ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 46
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The SNL Thread
Easy 6 08:51 PM 05-12-2007
I've been considering doing this for a while, so here goes. A thread to discuss anyone & anything relating to the show.

They keep a pretty tight lid on all images & apparently stay after youtube as well, so those kinds of things might be a 'lil hard to come by, but oh well.

Pretty much everyone here seems to be a fan of it on some level, so it might be kinda fun.

Its as close to Cant Miss Television as there is for me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:09 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The gentrification skit was awesome.
Bullshit, you talkin like someone put gluten in yah muffin!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:15 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Kyle Mooney is just a master at inventing a character and inhabiting his skin. He is absolutely perfect for this role.
Nerds of the standup kingdom

I miss him playing Norm's nephew on Norm's sport show.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:18 PM 01-20-2015
I'm just not understanding all of the Kate McKinnon love in the "pick 4 ALL TIMERS" thing... she's a ****ing noob, did everyone suddenly forget Molly Shannon or Cheri Oteri?
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:20 PM 01-20-2015
Molly Shannon, like Chris Farley, was a total force of nature. She wasn't a precise comedy delivery mechanism, which I tend to prefer.

Edit: This is McKinnon at her best. She enters at 4:40, sets fire to the skit, and disappears. She's a genius.

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:22 PM 01-20-2015
Molly Shannon, like Chris Farley, was a total force of nature. She wasn't a precise comedy delivery mechanism, which I tend to prefer.
Molly LIVED in the moment.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:26 PM 01-20-2015
Molly, at her best, was just as funny as Chris Farley. Maybe not AS funny because she didn't have his hilarious body at her disposal, but she was still a brilliant physical comedian in her own right.

Loved Molly. Had a mega-crush on her back in the day. Still do to this day, I suppose.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:27 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Molly LIVED in the moment.
Molly Shannon is great at "her" thing but Kate McKinnon has sooooooo much more range.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:27 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Molly Shannon is great at "her" thing but Kate McKinnon has sooooooo much more range.
Exactly right.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:28 PM 01-20-2015
Classic Shannon:

[Reply]
Direckshun 04:30 PM 01-20-2015

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:32 PM 01-20-2015
Classic Shannon:

I can KIIIIICKK, stretch and KICK!! I'm 50!!

50 years old!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bah... your Hollywood credentials arent winning the day on this one my friend!

Outside of Beiber and Olga or Merkel (three characters in three years? pretty good but gimme more longevity), Kate hasnt compiled nearly the dossier as Molly or several other gals... I want longevity and memorable characters, Kate is still a three year member still finding her way IMO.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:39 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm just not understanding all of the Kate McKinnon love in the "pick 4 ALL TIMERS" thing... she's a ****ing noob, did everyone suddenly forget Molly Shannon or Cheri Oteri?
She's a noob, but she's appears to be custom built for what SNL does.

Whether it's an outlandish character of her own creation, or an impersonation, or a backup/background role, or to just stand there looking either gorgeous OR hideous, you see her and reliably say 'yeah! that's what we were looking for.'

She has that rare mix of a chameleon who can grab the center stage in an instant. A sketch comedy Verbal Kent.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:55 PM 01-20-2015
Kate's Russian lady who saw the meteor was the best thing ever. Cecily strong is my fav, though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:04 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
She's a noob, but she's appears to be custom built for what SNL does.

Whether it's an outlandish character of her own creation, or an impersonation, or a backup/background role, or to just stand there looking either gorgeous OR hideous, you see her and reliably say 'yeah! that's what we were looking for.'

She has that rare mix of a chameleon who can grab the center stage in an instant. A sketch comedy Verbal Kent.
I agree about her talent, she's made some memories already... but she has a long way to go to make my "four all timers" list... right now, its Killam, Thompson and Kate that are carrying the show.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 46
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up