ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 47
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2023 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread****
Rain Man 11:45 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Pittsburgh Steelers select Byron Young, DT, Alabama.
This guy intrigues me. The draft stuff that I read about him ranks him relatively low and then proceeds to talk about how awesome he is. They won't talk about why they don't rank him higher. Does he only have one leg or something?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:21 AM 03-26-2023
Thanks for updating for me SNR. I've been out of town with the fame this weekend. I will be back shortly with my pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 03-26-2023
The Jacksonville Jaguars select Isaiah McGuire, EDGE, Missouri
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Jacksonville Jaguars select Isaiah McGuire, EDGE, Missouri
Kinda hoping he's on the Chiefs radar.

Long on tools, short on production, but as a late 4th, he'd be a nice developmental talent.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:01 PM 03-26-2023
The Kansas City Chiefs select Tyler Steen, OT, Alabama

In my opinion, the best of the OTs beyond the 1st rounders but his lack of ideal arm length pushes him down a bit. I'm going to call 32-3/4" "close enough" to the 33" threshold. He's solid in all phases but needs some work against speed-to-power and sustaining against counters but I think the tools are there. If he fails outside, you have a guy that can replace Thuney in the near future at LG.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:26 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

In my opinion, the best of the OTs beyond the 1st rounders but his lack of ideal arm length pushes him down a bit. I'm going to call 32-3/4" "close enough" to the 33" threshold. He's solid in all phases but needs some work against speed-to-power and sustaining against counters but I think the tools are there. If he fails outside, you have a guy that can replace Thuney in the near future at LG.
I hope we draft nothing but short-armed players at every position from now on.

Teams let good solid football players fall for the dumbest reasons.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:45 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

I like the idea of a guy who could potentially be a swing tackle while developing into a potential starting G in the future.

He does seem to be a poor man's Mauch in a lot of ways. I think that would be a pretty nice get.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 03-26-2023
Phew - got real real lucky with this one. Fucked around and damn near found out at NT (though I didn't expect Seattle to jettison their entire front this offseason...)

The Seahawks take: Jerrod Clark, DT - Coastal Carolina

Sadly, this feels like the kind of pick where he goes in the 7th round and I get WRECKED on the scoreboard here, but that's mostly because he just has very little scheme versatility. To me he's a straight up 3-4 NT and pretty much a pure 2-down guy.

But since the Seahawks decided to let essentially their entire defensive front walk and/or cut them, this seems like a natural fit for them. I almost wonder if they're going to move to 4-3 because they just don't have the necessary pieces to field a 3-4 right now.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:12 PM 03-26-2023
The Baltimore Ravens select Emil Ekiyor Jr., OG, Alabama

Sending PM.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:20 PM 03-26-2023
The LA Chargers select Jalen Redmond, DL, Oklahoma

Redmond can be scheme versatile playing inside-out and is likely best suited as a 5 tech, but has some nice tools as a good run defender with a bit of pass rush upside.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:39 AM 03-27-2023
The Cleveland Browns select Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia

1) They keep their UGA product happy
2) They improve the RB room with a younger, cheaper backup for Chubb who also is a good 3rd down option.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:40 AM 03-27-2023
There's a stir in the green room as the Giants' next draft pick announcer arrives.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 03-27-2023
The Jacksonville Jaguars select Josh Whyle, TE, Cincinnati
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:14 PM 03-27-2023
Amidst a stir, Staten Island native and SNL alum Pete Davidson arrives on stage, trailing behind him a keening mass of former girlfriends.

[Reply]
Rain Man 01:16 PM 03-27-2023
Pete seems relatively uninterested in the draft festivities.

"I'm supposed to read a guy's name," he shrugs. "I don't know the guy. I don't know if he'll be any good or not. I'm just supposed to read the name."

He pauses to take a large bite out of a hot dog. The arena waits for him to finish chewing.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 24 of 47
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up