ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 300
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:54 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by chiefsfan987:
yes he was fouled but apparently you have blinders on when we're on defense.
No, I just have some semblance of understanding what I’m actually watching when I watch basketball. Clearly not everyone does.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:57 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
You are over the top negative about this team and especially certain players.

That being said, you are not wrong this time.
Over the top negative about this team? I’m the guy who thinks they are a championship contender. How many here still believe that?

This beatdown though was completely predictable for anyone that has seen Houston play this year at home and the level of physicality they play with here. Given how little this game mattered to us, we weren’t going to be willing to do what it took to fight through this onslaught.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 04:02 PM 03-09-2024
Hey cut it to under 20 before the break. Small wins.
[Reply]
DJay23 04:02 PM 03-09-2024
I think there's something to be said for trying to knock off number one. KCConnection is right, this game is meaningless from a standings or seeding perspective at this point. If they could have hung with them in the first half that is worth it for the momentum and confidence boost going into the tournaments.

At this point, rest McCullar, makes sure you load manage the other starters. If you lose by 30 or 1, who cares?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:06 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I think there's something to be said for trying to knock off number one. KCConnection is right, this game is meaningless from a standings or seeding perspective at this point. If they could have hung with them in the first half that is worth it for the momentum and confidence boost going into the tournaments.

At this point, rest McCullar, makes sure you load manage the other starters. If you lose by 30 or 1, who cares?
We would have had to play our best game of the season by a mile here to even keep this competitive. It was never gonna happen. The incentives weren’t there for this team. Not where we are in the standings.

If McCullar is still out there for long in the 2nd half, it’s a significant mistake. Really any of the starters for that matter. We’ve got another game coming on Wednesday.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:12 PM 03-09-2024

No foul - Houston ball.

Weirdly @franfraschilla had zero comments on the officiating like normal. �� pic.twitter.com/LWND8AkqUV

— RRinehart (@RRinehart2012) March 9, 2024

Tackling is fair game today.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:13 PM 03-09-2024
McCullar is beat up (injured) and Dickinson looks like he's on his last leg. Sit them please.
[Reply]
DJay23 04:15 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We would have had to play our best game of the season by a mile here to even keep this competitive. It was never gonna happen. The incentives weren’t there for this team. Not where we are in the standings.

If McCullar is still out there for long in the 2nd half, it’s a significant mistake. Really any of the starters for that matter. We’ve got another game coming on Wednesday.
I agree, and I get your point about not risking it in this game. I agree with that actually.

But that's not Bill Self, and I think playing to try to establish some continuity from one game to the next was worth a try. But like I said, McCullar should be on the bench the rest of the game, and honestly I don't want to see him in KC. I don't care how bad Timberlake and Jackson have played. They obviously need the reps anyway.
[Reply]
DJay23 04:19 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Tackling is fair game today.
I don't usually get worked up in games like this that I know we're up against it. Why get worked up. But I was yelling a the TV for that one. Scared the cat.

Like I said before, I don't know what a foul is anymore.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:19 PM 03-09-2024
I agree, and I get your point about not risking it in this game. I agree with that actually.

But that's not Bill Self, and I think playing to try to establish some continuity from one game to the next was worth a try. But like I said, McCullar should be on the bench the rest of the game, and honestly I don't want to see him in KC. I don't care how bad Timberlake and Jackson have played. They obviously need the reps anyway.
McCullar on the bench to start. That’s something at least. And I’d agree, I wouldn’t play him in KC either.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:21 PM 03-09-2024
I don't usually get worked up in games like this that I know we're up against it. Why get worked up. But I was yelling a the TV for that one. Scared the cat.

Like I said before, I don't know what a foul is anymore.
Anything short of murder at Houston is your answer. They’re undefeated at home and it isn’t just because they’re a really good team.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:22 PM 03-09-2024
Holy cow, we're kicking the s*** out of yheir ....err, wait we're getting the shit kicked out of our ass.
[Reply]
DJay23 04:27 PM 03-09-2024
We are a mess.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:28 PM 03-09-2024
We are the 6th seed next week (assuming BYY beats OSU later), most likely playing Cinci on Wednesday.
[Reply]
PHOG 04:29 PM 03-09-2024
Timberlake wtf? :-)
[Reply]
Page 238 of 300
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up