ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 57
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
TLO 08:59 PM 01-23-2022
Discussion
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:34 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Bengals fans talk SOOO much shit. I was somewhat rooting for the Bengals before week 17, but since it's been a bunch of nonsense.

Bengals fans can now eat a bag of dicks.
You have to allow grace here because truth be told we were in their position not long ago with no playoff wins for many years.:-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:37 PM 01-26-2022
I agree with this. Added some additional thoughts in red.

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
As the week progresses, thoughts on how to approach the Bengals' very explosive offense:

1) Let the front 4 eat. This is the most important aspect. Let Jones, and Clark, and Ingram, and Reed and Wharton make plays. Devote the back 7 to coverage with the exception of an occasional blitz (hammer that crappy right side of the line when you do it).

The rotation on the defensive line is going to be very important. We can't have guys tired and pacing themselves. Every play has to be maximum effort. They just brought Saunders back. It would be nice if he is healthy enough to contribute. Chiefs get 6 sacks and 2 turnovers.

2) Be creative in devoting help to Ward/Fenton on Jamar Chase. Have a safety over the top. Have the safety and corner flip responsibilities (with the corner taking a cover 3 style drop and the safety handling the shorter stuff).

Hopefully Mathieu is back and ready to play and contribute. Please limit the time that Sorensen plays and keep him away from coverage. Last time we played, Fenton had two interference calls, Snead 1 interference, 1 horse collar, and 1 illegal use of hands, Ward had a holding call. That will be better this time.

3) Keep Nick Bolton and Willie Gay on the field as much as possible (Niemann is the type of LB Mixon routinely abuses).

It is good we have two young linebackers like Bolton and Gay. To the hunt!

I think the Chiefs' offense has locked into playoff mode and is operating efficiently. I love that Mahomes keeps his legs/scrambling ability mostly in his pocket during the regular season and saves that little extra bit for the playoffs. It does seem to routinely catch teams unaware. I'm not concerned about them making plays or putting up points. Just a matter of execution (as it has been all year).

Jerick McKinnon is now an important part of offense and Josh Gordon gone.
Both of these moves makes the offense better.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:37 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yep and Andy gave a very encouraging description of his progress…

Of course he is "feeling very well" !!:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:42 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How many of the 18 losers were road teams? That seems like it would be important.

Hembo had that stat on Get Up. He never clarified road or home. His point was coming off an emotional game that goes OT is usually a disadvantage to that team. Cincinnati also has an extra day off.

Just things to ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mabbott 02:52 PM 01-26-2022
I will be curious to see how Joe reacts to Arrowhead loud... the LSU stadium, the loudest in the SEC, was measured at 130 db and we know that Arrowhead is in the 140s... So, we will see how much or little it matters to him.

I am looking forward to seeing how much pressure we can get with the front four and occasional blitz from our secondary.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:53 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:
I will be curious to see how Joe reacts to Arrowhead loud... the LSU stadium, the loudest in the SEC, was measured at 130 db and we know that Arrowhead is in the 140s... So, we will see how much or little it matters to him.

I am looking forward to seeing how much pressure we can get with the front four and occasional blitz from our secondary.
That's the thing. LSU is apparently loud but it was also his home stadium.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:56 PM 01-26-2022
Maybe the fucker is deaf
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:01 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:

In the SEC he played in loud stadiums where his LSU offense was ridiculously more talented than any other defense they played besides Alabama.

Playing in a loud (loudest) NFL stadium where he is playing against equal or superior talent requires more precise pre-snap communications and that’s where he’ll feel the crowd noise impact the most.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:31 PM 01-26-2022
That asshole was throwing to Chase and Jefferson. He’s good but he had a TON of talent around him.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:33 PM 01-26-2022
Joe Burrow definitely had parents that told him he was special every moment, of everyday.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:37 PM 01-26-2022
And I don’t hate Burrow. He’s a likable kid.

But I do hate the fact that everyone is scrambling to prop someone up to be at the level, or better, than Mahomes.

Just admit that Mahomes is the top and then go from there. Jesus Christ. If Mahomes was on the Cowboys…he’d already have a bust created and be fitted for a gold jacket.
[Reply]
Oxford 04:09 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You blitz Burro.

That man holds the ball forever and his line is hot, swampy, hairy ass. It's just beat at the snap bad. That's a bad combination.

If Burro likes to hold the ball for 5 or 6 or 7 seconds don't let him. His damned line can't block that long anyway. Blitz him non ****ing stop. You can't throw off your back...
Sounds like Gunther Cunningham (RIP)
[Reply]
Oxford 04:15 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And I don’t hate Burrow. He’s a likable kid.

But I do hate the fact that everyone is scrambling to prop someone up to be at the level, or better, than Mahomes.
I think that in the case of young players, the "he's the next..." media tag ruins some careers before they start. Burrow is not "the next anything", he's Joe Burrow. And hopefully his offseason starts Monday
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:17 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That asshole was throwing to Chase and Jefferson. He’s good but he had a TON of talent around him.
He had:

Ja’Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Thaddeus Moss
Terrace Marshall
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
A freshman Tyrion Davis-Price (1,000 yards from scrimmage this year)

And oh yeah, his OL:

Saahdiq Charles (WFT)
Lloyd Cushenberry (DEN)
Damien Lewis (SEA)

Yeah, that offense was insane.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:26 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He had:

Ja’Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Thaddeus Moss
Terrace Marshall
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
A freshman Tyrion Davis-Price (1,000 yards from scrimmage this year)

And oh yeah, his OL:

Saahdiq Charles (WFT)
Lloyd Cushenberry (DEN)
Damien Lewis (SEA)

Yeah, that offense was insane.
Yeah, I've said this before, but it's the only team I can think of that can hang with that 2001 Miami Hurricanes squad in terms of raw talent. The big difference is that LSU had Burrow while Miami had Ken Dorsey.

Don't get me wrong, Dorsey was a fine college quarterback. But Burrow is obviously next level.

I think that LSU season is probably the most impressive college football season in my lifetime. 15-0 through the SEC West including a win AT Alabama and a total of 7 wins against Top 10 opponents.

I just don't know how that can be topped. It was a remarkable season.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 57
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up