ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 35
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>House of the Dragon
listopencil 12:49 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What a fucking episode :-)

Daemon the GOAT: "he can keep his tounge"
I thought he was going to say "There it is" but that worked as well.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:32 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What a fucking episode :-)

Daemon the GOAT: "he can keep his tounge"
Classic Daemon. Can't win face to face so he sucker slices him from behind.

Probably the way he took out the much beloved Crabfeeder.

:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:48 PM 10-09-2022
This show is amazing. I love love love it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:45 PM 10-09-2022
Goddamn. That was some filmmaking.

Spoiler!

On the whole a fantastic episode.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:10 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Spoiler!

I think the Hightowers were well on the way to war with or without that misinterpretation. Her children would have definitely seen to that eventually anyway. The fact that there was such a misinterpretation at least adds to her motivations and makes them a little more understandable (especially given that Alicent clearly knows her son Aegon, the prospective heir, is a monster).
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:27 AM 10-10-2022

Spoiler!

I think the whole misunderstanding is the only way Alicent would support Aegon's claim for the throne. Outside of that, she would not have thought for a second that rapey raperson should be king.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:48 AM 10-10-2022
I just dislike the fact that the strong bastards are wimps when their dad clearly was not. Also idk how to spell his name but aemond?? The kid with one eye turned from a 12 year old to a 25 year old man lol. Either way great episode and Daemon is still the best.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I just dislike the fact that the strong bastards are wimps when their dad clearly was not. Also idk how to spell his name but aemond?? The kid with one eye turned from a 12 year old to a 25 year old man lol. Either way great episode and Daemon is still the best.
They are done with the time jumps now. This first year is just introducing the families, the people and their motivations so they can be of age to fight in the upcoming war that wipes out the dragons and ends their dynasty,

No spoiler as far as I know. Haven't read the books or saw youtube spoilers.... John Snow is the 5th grandson of Aegon, correct? The sons with the black hair, that's who his grandad was?
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:08 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No spoiler as far as I know. Haven't read the books or saw youtube spoilers.... John Snow is the 5th grandson of Aegon, correct? The sons with the black hair, that's who his grandad was?
Jon is like a 9th generation descendant of Rhaenyra and Daemon, via their 2nd son Viserys, the same one King V just said "nice name" to.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:39 AM 10-11-2022
I think Criston Cole and the Strongs should have been portrayed by dark skinned actors rather than the Velaryons. Assuming the goal is to make Luc and Jace obviously not Laenor's kids to the absolute dumbest audience members of course.

But ffs the Valyrian hairpieces look ridiculous.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:47 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Jon is like a 9th generation descendant of Rhaenyra and Daemon, via their 2nd son Viserys, the same one King V just said "nice name" to.
So they totally could have fucked in GoT then, right?
[Reply]
kevrunner 09:37 AM 10-10-2022
That actor is actually 20 years old, but he does look older, maybe having only one eye does that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think the Hightowers were well on the way to war with or without that misinterpretation. Her children would have definitely seen to that eventually anyway. The fact that there was such a misinterpretation at least adds to her motivations and makes them a little more understandable (especially given that Alicent clearly knows her son Aegon, the prospective heir, is a monster).
Yeah, I think they're playing it all to show her short lived reconciliation with Rhaenyra. I'm open to being wrong. But it looks to me like Aemond is going to go off the rails at some point either way. The misunderstanding thing seems cheap. But like I said, I'm open to being a moron here.

I wasn't feeling great about Daemon being a COLOSSAL CUNT a fair bit of the time. It seemed fairly annoying. However, when they panned the camera to him in a place that it felt like he should be a cunt, and he was very solemn and contrite, obviously caring for and respecting his suffering brother. Got that hit like a truck. Fantastic. Not a single word of dialogue, but super impactful scene. So yeah, I could be wrong here.

I think that was the point. He got the dragon then went from dork to bad ass. They may have went a touch overboard, but that was absolutely intentional IMO.

RE: Strong kids, they're obviously a fair bit younger. I THINK Aegon is supposed to be 19ish and Aemond is supposed to be 16ish. So if the Strong kids are 13 and 10 (I don't know, there are probably some dork videos out there that know how old they are to the day, but whatever that's how I see it) their weakness is probably appropriate.

I hope, as the war gets started at least one of them will become a Billy Badass. I loved Harlan going after Cole. I know it was a scripted fight, but that dude seemed like he had HEAVY ass hands. Gimme some more of that.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:18 AM 10-10-2022

I hope, as the war gets started at least one of them will become a Billy Badass. I loved Harlan going after Cole. I know it was a scripted fight, but that dude seemed like he had HEAVY ass hands. Gimme some more of that.
I can't stand Cole, he seems like a smug prick who got dumped so he figures to be as big an ass as possible.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:26 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I can't stand Cole, he seems like a smug prick who got dumped so he figures to be as big an ass as possible.
Yeah he's a cunt and he was the one that basically dump Rhaenyra, because she wouldn't run off with him.

The biggest cunt award goes to Otto Hightower. I hate that motherfucking weasel and can't stand when it shows him. The guy and his daughter Alicent act so high and mighty, but had been keeping Viserys drugged so they could do whatever they want with the kingdom. Felt awesome when Viserys came into the throne room to interrupt the bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 35
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up