ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 44
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
aturnis 09:12 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL Montezuma boxes are the standard for triangle boxes. They're everywhere here.

Look man, I appreciate you saying notorious and I are being reasonable, and I really am. I'd love a rig that does those things right, but I'm not going to be on the bleeding edge of one. I don't go near as far out as notorious and I don't haul as much as him most days. I'd be a far better fit for the rig than he would.

But comments like this (regarding organized toolboxes are just flat out stupid.

Proof.

I have more in the cab.

I also have 2 blow guns under the back seat and tote with my coat and cover alls to go with my Mucks in front of the drawers.

I decided to blow out the box, and this is all the shit that was in the toolbox. Nothing from the cab.

You've set the standard so far. Kudos to you being able to keep it this way. Guessing yours are the only filthy mitts digging in there though, no? For the most part at least.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by aturnis:
You've set the standard so far. Kudosto you bring able to keep it this way. Guessing yours are the only filthy mitts digging in there though, no? For the most part at least.

Yep. My filthy mitts are the only ones.

I could get a service body box on a 3/4 ton, but I rarely pull much other than my 4 wheeler or occasionally a 600 gal fuel trailer, which it pulls fine. But I put quite a few miles on unloaded, except for the tools of course. And a lot of them are on unrocked trailroads this REALLY don’t need the extra weight, plus this is a pretty cheap setup so it’s what I’m rolling with.

An EV would serve me well. But it has to hold all this crap and not screw with me when I’m busy. Those aren’t huge criteria but they’re important.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:35 AM 12-01-2019
Name a thing it won't be able to do. I'll wait.

My bigger rig needs to be able to get 2-4 people to Denver and Louisville nearly non stop while pulling a live load. The current 3/4 ton does not even stop for fuel while loaded, but does normally switch drivers and hit a bathrooms. Stopping for 30 minutes to charge is out of the question and could be dangerous during the summer. It's just a normal single tire, manual, mega cab, 3/4 ton, cummins with an auxiliary plumbed in. Nothing special, yet this truck can not replace it. Looking at the angles of those bed rails, I'm not even sure the Tesla can pull two of my trailers as they just barely clear a normal cabbed truck.

My smaller 3/4 ton rig has to be able to haul just about everything you see in the above pics plus 150 gallon L in front and under that toolbox. My shit is no where near as organizes as above, but it has to be there when I need it even if it takes me a while to find it. Over the years it's become obvious it has to be a straight cab for maneuverability, be able to clear and light up 33-35" rubber, and hang a ton off it's rear bumper every single day of the year without breaking in half. It does not see a lot of miles, but gets treated like a baja truck and absolutely can't break down. It also has to be able to drive an engine driven/mounted hydraulic pump for brief periods every day, which I'm sure could be rigged to run off a mounted auxiliary electric motor of some form on the Tesla. I would absolutely love to replace this truck with an electric for many reasons and wouldn't even care how bad it looks like ass because it is going to get beat to shit anyways. Is the bed even going to be removable on the Tesla? If not, that eliminates it for me and thousands of others right from the start. While we're wishing, I'd also like to be able to strip every single extra bell and whistle off it except for the back up camera on the hitch. They could even leave the floors bare and I'd coat them with bed liner.

Unless I'm missing something, it could probably replace my dad's 3/4 as he's basically been forced to retire due to health. His trips are basically the farmer's version of grocery getting anymore and rarely gets over 10k and 100 miles from home anymore. I can't think of a single thing he does that this truck couldn't do, assuming it can pull two of my trailers, but it better be able to make his 200 mile round trips without stopping to charge or he just might light it on fire out of frustration. I would be concerned about how easily they're going to make this thing to get in and out of. A lot of old worn out farmers and construction workers basically fall out of their trucks. They're old, tired, worn out, and won't buy anything that requires work to get in and out of. The steering wheel better be strong enough for them to grab and drag themselves into the cab as well.

I assume this truck is not targeting these markets. That's fine, but don't go blowing smoke up this markets ass with "it can do anything a normal truck does" when we know it can't.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:20 PM 12-01-2019
Simple. Just install a 40 amp circuit near where you load. Charge while you load. You'll be good. You won't even need an electrician as I know you do as you damned well please. Farms are notoriously shady places to do electrical work.

We don’t load trailers while connected to a truck, we rotate trailers.

You show up, drop the trailer you have back under a loaded one and leave. Then a tractor with a ball picks up the empty and backs it to the chute. That trailer is then loaded behind the tractor until the next truck arrives, then it starts over. The trucks don’t stop long enough to charge at the farm, if they had a charger on the way that would put 35 miles on in 10 mins our average length of gas stop that would be nice

Also it needs to be able to tow about 4000 lbs more for it to make it past the first requirement I have for it

What farms are notorious for shady electric work? How do you know I do what I please?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:48 PM 12-01-2019
This thread-
One last time
Repeat after me..

It Is Not a Truck
And Musk is crazy
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:12 PM 12-01-2019
Thats not a truck. Its a nightmare of beta male proportions..
[Reply]
Inspector 03:13 PM 12-01-2019
Meh...

I just bought a new Toyota mini van.

What could be cooler than that?
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:43 PM 12-01-2019
I wouldn’t expect anyone that depends on their truck for their livelihood to be an early adopter of any electric truck, but I think there is an enormous market for this among people who use their trucks for recreation. As the technology gets proven and more customized options get introduced, I expect that work trucks will start to get replaced as well.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:47 PM 12-01-2019
I don't need no internet, I love writing and mailing letters!
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:43 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I wouldn’t expect anyone that depends on their truck for their livelihood to be an early adopter of any electric truck, but I think there is an enormous market for this among people who use their trucks for recreation. As the technology gets proven and more customized options get introduced, I expect that work trucks will start to get replaced as well.
Which is pretty much the position that I've taken, but then you've got dudes like aturnis saying THERE IS NOTHING A GASSER CAN DO THAT THIS CAN'T. and TOOLBOXES ARE WORTHLESS that I feel compelled to push back on.
[Reply]
srvy 01:08 PM 12-27-2019
At least the rivian truck looks like one. I hate the short bed though dammit.

https://rivian.com/

[Reply]
MahiMike 02:02 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Here's the actual page with all the renders.

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

I have to admit I'm intrigued by the camper option... :-)

Look! It's a $40K grill!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:16 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
At least the rivian truck looks like one. I hate the short bed though dammit.

https://rivian.com/

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
They have already had trouble with this in testing. When they went through wet roads they had motor and connection failures. When they went through creeks or areas with 6" to 8" of water they had battery failure. Although what do you expect from a Ford backed vehicle.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:51 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I wonder what proportion of people with trucks use it for truck purposes. I live in the middle of a city so my perspective is skewed, but the trucks I see are not fording creeks or hauling cattle trailers.

In more rural areas, you undoubtedly have a lot more working trucks. But even in a small town I have a feeling that half of the trucks are purchased as a style choice rather than a need.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:10 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wonder what proportion of people with trucks use it for truck purposes. I live in the middle of a city so my perspective is skewed, but the trucks I see are not fording creeks or hauling cattle trailers.

In more rural areas, you undoubtedly have a lot more working trucks. But even in a small town I have a feeling that half of the trucks are purchased as a style choice rather than a need.
Mine (suburban area) was purchased for a specific need, but the mileage is so awful that it only gets used for those specific needs, and it sits more than it gets driven. If it was, say, electric, it would actually replace another car of mine as well. With that in mind, I did reserve a Cybertruck.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 44
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up