:56 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
10 pressures in one game. That's ineptitude you don't see very often.
They were too busy helping the $20 million tackle against Crosby to help Wanya much.

I'm not mad at the rookie 3rd rd tackle. I'm mad at the $20 million tackle who can't be on a ****ing island against the best like we paid him to be
[Reply]
JPH83 05:23 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They were too busy helping the $20 million tackle against Crosby to help Wanya much.

I'm not mad at the rookie 3rd rd tackle. I'm mad at the $20 million tackle who can't be on a ****ing island against the best like we paid him to be
Yeah pretty much my take. Morris I expect nothing from. Yes he was uniquely bad, but we're not tethered to oaying him a lot of money for years. Taylor is the guy to be mad at.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:35 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I haven't seen a single guy have a day that bad as a lineman in a LONG TIME. The SB was about five guys getting beat.

Morris got beat WORSE all day than anyone on that line in the SB did.

He couldn't hold a seal block on a single run play and got bodied on every pass rush.

One of the top 5 all time worst days I've ever seen by an offensive lineman.

But yes of course he's the future. :-)
It’s the mentality of many on here that he just needs more time to “develop”.

Rookie offensive linemen step in and start/ play well all of the time… Morris looked totally overwhelmed yesterday.

It’s the same people who want to give Sky Less another two years to “develop”.

The alluring siren call of “developing”.
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:40 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For perspective.

How bad must the other backup tackles be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Justman59 05:54 PM 12-26-2023
I remembered the videos of Taylor working hard in the off-season. :-)

He had a personal trainer too. :-)

The videos looked nice. He was getting it done in the gym:-)

I was hyped thinking he was coming in to protect Pat. :-)

Little did we know, he was the one that needed the protection.:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 06:32 PM 12-26-2023
Personally, I don't know that Morris looks like a tackle in the NFL. Maybe he just does need a lot of development time but I think he looks like a highly functional guard. It might not all be bad if he can slide in and take Thuney or Smith's spot. I don't know that he has it on the outside though.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 06:49 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It’s the mentality of many on here that he just needs more time to “develop”.

Rookie offensive linemen step in and start/ play well all of the time… Morris looked totally overwhelmed yesterday.

It’s the same people who want to give Sky Less another two years to “develop”.

The alluring siren call of “developing”.
This. 100% this.

Rookie left tackles with the talent to play that position come in ALL THE TIME and crush right away because it IS a very talent dictated position.

WR's do take time because learning route running at the NFL level and learning how to find zones and get separation is a skill that has to be developed.

Playing tackle is about athleticism and power.

It's the single worst outing I've seen in a long long time by a left tackle. It was basically the ballgame. Yes it was that bad.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 34
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up