ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 56
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
wazu 10:41 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The negativity comes from his apparent angst towards the Chiefs.

This franchise made that man a LOT of money by committing to him at LT and then winning around him. And we get "I want to play those guys in the post-season" as a response?

Fuck him.
Yep. He can take a seat next to Neil Smith.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 03-16-2023

This franchise made that man a LOT of money by committing to him at LT and then winning around him. And we get "I want to play those guys in the post-season" as a response?

Fuck him.
Players always seem to think they're being done wrong, even when they're not.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:42 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Bungholes lost their two starting safeties, their starting tight end and one can argue their better running back who was used heavily last year in pass blocking schemes.
The loss of Bell and Bates are particularly significant. You don't just replace that through the draft. Especially this draft that lacks depth at the safety position.
Bungholes defense as it stands is very much weaker than the one we faced last season.
No it's not. Dax Hill will step in at one spot and they're still looking at FA for another S.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:43 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yeah, but it's still the safety position which isn't nearly as big of a deal as having a solid LT. Orlando is a really big signing for them and at far cheaper than anybody expected.

The Bengals better.
That's the thing people aren't looking at. Would you pay 4/64M for a good LT or 4/64M for a good S. You take the LT every time.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:46 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Burrow is going get burrowed into the ground. I bet he misses a few games on account of Orlando Brown Jr.
Some of you all really need to come back to reality.

Jonah Willams was #1 and #2 in sacks given up the past 2 years. OBJ is better than any tackle the Bengals have put out there in that time and he's missed zero games due to injury.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:47 AM 03-16-2023
Yup.

"Well that's why they pay the gentleman in the black bathrobe. See y'all I in a few weeks..."

Crazy sucks. It gets beaten out of most folks over time, though. It's really just the noobs, the guys with short client rosters or, the worst of the worst, guys doing favors for their college buddies. Holy Christ those are awful.
I have no specific recollection of any wrong doing. Although I acknowledge mistakes may have been made I would like to move forward past this unfortunate incident.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:48 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
That's the thing people aren't looking at. Would you pay 4/64M for a good LT or 4/64M for a good S. You take the LT every time.
Here's the thing. They aren't getting a "good" LT. He's avg at best. And they'll soon find that out.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:48 AM 03-16-2023
No it's not. Dax Hill will step in at one spot and they're still looking at FA for another S.
Dax Hill has proven absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:49 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I've kinda calmed on Brown already. He and his agent messed up but there you go. But I despise the Bengals like most of CP despises the Bills. Just hate them. So i hate seeing them sneak this deal like the rats they are.

[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 03-16-2023
I don't have a problem arguing positional value, but this is horseshit. Bates is a much better S than OBJ is a LT.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM 03-16-2023

Jonah Willams was #1 and #2 in sacks given up the past 2 years. OBJ is better than any tackle the Bengals have put out there in that time and he's missed zero games due to injury.
pressure rate

joe burrow 16.5%

patrick mahomes 19.4%

congrats, you played yourself
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:55 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Honestly this signing is good for the Bengals and Chiefs. It just sucks for Brown Jr. This might be the last chance he has at LT or for LT money, so he needs to make the most of it.
I’m sure $44M guan ranted will heal his bruised vagina.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:56 AM 03-16-2023

He missed the 2021 regular season game vs the Bengals due to injury.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:59 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
IDK why I feel like doing this but OK.

LOLWUT. No, Brown isn't a better RT. Even in his 'prime' at RT he might not've been, and he DEFINITELY isn't now having not played it for years.
Not by grades, but by pressure numbers, Taylor's most recent season was his best and it was no more than equal to Brown's first 3 season's in BLT at RT.

You should be really happy with who you got but this revisionist history is silly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 AM 03-16-2023

Fuck him.
Bingo.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 56
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up