View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 239 of 343
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:23 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Be prepared to spend 2 1's to trade up for a LT then.
If the Chiefs could find a Toney-like deal out there, that'd be incredible. Of course, there are only so many Giants-like teams to dupe.

Think the Chargers would take a 3rd for oft-injured Slater? Me neither.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:31 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He played really well on Sunday, regardless of how Chief Fan feels. I think you're absolutely correct that beach is going to pay him, but I imagine he still has a number and won't go past it. He jettisoned Reek and he'll do the same with Brown.

I don't know who would outbid us here, but I'd like to think he returns on a fair deal. He probably won't, but that's the way it goes.
Oh, there's definitely a number Veach won't go past. My thought is that most teams just aren't going to pay him either. maybe BAL, because he fits their kind of game as well as any OT right now. BUt they have their own sword to fall on with Lamar. And I think they're going to do it.

And to my eye (not talking about stats from week-to-week right now), OBJ has improved his game this season. He does look a bit quicker to me, and he's found ways to work around his inherent lack of athleticism. Someone's been working with him on that score, and he's been putting in the work, imo.

So, unless he falls off a cliff, due in large part to the lack of high quality LTs out there, Andy will decide to "go with the girl that brung him to the dance,"if that makes sense.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:32 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
There aren't gonna be any LT's easily attainable that will be at OBJ's level and we need to work on the DL.

I just don't see them not paying him.
Yup agree. High quality pass protecting LT’s are not available often. They never are in FA. Have to have a top 15 pick
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:59 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup agree. High quality pass protecting LT’s are not available often. They never are in FA. Have to have a top 15 pick
A top 10, arguably top 5 left tackle was drafted at pick #23 just a year ago. Pretty damn good pick a year after taking the best WR in the NFL at pick #22. That’s a hell of a two year run in the draft, that team would be dangerous if they had someone better than Kirk Cousins at QB.

Point is, we had a chance (with a trade up) to address left tackle a year ago, I don’t think it’s just a given you can’t find one within reach in the 1st.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:02 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
A top 10, arguably top 5 left tackle was drafted at pick #23 just a year ago. Pretty damn good pick a year after taking the best WR in the NFL at pick #22. That’s a hell of a two year run in the draft, that team would be dangerous if they had someone better than Kirk Cousins at QB.

Point is, we had a chance (with a trade up) to address left tackle a year ago, I don’t think it’s just a given you can’t find one within reach in the 1st.
Darrisaw would have never been available at 23 if not for the long-term injury concerns. You can't bank on finding a guy like him really ever. Really, there's one guy like him, at any position, in the draft each year.
[Reply]
O.city 03:11 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Darrisaw would have never been available at 23 if not for the long-term injury concerns. You can't bank on finding a guy like him really ever. Really, there's one guy like him, at any position, in the draft each year.
He's also currently, injured IIRC>
[Reply]
kccrow 03:48 PM 11-15-2022
I don't think you're thinking of the right guy. I don't recall any injury question marks at all with Darrisaw.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't think you're thinking of the right guy. I don't recall any injury question marks at all with Darrisaw.
I thought he had core muscle surgery pre-draft?

But I'm not sure I'd put that in the 'chronic injury concerns' camp. These days that's more of a cleanup than anything.

EDIT: Yeah, but he appears to have been cleared pre-draft:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2021/...rgery-details/

My memory is that Darrisaw went about where he was expected. I remember him being similar to Trevor Penning in that he just kept rising through draft season. I certainly don't remember him falling due to injury concerns.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:54 PM 11-15-2022
I could definitely be mistaken.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 11-15-2022
I could definitely be mistaken.
It's interesting to look through the 'draft season' on him.

He started out as an mid 2nd then by March had shot up into the top 15ish....then settled in at, what, 23? Looks like Crow was the early 'high man' on him and was suggesting a trade to near the top 10 to get him (surrendering our 1st in 21 and 22 for the trade up).

You see that happen to a few guys every year, really. Some guy gets a ton of helium, it's not exactly undeserved but the sportswriters start copying each others notes and suddenly the 'consensus' is that the guy's going to explode into the top 10 because so many of these guys are stealing each other's notes that it makes a booming echo.

That sure appears to have been what happened with Jermaine Johnson - I mean with a week until the draft you had guys putting him at/near the top FIVE.

Draft season's become something of an exercise in figuring out who's doing their own homework...
[Reply]
Womble 01:28 PM 11-17-2022
Why would we even entertain the thought of giving this clown a mega deal after the year and a half he's had. I'm fucking tired of seeing him getting bulldozed and Mahomes getting pressured all the fucking time.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:44 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Why would we even entertain the thought of giving this clown a mega deal after the year and a half he's had. I'm fucking tired of seeing him getting bulldozed and Mahomes getting pressured all the fucking time.
Interesting bump considering no one is talking about it right now.
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:48 PM 11-17-2022
Is Womble a mult that is repping himself to put it in the green?
[Reply]
Womble 03:32 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Is Womble a mult that is repping himself to put it in the green?
Why would I want to be green? As a wise man (called InvinciBill) once told me: red for chiefs!
[Reply]
KCJake 03:40 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Why would we even entertain the thought of giving this clown a mega deal after the year and a half he's had. I'm ****ing tired of seeing him getting bulldozed and Mahomes getting pressured all the ****ing time.
The guy is fckn idiot for not accepting the deal the Chiefs offered him. The Chiefs are damn lucky he didn't. Dude isn't much better than Tega Wanogho
[Reply]
Page 239 of 343
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Up