ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:43 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Mahomes Magic wrong? Shocked.

Quite a leader Zach is.
I knew the same meat heads would jump for joy if Mike White threw for 300 yards against the Bears.

So what? My point was always about the big picture.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I knew the same meat heads would jump for joy if Mike White threw for 300 yards against the Bears.

Explain how the 'big picture' isn't that a team with the exact same staff/players it had 2 weeks ago suddenly looked competent and that isn't a reflection on the former starting QB?

Micro, Macro - however you want to look at it, Zach Wilson has been trash and he bears the responsibility for that.
[Reply]
kcclone 09:45 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
The reason his career is in disarray is because he’s a low character guy. There is no quantity of talent that will allow someone to succeed at QB in the NFL who is an incorrigible douche who isn’t coachable or responsible.

I have not followed him or the Jets much. What are the character issues?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:46 AM 11-28-2022
NOV 14, 2021 4:41 PM EST
Mike White Experience Ends in Miserable Fashion as Bills Bash Jets
New York Jets quarterback Mike White struggled in what could be his last start, throwing four interceptions in a blowout loss to the Buffalo Bills.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new...-buffalo-bills

If the Jets coaching staff can get White to beat Buffalo like Zach did already then at least they won't be falling behind on their play the veteran QB now strategy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:48 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Explain how the 'big picture' isn't that a team with the exact same staff/players it had 2 weeks ago suddenly looked competent and that isn't a reflection on the former starting QB?

Micro, Macro - whoever you want to look at it, Zach Wilson has been trash and he bears the responsibility for that.
Zach had never lost a game to anyone other than the Patriots this year.

So if the Jets were playing BB again you might have a point here.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:57 AM 11-28-2022
I don't think the lockerroom turns on him like it has if he's a 'decent guy who works at it...'

I suspect many QBs don't connect terribly well to some of their teammates. But they don't get a mid-week mutiny like Wilson has.

That calls his work ethic into question, IMO. That's one thing that simply will not fly with these guys.
There is really no circumstance where a QB can go around blaming others. No one on the team should be doing it but especially not the QB, and not when he’s playing poorly midway through his second year. And there were questions about him as a leader at BYU coming into the draft.

It wasn’t just the interview either, people said the following week that he walks around the Jets facility acting like he isn’t a problem and has turned everyone against him.

His finger pointing and unwillingness to be responsible or accountable are unacceptable and a locker room full of professionals knows it. They know they’d never have gotten where they are with his attitude, so why should he get away with it?

If you’re going to act like your shit doesn’t stink then it better not, and even that’s only going to work as long as you’re perfect.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:28 AM 11-28-2022

Never said Mike White or Flacco was the answer either. I just don't think at this point Zach is either especially based on the reports on the way he acted on the sidelines and around his team mates yesterday.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:34 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Never said Mike White or Flacco was the answer either. I just don't think at this point Zach is either especially based on the reports on the way he acted on the sidelines and around his team mates yesterday.
I don't think Meck even understood my point if he's taking a victory lap over Mike White having a good stats game.

No, Zach is not the answer in New York. I already said I hope they trade him to a team that will at least give him a chance.

Already has called 4 plays ZW would thrive on. Didnt call 4 vs NE all day.

Just trade ZW. Enjoy being a WC team forever.

— Tyler Menting (@FootballUnlock) November 27, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 11-28-2022

Ah.

So he goes 44/69 for 385 yards and a single TD combined in his 3 wins prior to getting benched and somehow that performance is proof that he's good?

And justifies just blowing off the 315 yards and 3 TDs that White put up in a single game with the same staff and weapons?

Do you intend to do nothing but bury your head in the sand here and benchmarks be passed that literally cannot happen? "Oh, well I'll only believe it if Mike White beats the Patriots..." convenient metric for you given that the Jets are finished with NE for the year.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:40 AM 11-28-2022
I don't think Meck even understood my point if he's taking a victory lap over Mike White having a good stats game.

No, Zach is not the answer in New York. I already said I hope they trade him to a team that will at least give him a chance.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:44 AM 11-28-2022
Ah.

So he goes 44/69 for 385 yards and a single TD combined in his 3 wins prior to getting benched and somehow that performance is proof that he's good?

And justifies just blowing off the 315 yards and 3 TDs that White put up in a single game with the same staff and weapons?

Do you intend to do nothing but bury your head in the sand here and benchmarks be passed that literally cannot happen? "Oh, well I'll only believe it if Mike White beats the Patriots..." convenient metric for you given that the Jets are finished with NE for the year.

Honestly, I thought you were smarter than this.

Again, so glad we don't have to talk QB development for KC because some of you would be insufferable if we had to develop a talented QB that wasn't a unicorn like Pat.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:53 AM 11-28-2022

He is barely throwing for 100 yards in half those wins and he doesn’t have Bryce hall to lean on anymore. This is like celebrating Matt cassels success during the jamaal/thomas jones era.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:53 AM 11-28-2022
Honestly, I thought you were smarter than this.

Again, so glad we don't have to talk QB development for KC because some of you would be insufferable if we had to develop a talented QB that wasn't a unicorn like Pat.
The problem isn't you, it's everyone else.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:55 AM 11-28-2022

Ok fair enough.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:55 AM 11-28-2022
The Jets do have a way of screwing up almost anything.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up