ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
Yes 263 81.42%
No 32 9.91%
I have no idea 28 8.67%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll
Page 24 of 107
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
TLO 08:39 PM 06-24-2019
I'm not 100% on the KK news from today. But figured we'd start a thread to discuss this topic.

Sound off below. Also feel free to add in the KK tweets and such in here.

Thanks!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 06-25-2019
Quick question for the 15 people that voted 'no'.

You mean he doesn't deserve to be fired because of this, right? Because if this were Petro, I wouldn't want him fired over it. It was a stupid, petty, unnecessary thing to say.

But the point remains that Petro wouldn't say this because he's not a know-nothing gasbag.

As I said earlier - my answer to the question 'Does Kietzman deserve to be fired' has little to do with this incident. Kietzman has ALWAYS deserved to be fired on account of being a worthless piece of shit. This particular incident is more of a symptom of his disease than anything. This is one of those weeping sores you get when the AIDS goes full blown. I mean it isn't the sores that are gonna do the damage - it's the AIDS. Kietzman's problem isn't that he jammed his foot in his mouth here. It's that he's such an irredeemable asshole that he'd say this kind of shit in the first place.

So surely we can agree that yes - Kevin Kietzman deserves to be fired. But more due to a pattern of being a puddle of rotting afterbirth in general rather than this one particular incident.

Because I gotta be honest, I can't see how this poll isn't 100% in favor of canning Kietzman's worthless ass if the question is considered on its face and not read in the context of this one specific instance. Surely nobody thinks that KK is an asset to the Kansas City sports scene.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:21 PM 06-25-2019
http://www.810whb.com/2019/06/25/uni...-on-june-24th/

Originally Posted by :
UNION BROADCASTING STATEMENT REGARDING KEVIN KIETZMAN’S COMMENTS ON BTL ON JUNE 24TH

We are aware of the controversial comments made by Kevin Kietzman during yesterday’s broadcast of Between the Lines. We have decided to take the immediate step to take Kevin off the air until further notice as we review this matter.

We take Kevin’s comments and those of all on-air staff seriously. Kevin’s comments were clearly not to his or our standards. Please know that we will take necessary appropriate actions.

We sincerely apologize to Andy Reid and his family, the Kansas City Chiefs organization and our loyal listeners and share their concerns.

Union Broadcasting

[Reply]
dirk digler 01:26 PM 06-25-2019
Here is KK's email to Awfulannouncing

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/kans...reek-hill.html

Originally Posted by :
Andrew,

I appreciate you at least putting so much of my quote in your story but still believe you may have missed much of the context.

I was commenting the Chiefs, as they always do, seem to think they can fix players. The owner was criticized, management criticized and Andy Reid was criticized. They asked our city to trust them with these players after we have already witnessed abuse cases and a murder/suicide in the parking lot of the practice facility. Many national outlets have chronicled the Chiefs embarrassing record with players committing crimes against others.

I never once mentioned anything about Andy Reid’s son’s death and never once had it on my mind. A caller called in later and said something about the death and I quickly corrected him and pointed out that I was referencing two sons that were convicted drug dealers and drug addicts that he chose to try to fix by hiring them to work for his football teams.

When Reid decided to hire his sons to try to help them, it ceased being a personal, private matter in my opinion. When a tax payer supported football team hires convicted felons, it is absolutely worthy of scrutiny. Andy Reid has hired several convicted criminals in his career and asked fans to trust him. Some have worked out, many have not. He’s also taken chances on players that somehow drop in the draft because other teams are scared to draft them and he’s going to work it all out. Failure with Marcus Peters and Kareem Hunt. Failed with many lesser known players that had to go. This is a complicated issue in Kansas City and at no point did I ever mention his son’s death, let alone blame him for it. That’s an insane position. But I do believe he and the Chiefs have a bad pattern of employing players, coaches and staff with real issues thinking it will all work out if they are working or playing for him. And that pattern is about to continue when they keep Tyreek Hill.

Reid and the Chiefs asked us to trust them as they moved Hill and subsequently his girlfriend to KC. Now Kansas taxpayers are taking care of Tyreek HIll’s son and likely his soon to be born twins. As concerned citizens, we at least find some comfort knowing our city and excellent Child Services professionals are taking care of a child the Chiefs and Tyreek Hill have failed.
In a subsequent email, Kietzman said he had no intention of tying this to Garrett Reid’s death and that his charity work involves counseling parents who have gone through teen suicide and telling them they’re not to blame:
I never once mentioned the death of his son and as a father of three young adults, know how hard it is being a parent. Trust me, I’m the last guy that would ever do anything like that. My main charity work here in KC centers around teen suicide as it has affected many people that we loosely know.

Our group works very, very hard to help counsel parents that it is NOT their fault because they tend to blame themselves.
Andy is a good man but just like the rest of us, has flaws. He’s in a position where a lot of his mistakes are public and that just comes with the territory.

Funny thing is this is totally a social media/internet fiasco, I never had one person call and complain about anything I said and neither did the radio station.

[Reply]
Frazod 01:28 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
http://www.810whb.com/2019/06/25/uni...-on-june-24th/
BOOM
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:29 PM 06-25-2019
Lets let this shit blow over and put him back on the air
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 01:30 PM 06-25-2019
That dumbass needs to
A) keep his mouth shut
B) stay off of twatter
C) stop trying to defend himself
He really is an idiot
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:32 PM 06-25-2019

[Reply]
BlackOp 01:32 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
BOOM
They are apologizing to the Chiefs NOW?....:-)

"We are truly sorry our sponsors might pull their money from our business, in lieu of this recent development, we will disingenuously apologize long enough to get that money back"
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:33 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

You mean he doesn't deserve to be fired because of this, right? Because if this were Petro, I wouldn't want him fired over it. It was a stupid, petty, unnecessary thing to say.

But the point remains that Petro wouldn't say this because he's not a know-nothing gasbag.

As I said earlier - my answer to the question 'Does Kietzman deserve to be fired' has little to do with this incident. Kietzman has ALWAYS deserved to be fired on account of being a worthless piece of shit. This particular incident is more of a symptom of his disease than anything. This is one of those weeping sores you get when the AIDS goes full blown. I mean it isn't the sores that are gonna do the damage - it's the AIDS. Kietzman's problem isn't that he jammed his foot in his mouth here. It's that he's such an irredeemable asshole that he'd say this kind of shit in the first place.

So surely we can agree that yes - Kevin Kietzman deserves to be fired. But more due to a pattern of being a puddle of rotting afterbirth in general rather than this one particular incident.

Because I gotta be honest, I can't see how this poll isn't 100% in favor of canning Kietzman's worthless ass if the question is considered on its face and not read in the context of this one specific instance. Surely nobody thinks that KK is an asset to the Kansas City sports scene.
Yeah nobody would argue he's a good host because he's not. He's partial owner and despite how shitty he is he might be better than alot of what 610 his main competitor puts out there....

With that said I don't believe this one incident should get him fired. Suspended sure. What complicates things though is the partnership with the Chiefs. If they say he's gotta go then he's gotta go.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:33 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here is KK's email to Awfulannouncing

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/kans...reek-hill.html
This guy is delusional. Wow. Rather than saying "I'm sorry for what I said. I shouldn't have said it." This idiot is doubling down. Christ.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 01:35 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What complicates things though is the partnership with the Chiefs. If they say he's gotta go then he's gotta go.
Maybe they already said it
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:35 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
This guy is delusional. Wow. Rather than saying "I'm sorry for what I said. I shouldn't have said it." This idiot is doubling down. Christ.
See NOW I believe he should be fired
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:35 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I voted no. I am not in the KC area and have never listened to any sports radio from there so I am unaware of the background other than what I have read here. My reason for voting no is that it is none of our business, IMO. I do agree that the station and advertisers should be boycotted to convince the station to remove the idiot but I will never advocate for a company to fire an employee (I know, part owner) because I don't like what they did or said. But then I have always believed in "voting with your pocketbook" in any cases at all similar to this.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:36 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
A while back, people were saying nothing we post at CP had value...and I tried telling them that the internet has far reaching tentacles and you never know who is reading your comments.

This thing spread in a matter of hours...

Good work...now go get Florio.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Lets let this shit blow over and put him back on the air
WHEREMYGONNAGET MY RACIN' BOYS!!!!!

Let this shit blow over and then launch his ass into the sun. Mostly because it'll be more fun to make him think he's clear of everything before you cunt punt him into the void.

Christ alive, he suuuuuuuuuuuucks. He's always sucked. This is your chance, Kansas City. This is your chance to rid yourselves of this grandstanding clown and maybe get someone in here who has potential to be great. It's a drive time slot in an NFL town and we're wasting it on Kevin !@#$ing Kietzman? WHY?!?!?!?

Genuine radio talent has come through this town. A guy like Nick Wright, who I hated until I didn't anymore, was able to all but call his shot. Kevin Harlan got started here. Are we really so insecure about being left for a hotter model that we'll keep our vapid 3 instead of shoot our shot for even a few years with a 9?

This is your ejection handle, Union Broadcasting. Ditch this fetid pile of monkey excrement.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 107
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up