Page 238 of 267
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
frozenchief 01:53 AM 02-22-2024
According to next gen stats, last year’s Chiefs team was the 19th best KC team of all time. Yet we won SB. This year’s team was the 28th best team. So there have been 27 KC Chiefs team since 1960 that were statistically better overall. Yet we won the SB. Why? We have the best QB in the NFL and it isn’t close.

You can say you’d rather have Burrow. Hell, you might even convince yourself that you believe it. But 31 GMs and 31 coaches in the NFL would take Patrick Mahomes over what they have now. It’s not even close.

Another interesting statistic: in the last 50 years, 26 QBs have lost their first trip to the SB, including Burrow. Guess how many went on to ever win the SB? 1. John Elway. No other QB has gone on to win the SB after losing their first time.

You also have only 2 more years under the 5 year rule. Josh Allen is already outside the 5 year rule window. Be interesting to see whether Burrow can validate that rule or prove the exception. He first has to stay healthy enough though. And so far he has not done a great job of staying healthy.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:17 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Shag:

Great players aren’t great all the time, they’re great just when they have to be.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:01 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
According to next gen stats, last year’s Chiefs team was the 19th best KC team of all time. Yet we won SB. This year’s team was the 28th best team. So there have been 27 KC Chiefs team since 1960 that were statistically better overall. Yet we won the SB. Why? We have the best QB in the NFL and it isn’t close.

You can say you’d rather have Burrow. Hell, you might even convince yourself that you believe it. But 31 GMs and 31 coaches in the NFL would take Patrick Mahomes over what they have now. It’s not even close.
Change the hypothetical to either Patrick Mahomes or the best QB your franchise ever had. How many would take Mahomes? The number that do not choose Mahomes has to be extremely small.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:32 AM 02-22-2024

Another interesting statistic: in the last 50 years, 26 QBs have lost their first trip to the SB, including Burrow. Guess how many went on to ever win the SB? 1. John Elway. No other QB has gone on to win the SB after losing their first time.

You also have only 2 more years under the 5 year rule. Josh Allen is already outside the 5 year rule window. Be interesting to see whether Burrow can validate that rule or prove the exception. He first has to stay healthy enough though. And so far he has not done a great job of staying healthy.
By what metrics? Cmon there weren't 18 fucking Chiefs teams better than last year's squad. People need to stop with the useless stats.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:00 AM 02-22-2024
Mahomes' teams expect to win, Burrow's breed arrogance
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:06 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Shag:

Top right Mahomes.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:29 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I'll send you $20 to fuck off.
There's a FYP in there but i'm gonna refrain this time.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:33 AM 02-22-2024

Well, i've never said that. He's who we have. Anyone that would say that isn't being honest. Or, in their mind they're honest when actually they're kinda dumb.

Also, this is the last year under the 5 year rule.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:49 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
By what metrics? Cmon there weren't 18 fucking Chiefs teams better than last year's squad. People need to stop with the useless stats.
"Useless stats". I know how you're never wrong and all that... :-)

but

It's possible to have previous teams be better by combined offense and defensive rankings, or maybe even by metrics like efficiency and epa, without having the best QB and still be considered a "better team".
[Reply]
Lzen 09:54 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Munson:
Inquiring minds want to know.

[Reply]
Lzen 09:59 AM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Burrow isn't cool. He's not smarter than Mahomes. He's very good and better than 99% of NFL QBs. But he's not "more cerebral" in any way, shape, or form.

There IS one thing he's demonstrably better at than Mahomes, however: Breaking apart in midair
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Yes he is.
Lol Rofl GIFfrom Lol GIFs

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:09 AM 02-22-2024

but

It's possible to have previous teams be better by combined offense and defensive rankings, or maybe even by metrics like efficiency and epa, without having the best QB and still be considered a "better team".
Zip it spanky. My metrics also say Burrow never wins a title :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:11 AM 02-22-2024
They have the Twenty Ten Cassel Chiefs over this years team for fucks sake :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:07 AM 02-22-2024

but

The Chiefs have seventeen 11+ win seasons ever and 30 winning seasons.... so a 14-win SB team being rated two spots lower than all 11+ win teams, and this year's team being 28th of 30 winning seasons as an 11 win team is pretty unbelievable. And not "omg, that's unbelievable!" ...but literally not believable.

I think a big part of it is how they treat the regular season these days.... they were obviously a far better team this season once they stopped rotating 8 receivers and CEH started getting fewer touches (among other things), and even after that they rarely blow out teams and routinely shut it down.

Similar to all the chest thumping that rival fans do around here every postseason for being point differential champs and so forth... so many of those stats don't mean shit. And many of those Chiefs teams of the past were in the same shoes, wanting to prove themselves, fighting for their playoff lives, etc... which is apples and oranges compared to these Andy Reid and Mahomes teams.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:17 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The Chiefs have seventeen 11+ win seasons ever and 30 winning seasons.... so a 14-win SB team being rated two spots lower than all 11+ win teams, and this year's team being 28th of 30 winning seasons as an 11 win team is pretty unbelievable. And not "omg, that's unbelievable!" ...but literally not believable.

I think a big part of it is how they treat the regular season these days.... they were obviously a far better team this season once they stopped rotating 8 receivers and CEH started getting fewer touches (among other things), and even after that they rarely blow out teams and routinely shut it down.

Similar to all the chest thumping that rival fans do around here every postseason for being point differential champs and so forth... so many of those stats don't mean shit. And many of those Chiefs teams of the past were in the same shoes, wanting to prove themselves, fighting for their playoff lives, etc... which is apples and oranges compared to these Andy Reid and Mahomes teams.
I'm hip. A lot of this kind of stuff has to do with someone being bored and crunching numbers to make a "new" point. I didn't look at this particular set at all so i have no idea, other than what you told me, how valid it is.

A lot of it comes down to the analytics generation. Take a previous team, compute their epa, compare them to today's team. If the raw numbers are better, the team was "better". Ultimate results don't really factor in a lot of the time.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 267
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248 > Last »
Up