ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 125
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:06 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Yes, the 40-yard-dash, in sprint clothes, with hyper-specific training to that event, is the absolute be-all and end-all of speed (including long speed, apparently, which the original comment was about).

Jesus. How are people so brainwashed to thinking the 40 equates to shit. Hardman and Hill's 40 was close enough, and yet when they've raced it's a blowout. Because Hill is a much faster human being. And Hardman would absolutely clown Pach, despite the 0.04 difference.

And I haven't even mentioned pads yet. Charles actually played to his speed on the football field. If people really think Pach is a legit sub-4.4 guy on the field, then he must really, REALLY suck ass at every single other aspect of the game.
Or, as has has been well documented, he played on a shit team with a terrible offensive line.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:21 AM 08-04-2022
Looks plenty fast to me.

[Reply]
dtrain 06:44 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Looks plenty fast to me.

Didn't it take vision to make the cut?
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:59 AM 08-04-2022
CEH gets tackled after 15 yards in that situation.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:03 AM 08-04-2022
Oh boy college highlights. I’m sure CEH had none of those.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Looks plenty fast to me.

That was Michigan, not some Division II team too. But, if he is the real deal, why did he go so late in the draft?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:32 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That was Michigan, not some Division II team too. But, if he is the real deal, why did he go so late in the draft?
This is a perennial question, but specifically Veach mentioned predraft that Covid pushed a lot of seriously good running backs into this last draft. Here's the quote:

Originally Posted by :
The running back class this year, it’s really crazy,” Veach said. “When you factor in that COVID year last year, and some of the guys that stayed in school. I’ve never seen such a large group of fifth-, sixth-, seventh-round running backs. It’s like the names go from the top of the ceiling down to the bottom. I told the guys that there is going to be a 1,000-yard rusher that is a seventh-round pick, just by the sheer volume of numbers.

[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:34 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-) you guys are hilarious
mahomes has incomplete passes he must be inaccurate. /king
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:34 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Overall this rb class to me was kind of meh. I think Pacheco should have gone a few rounds earlier, my best guess is he dropped because he just had a poor support cast.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:35 AM 08-04-2022
I obviously want this guy to be a star, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

If I remember correctly, Darwin Thompson was getting similar hype in camp.
[Reply]
-King- 08:46 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
mahomes has incomplete passes he must be inaccurate. /king
Logical follow-up. Good job.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:49 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I think people tried to speak Darwin Thompson's success into existence based on some college highlight plays that reminded them of Kareem Hunt-lite. Hunt had been cut the previous season, and for some reason people were hating on Damien Williams even though he did well at the end of 2018. After those guys, you had Carlos Hyde, Darrell Williams and crap. Shady McCoy didn't get signed until later. And I think we used Spencer Ware's corpse at some point, too?

Anyway, it was just too perfect of a setup for Darwin Thompson to be either our lead or at least situational RB. It made too much sense. And yeah, he did look good against backup buttholes in preseason, but as usual, the coaches know better.

Pacheco doesn't have the position handed to him at all. There's still pressure to use CEH, and it's hard to ignore Jet McKinnon's effectiveness in the playoffs. If Pacheco gets carries, it's because he earned them by being better than the other guys. If he's not, then he'll still probably make the team as a kick returner.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:51 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think people tried to speak Darwin Thompson's success into existence based on some college highlight plays that reminded them of Kareem Hunt-lite. Hunt had been cut the previous season, and for some reason people were hating on Damien Williams even though he did well at the end of 2018. After those guys, you had Carlos Hyde, Darrell Williams and crap. Shady McCoy didn't get signed until later. And I think we used Spencer Ware's corpse at some point, too?

Anyway, it was just too perfect of a setup for Darwin Thompson to be either our lead or at least situational RB. It made too much sense. And yeah, he did look good against backup buttholes in preseason, but as usual, the coaches know better.

Pacheco doesn't have the position handed to him at all. There's still pressure to use CEH, and it's hard to ignore Jet McKinnon's effectiveness in the playoffs. If Pacheco gets carries, it's because he earned them by being better than the other guys. If he's not, then he'll still probably make the team as a kick returner.
I agree with all of this. You seem nice.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:54 AM 08-04-2022
I agree with all of this. You seem nice.
I'll tell you what's nice! The Kansas City Chiefs!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:58 AM 08-04-2022

I think the difference here is that one looked at Darwin and had immediate doubts due to size. Pacheco passes the eye test, so it really does come down to intangibles like vision, which we won't see until it's game speed.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 125
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up