ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:57 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Why is someones grandma in this video??
Pretty sure thats Willem Dafoes gay brother
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:06 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why does everybody ****ing want Josh Allen?

1. **** all people named Josh. Every Josh I’ve ever encountered in life is either a reerun, an asshole, or both.

2. He wasn’t the better ****ing QB so just stop this shit right now. He never has been. And he never will be.
The corrupt media is trying to spin the narrative that the Bills were dominating and the Chiefs got lucky. Somehow the Chiefs used the Overtime rules to their advantage to steal the game.

They are really going to hate us when we win the SB.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:13 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I think there are some other factors in regards to neutrals who are not fans of Chiefs, Bills or Patriots.

The NFL season finale this year was Chargers and Raiders starting at the normal Sunday Night kickoff time of 7:15 pm CST. That game ran the full 10 minutes of overtime and lasted about 4 hours of broadcast time. So that game ended about 11:15 pm CST

The Chiefs Steelers wildcard game was regular Sunday Night kickoff time.

There was a Monday Night game and a Saturday night game between 49ers and Packers that had the weather and went to the wire.

Chiefs Bills kickoff at 5:30 pm CST and one of the all time playoff games ends right before 9 pm CST, with both quarterbacks having played great to close out the game.

Neutrals have the best divisional round weekend ever closing out with the most anticipated game being an all time game and ending at 9 pm CST Sunday when there have been 19 weeks of Sunday night football until 10:30 pm CST.

I think all of that would be why more neutrals are considering a change in rule. I also think that Josh Allen established himself as a QB that could compete with Mahomes. Mahomes is universally recognized as the best and Josh Allen showed that he is not as far away as most fans thought when that game kicked off.

A lot of neutral fans were entertained by an awesome game and would have liked more and had a rational argument for why there should have been more.
I call BS on some of that. The Chiefs/Patriots game was at 5:30 Central, just like Buffalo/KC. Mahomes outplayed Brady, who had an end zone INT and choked the game away with an INT on the Dee Ford play. Brady was going against the worst defense in the league. Mahomes was going against Belichick, the best defensive coach in the world, and he dropped 24 points on them in the 4th quarter. Mahomes pulled a miracle drive with 35 seconds on the clock to force overtime, just like the 13 second drive this past weekend.

And after all of that against the Patriots, Mahomes never got to touch the ball in overtime. And what did neutral people in Buffalo do about it? They voted to keep the shitty rules in place. Bunch of neutral people around the country chose to overlook that Mahomes clearly outplayed Brady and they said the KC defense should have stopped the Patriots. The double standard and flip flopping is ridiculous.
[Reply]
jettio 10:17 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I call BS on some of that. The Chiefs/Patriots game was at 5:30 Central, just like Buffalo/KC. Mahomes outplayed Brady, who had an end zone INT and choked the game away with an INT on the Dee Ford play. Brady was going against the worst defense in the league. Mahomes was going against Belichick, the best defensive coach in the world, and he dropped 24 points on them in the 4th quarter. Mahomes pulled a miracle drive with 35 seconds on the clock to force overtime, just like the 13 second drive this past weekend.

And after all of that against the Patriots, Mahomes never got to touch the ball in overtime. And what did neutral people in Buffalo do about it? They voted to keep the shitty rules in place. Bunch of neutral people around the country chose to overlook that Mahomes clearly outplayed Brady and they said the KC defense should have stopped the Patriots. The double standard and flip flopping is ridiculous.
Seems like there was more talk about each team getting a possession in postseason OT after Chiefs-Patriots AFC Championship than there were after Super Bowl LI Falcons-Patriots.

Chiefs-Patriots OT was on same day as Saints Rams OT where Saints won the toss and had a turnover that led to Rams game winning FG. So Saints got screwed on the missed DPI call, and was not able to drain the clock so that Rams could not tie with FG for OT. But Saints losing the game in OT despite winning the coin toss blunted the argument in favor of 2 guaranteed possessions.

Since then, in 2019 playoffs. Saints-Vikings in wildcard round went to OT. Vikings won coin toss and long pass to Thielen to 2 yard line and TD pass to Rudolph wins game.

Texans Bills went to OT. Texans won coin toss punted to Bills who drove to FG range but drew penalty that put them out of Fg range and then punted and then Texans hit long play to Taiwan Jones into close FG range.

No OT games in 2020 postseason. Chiefs-Bills was first OT game this year.

Not sure why there is all this paranoia and persecution complex talk from Chiefs fans.

Competition Committee might pull the trigger on a change for postseason and if they do, it will because of a series of outcomes and not because some teams are favored over other teams.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:27 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I also think that Josh Allen established himself as a QB that could compete with Mahomes. Mahomes is universally recognized as the best and Josh Allen showed that he is not as far away as most fans thought when that game kicked off.
Mahomes universally recognized as the best? Based on what I heard/read/watched going into Sunday, you'd think Allen was the one with a SB Ring/SBMVP/Regular Season MVP under his belt.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:38 PM 01-25-2022
A big part of Allen’s late game success was due to us fielding 3rd and 4th string players in the defensive backfield. Getting Ward, Sneed, Fenton, Thornhill, and Mathieu on the field at the same time would have yielded a much different result. Not making excuses, just saying…
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:45 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s still crazy to me that the Chiefs went so long without a home playoff win (or even a playoff win at all), and then everything just changed seemingly overnight.
1 loss, and we’ve never played a road playoff game in the Mahomes era. Can’t say it enough, thank you to Clark, Andy, Veach, Patrick, Kelce, and Hill. I never in my wildest dreams that we’d ever be in the position we’re currently in. The pendulum finally swung back our way after all those years of misery. And we aren’t done yet!!
[Reply]
Goldmember 10:53 PM 01-25-2022

The talking heads praise Allen as if he had just played against the 85 Bears. Allen is a great QB, but he wasn't the first QB to torch the Chiefs secondary. During the Chiefs 8 game winning streak, they played mostly bad QBs. The two good QBs they beat were Herbert (Chargers should have won with a smarter coach) and Prescott. They gave up a lot of yardage and points to the better QBs except Prescott. Burrows just ripped them a new ahole a few weeks ago. Mahomes just beat the #1 defense. Mahomes has always played against the best defenses in the NFL in the big games; Patriots AFCCG, Niners SB, and Bucs SB
[Reply]
Goldmember 10:58 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
A big part of Allen’s late game success was due to us fielding 3rd and 4th string players in the defensive backfield. Getting Ward, Sneed, Fenton, Thornhill, and Mathieu on the field at the same time would have yielded a much different result. Not making excuses, just saying…
Should that diminish his performance? I think so. Burrows just ripped them a new ahole a few weeks ago
[Reply]
DRM08 11:12 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Goldmember:
The talking heads praise Allen as if he had just played against the 85 Bears. Allen is a great QB, but he wasn't the first QB to torch the Chiefs secondary. During the Chiefs 8 game winning streak, they played mostly bad QBs. The two good QBs they beat were Herbert (Chargers should have won with a smarter coach) and Prescott. They gave up a lot of yardage and points to the better QBs except Prescott. Burrows just ripped them a new ahole a few weeks ago. Mahomes just beat the #1 defense. Mahomes has always played against the best defenses in the NFL in the big games; Patriots AFCCG, Niners SB, and Bucs SB
Yep, Mahomes torched a pretty good defense. They had solid coverage for a huge chunk of the game. Two All-Pro safeties sitting in Cover 2 for 90% of the game. Mahomes pulled some miracle plays out of his butt, starting with the very first drive.
[Reply]
jettio 11:16 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Mahomes universally recognized as the best? Based on what I heard/read/watched going into Sunday, you'd think Allen was the one with a SB Ring/SBMVP/Regular Season MVP under his belt.
The yakkety-yaks that say whatever all know that Mahomes is the best.

I have to say that Josh Allen showed me that he is better than I thought he was.

And, the Bills came pretty close to beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Josh Allen was not the reason the Bills lost, so silly to think you should deliver any I told you so, to any yakkety-yak that predicted Bills winning a close game.

Josh Allen has done a great job improving each year.

Seems to me that all the Chiefs players including Mahomes, see Josh Allen as a top 5 QB and that he may be making his case for top 2 or top 3.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:16 PM 01-25-2022
Yep, Mahomes torched a pretty good defense. They had solid coverage for a huge chunk of the game. Two All-Pro safeties sitting in Cover 2 for 90% of the game. Mahomes pulled some miracle plays out of his butt, starting with the very first drive.
He never threw a pass more than 20 yards downfield. He’s our modern day Alex Smith. He’s our captain checkdown 🥰
[Reply]
Goldmember 11:21 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He never threw a pass more than 20 yards downfield. He’s our modern day Alex Smith. He’s our captain checkdown 🥰
Allen would do the same thing if the Chiefs had secondary
[Reply]
Fish 11:21 PM 01-25-2022
Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's pretty awesome...

[Reply]
DRM08 11:28 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Tom Brady might be the better comparison point. It’s good to see Mahomes embracing this strategy.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up