ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 27
« First < 142021222324 252627 >
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Hammock Parties 11:02 AM 03-18-2022
Face of the Tleilaxu spider

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:19 PM 05-12-2022

‘Dune Part 2’: Christopher Walken To Play The Emperor In Sequel For Legendary And Warner Bros. https://t.co/vAgRshaNzG

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) May 12, 2022

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:54 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Proof that part 1 needed more cowbell
[Reply]
Frazod 05:26 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Heh. An unexpected casting choice. Should be fun, though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:49 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. An unexpected casting choice. Should be fun, though.
They got these, worms. . .
And the worms, . . . they POOP.
Craziest thing, . . . you snort the POOP, and you can FLY . . .
Swear to God, man. . . Craziest thing I ever saw . . . /walkenvoice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM 07-14-2022
Boy - they do a hell of an about/face on the Bene Gesserit, don't they? By the end of Chapterhouse you can make an excellent argument that the central story isn't about the Atreides as much as it is the Bene Gesserit.

I need to find some sort of source for Hunters and Sandworms to finish the main series, but they've really leaned heavily into the witches as misunderstood benevolent figures.

Oh, and Josh Brolin should've played Miles Teg. The Bashar is pretty much a badass and any story is made better by some sort of warrior monk.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:23 PM 07-16-2022
Finally got around to watching this one.

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the fuck?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:03 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the fuck?
The Baron had grown so fat that he could no longer walk. He moved around by means of anti-gravity suspensors. He used the suspensors to escape the poison gas.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:10 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

It's been a thousand years since I've read the first couple books, but iirc, sand worms actually are 'sand plankton' feeders. The idea is that the deserts of Dune are similar in many ways biologically to oceans, and so have 'plankton' just like water-based seas.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:36 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's been a thousand years since I've read the first couple books, but iirc, sand worms actually are 'sand plankton' feeders. The idea is that the deserts of Dune are similar in many ways biologically to oceans, and so have 'plankton' just like water-based seas.
They don't eat the sandtrout. The sandtrout become the worms.

And also how Leto II becomes a dickless half worm hybrid who lives for 3k years and argues philosophy with nerds until he loses his cool and tail whips Duncan v317 against the wall to explode into a thousand pieces.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
They don't eat the sandtrout. The sandtrout become the worms.

And also how Leto II becomes a dickless half worm hybrid who lives for 3k years and argues philosophy with nerds until he loses his cool and tail whips Duncan v317 against the wall to explode into a thousand pieces.
Sand trout. Forgot about those things. Yeah, they don't eat those. Wasn't Leto covered in those things at one point? Like a second skin or something?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:14 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Guys, it's gonna be great!

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:16 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sand trout. Forgot about those things. Yeah, they don't eat those. Wasn't Leto covered in those things at one point? Like a second skin or something?
Yes. That was part of his metamorphosis.

It started happening at the end of SciFi's children of Dune. Which is not a bad watch.

The casting is pretty good. Always loved their Paul.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 PM 12-07-2022

[Reply]
BWillie 10:45 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Cant wait. A full god damn year I have to wait.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 27
« First < 142021222324 252627 >
Up