ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 53
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
Chiefshrink 02:37 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yep and Andy gave a very encouraging description of his progress…

Of course he is "feeling very well" !!:-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:38 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yep and Andy gave a very encouraging description of his progress…

Glad to hear Darrell could be back for the SB. Would be a nice option to assist Wylie against either of those D lines.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:51 PM 01-26-2022
Pringle feeling chippy
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:28 PM 01-26-2022
Watched the second half possessions again this afternoon.

The Chiefs actually had good rhythms in all 3 possessions. The first two stalled due to drops by the Chiefs (including a tough second-down drop by Kelce on the first one that directly preceded the near pick by Cincinnati) and a hold on third-and-short on the second one.

Third possession, nice job by the Bengals to show pressure and bring it when Mahomes clearly thought it was a bluff. This led to a third-down incomplete with no real chance to succeed due to the pressure and a FG.

I've seen some Bengals fans suggest they adjusted and that's what slowed the KC offense. I can buy that on the third-down pass right before the FG, but that's really the only time the Bengals did something different.

It really is more, based on reviewing again, about the Chiefs making mistakes than anything the Bengals did.

SO much went right in this matchup for the Bengals. A good portion of it great plays by Chase and Burrow. But the number of drive-extending penalties against KC, and the drops BY KC were incredibly influential and unlikely to recur.
[Reply]
mabbott 02:52 PM 01-26-2022
I will be curious to see how Joe reacts to Arrowhead loud... the LSU stadium, the loudest in the SEC, was measured at 130 db and we know that Arrowhead is in the 140s... So, we will see how much or little it matters to him.

I am looking forward to seeing how much pressure we can get with the front four and occasional blitz from our secondary.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:53 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:
I will be curious to see how Joe reacts to Arrowhead loud... the LSU stadium, the loudest in the SEC, was measured at 130 db and we know that Arrowhead is in the 140s... So, we will see how much or little it matters to him.

I am looking forward to seeing how much pressure we can get with the front four and occasional blitz from our secondary.
That's the thing. LSU is apparently loud but it was also his home stadium.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:01 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:

In the SEC he played in loud stadiums where his LSU offense was ridiculously more talented than any other defense they played besides Alabama.

Playing in a loud (loudest) NFL stadium where he is playing against equal or superior talent requires more precise pre-snap communications and that’s where he’ll feel the crowd noise impact the most.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:56 PM 01-26-2022
Maybe the fucker is deaf
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:31 PM 01-26-2022
That asshole was throwing to Chase and Jefferson. He’s good but he had a TON of talent around him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:17 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That asshole was throwing to Chase and Jefferson. He’s good but he had a TON of talent around him.
He had:

Ja’Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Thaddeus Moss
Terrace Marshall
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
A freshman Tyrion Davis-Price (1,000 yards from scrimmage this year)

And oh yeah, his OL:

Saahdiq Charles (WFT)
Lloyd Cushenberry (DEN)
Damien Lewis (SEA)

Yeah, that offense was insane.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:26 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He had:

Ja’Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Thaddeus Moss
Terrace Marshall
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
A freshman Tyrion Davis-Price (1,000 yards from scrimmage this year)

And oh yeah, his OL:

Saahdiq Charles (WFT)
Lloyd Cushenberry (DEN)
Damien Lewis (SEA)

Yeah, that offense was insane.
Yeah, I've said this before, but it's the only team I can think of that can hang with that 2001 Miami Hurricanes squad in terms of raw talent. The big difference is that LSU had Burrow while Miami had Ken Dorsey.

Don't get me wrong, Dorsey was a fine college quarterback. But Burrow is obviously next level.

I think that LSU season is probably the most impressive college football season in my lifetime. 15-0 through the SEC West including a win AT Alabama and a total of 7 wins against Top 10 opponents.

I just don't know how that can be topped. It was a remarkable season.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:36 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Better watch out, same thing they say of Mahomes.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:39 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Better watch out, same thing they say of Mahomes.
He did it in college where having WRs like that usually means they're wide open.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:55 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He did it in college where having WRs like that usually means they're wide open.
I was being sarcastic as well. I’ve never seen another quarterback do what Patrick does. They want to compare every other quarterback to Mahomes, but there’s literally never been a player like him before. He has more mojo, talent, and clutch gene (lol) than even Montana. It’s way more than just his supporting cast (but they’re HOF talents as well.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:33 PM 01-26-2022
Joe Burrow definitely had parents that told him he was special every moment, of everyday.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 53
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up